RUST THE WHEEL - Ver .026 Released! *Updated September 18, 2012*

Users who are viewing this thread

N0ught

Sergeant Knight at Arms

DOWNLOAD FIX VERSION .026 "Guns, Guns, Guns..." HERE (66.32MB):
http://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade/mods/3795/?

Build a door
Leave the tree
Grind the core
Death is free
Kill the pain
Learn to feel
Drink the rain
Rust the wheel
- N0ught

*Introduction*

Just a fix release this time around. A lack of gas (and programming functionality) has silenced the chainsaws for now. Many troops were not being issued firearms, and I have fixed this, so there should be even more lead flying (hopefully) past your head. And the sound files are now smaller, allowing for a smaller download. All in all, the same mod, with some much-needed fixes. Enjoy!

*Preface*

This mod contains themes from two literary references: The Dark Tower novels, by Stephen King, and V for Vendetta, the graphic novel by Alan Moore - with my own twist. I realized while contemplating possible changes to this mod that the positive/negative aspects of both of these already present elements could be combined into an amalgam of concepts - a sort of dark alchemy containing a desperate message. I hope you all enjoy my version of hell, and be warned: this is a HARD mod.

I would like to encourage anyone to post screenshots in this thread!

NOTE: Saved games are NOT compatible between different versions of this mod.

NOTE: I appreciate the many enthusiastic requests for use of content from this mod, but the answer is now and will always be a firm no. If you want to hack out the items for your own use, that's fine - but nothing in this mod is allowed to be re-released in another mod. Thank you for understanding. :smile:

FEATURES

*Two new factions!*

The Red ~ The Red are the loose-cannons and radicals among the people who have risen up against the foundations of government and The White who protect it. They are led by the anarchist, V.

The White ~ The White are the moral and willful among the people who have risen up to protect the innocent from The Red who prey even upon their own kind. They are led by the gunslinger, Roland Deschain.

*Two new starting professions!*
Begin the game as a gunslinger or, an anarchist. Also, a few new questions for character generation have been added to further round out your character!

*Ten new banners!*
The first two banners will be used by the main factions, by default, but feel free to choose any you like! Each faction also uses only one banner!

*More blood!*
The blood intensity has been raised! Be prepared for a bath!

*New trade goods!*
Poppies.jpg

Horse Meat, Gunslinger Burritos, Rice, MRE, Agave, Molasses, Sugar, Grapes, Cherries, Corn, Poatatoes, Unmarked Canned Food, Mead, Bourbon, Brandy, Everclear, Gin, Tequila, Vodka, Whiskey, Rum, Absinthe, Water, Poppies, Tobacco, Devil's Weed, Shish, Tar, Junk, Meds, Coffee, Tea, Barley, Rye, Yeast, Hops, Juniper, Wormwood, Silver, Gold, Sulphur, Saltpetre, Charcoal, Gunpowder, Leather, Gasoline, Lead, Wood, Styrofoam, Diamond, Quartz, Copper, Steel, Brass, Sterno, and Lighter! Lots of new meshes for native goods!

*Guns. The Firearms skill has also been enabled!*

*Jukeboxes in every tavern. Darts, anyone? Parlor Darts are sold at weaponsmiths, and rules for darts can be found in the .zip file with the mod!*

*Two new companions!*

Smitty is a gunsmith, and can make many munitions, as well as manufacture drugs.

Shiner is an old brewer, and can make any alcohol in the game, as well as cigarettes and rollies.

*Screenshots!*

*Changelog - Ver .026!*
~Removed chainsaw noise for now. Didn't work properly.
~Most troops are now guaranteed ranged weaponry.
~Replaced .wav files with .ogg files.

*** Full changelog included with mod files!

cool, been admiring your models for a while, nice to finally get to check them out.  :smile:    only had time to look at it for a few minutes, and I know this is still in early development, but some quick feedback...

