Which racial quest lines are complete

Users who are viewing this thread

I am curious.  What I mean, is which factions have a complete, or at least lengthy quest line.  I know that the feron do, since I have heard so much about it, but what other factions have a quest line?

Forgive my ignorance if all of them do.

captain_carrot said:
I am curious.  What I mean, is which factions have a complete, or at least lengthy quest line.  I know that the feron do, since I have heard so much about it, but what other factions have a quest line?

Forgive my ignorance if all of them do.

Currently the Feron are the only ones with a complete quest line.  There is also a neutral quest line of decent length with good rewards and it can be done by any faction.

The Illoriaon have 2 quests coming up in 3.0, but it is just the start of their chain.  Additional quest lines are planned but making engaging, worthwhile quest lines is the longest/hardest thing to do in my opinion.  Both from a creative, coding, and testing standpoint, there are many things that can/will go wrong.

Serephe said:
What are these quest lines? How do I start? :smile:

Join the Feron Tribe by talking to Warchief Krug and then ask about quests.

Also talk to one of the Kingdom of Gilaes patrols for another quest line.

Also there is supposed to be two Illoriaon quests in the newest release (3.0) which is (supposedly) come out this week.

Fun fact: Firefox thinks Illoriaon should be fixed to "illogical".

Thanks guys, I'll check them out after dinner. :smile:

Well, so far I've been lucky. At the very start of my game after talking to the patrol, I found what I was looking for not 5 seconds away from where I stood. Now I just need to wait a couple days it seems.

I'm looking forward to seeing how good these quest lines are.

Serephe said:
Thanks guys, I'll check them out after dinner. :smile:

Well, so far I've been lucky. At the very start of my game after talking to the patrol, I found what I was looking for not 5 seconds away from where I stood. Now I just need to wait a couple days it seems.

I'm looking forward to seeing how good these quest lines are.

Yes, the locations are random in that quest, so you were lucky indeed!

Darkstar707 said:
Also there is supposed to be two Illoriaon quests in the newest release (3.0) which is (supposedly) come out this week.

Fun fact: Firefox thinks Illoriaon should be fixed to "illogical".

:lol: and u thought that religious zealotry should be 'logical' in the 1st place? Firefox is a genius...

Well, perhaps I was lucky, and perhaps I wasn't... it seems the next quest in the chain is quite a bit more difficult for one who lacks followers. I'll attempt it tomorrow, when I'm less sleep deprived, as my vision is going and that makes it rather hard to hit people with a crossbow or sword.

Nerf fatigue!

No time limit after the first part of the quest is done, so no pressure on you there.  Sleep, build up a small army, and good luck.

After several tough battles I've found the information I was looking for. Now to put the information to use, and complete the next part of the quest. The enemy wasn't as strong as I expected from their party size.

The cities are quite beautiful. Although Eaglewatch is very... claustrophobic?

The Barbarians of Elsgard aren't that difficult to defeat if you use decent tactics and a decently geared army.  Still, a lot of people have been calling for reduced numbers to their groups.  Most likely because they will often team up and pile 3 or 4 hundred of them against one opponent and that pass they are in his critical for travel between Plague/Planelord lands and Illoriaon/Asaleth.  I'm still torn on it.

Glad to hear of your progression. 

Hmm... well, I expect with several of the groups piling together it would be difficult at the beginning, especially since some of them have horses. A single group of 80-90 was fairly easy to defeat with 30-40 of the holy warrior factions basic recruits though.

I think balance is a very hard thing to achieve, especially as you don't have 100% control over the game as its a mod. Still, I think it is a good mod, and so far a good job has been done in making it very enjoyable.

Thanks for the feedback, Serephe. As you said, balance is very hard to attain - companies like Blizzard spend months balancing it all out. I don't think we'll ever reach that point, but hopefully we can eliminate anythings that really make it hard/easy to play as your favourite faction.

Back
Top Bottom