- you have some great models, nice work, I love all the options for sword shields, etc.  you may want to add the shield bash kit since that is probably the closest we will get to dual wielding and works well in my mod. 
- the blood background is too dark, its tough to read the text, so you need to either change the text color or lighten the background
- I'm not sure if you intended this, but it may not be the best idea just to replace the existing skin textures since it messes up the age slider, random faces in towns, the face that was used on LOD's seemed to be messed up, some bandits had the joker face, etc.  You may just want to add them as new face textures in module_skins.py and then manually give those face codes to troops you want to have them.
- you can switch the reload animation so its not as obviously a musket, I found a decent one, PM me if you are interested
- it looks like you removed a lot of knights?  I initially did this in my mod and the game will get really booring if you do this since they only depend their castles and don't go on patrol, etc.  I had to keep it at around 100 knights to have some activity on the map
- its possible to create new races with custom sound effects in module_skins.py, so might be cool to give the player the option to play as different races and have custom sounds.  this will be in the next release of my mod and made a big difference, etc.

anyway, looks like this will be a fun project, keep up the good work!

edit:  if you are looking for more armor you could use or re-texture some of my OSP clothing models
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,57784.0.html

Have to say AWSOME MOD! and i have been looking at the forums for quite awhile... most are all the same just new factions and warriors, or new weapons and armor. But you take the "new stuff" to a different level with vampires, werewolves, and some very nicely done armor/weapons. Good Job, no wait... not good, GREAT!

EDIT- Just maybe... refine some of the meshes/textures, and possibly... add more vampire vs. werewolf vs. humans weapons/armor because I love them? :3 :grin:

-Particularly I mean refine some of the armor... like the jeans... they kinda spread in the middle. XD

Wooow, you did a very good job here man. I think, one of the best mods is coming (soon  :wink:)

But there is something wrong here (imo). Why are you trying to change the game medieval looking? The war between vampires and werewolves doesn't have to be in our modern age. It can be implemented in medieval-times. I think, it suits the game very well.

One more thing: Why are there so many races? Vampires, Werewolves and Guardians (who want to kill the other two) are enough.

This is your mod and of course, you do what you want. My opinions are just suggestions. Keep your awesome work.

very funny - the shotgun shells and the revolver accept all shots - if you have a shotgun and a revolver and 45 shots for revolver and 25 shotgun shells you end up with 70 shots when loading and going into battle....is there a way around this?

well i guess we only need a rubberduck with explosives inside  :lol:

have you seen the mod with goulish textures that makes the whole world look a lot more scary? some of that stuff would do wonders do the world....a bit too sunny and lovely at this phase

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,42657.0.html

but very nice - made my day - Thanx!  :grin:

oh maybe the cigarette could add +1 something? health?  :cool:

CCDK said:
very funny - the shotgun shells and the revolver accept all shots - if you have a shotgun and a revolver and 45 shots for revolver and 25 shotgun shells you end up with 70 shots when loading and going into battle....is there a way around this?
both pistol's and musket's use bullets in the game, so there isn't an easy way around this.  In my star wars mod I got rid of crossbows and converted those into heavy weapons which used a different ammo type, so that is probably the best option...

Noobcake said:
whoa looks great  :O simply awsome models, did u make em?

Yes I did - I have done all of the models and coding myself, with lots of help and advice from my fellow forum cronies. You know who you are. :mrgreen:

HokieBT said:
cool, been admiring your models for a while, nice to finally get to check them out.  :smile:    only had time to look at it for a few minutes, and I know this is still in early development, but some quick feedback...

- you have some great models, nice work, I love all the options for sword shields, etc.  you may want to add the shield bash kit since that is probably the closest we will get to dual wielding and works well in my mod. 
- the blood background is too dark, its tough to read the text, so you need to either change the text color or lighten the background
- I'm not sure if you intended this, but it may not be the best idea just to replace the existing skin textures since it messes up the age slider, random faces in towns, the face that was used on LOD's seemed to be messed up, some bandits had the joker face, etc.  You may just want to add them as new face textures in module_skins.py and then manually give those face codes to troops you want to have them.
- you can switch the reload animation so its not as obviously a musket, I found a decent one, PM me if you are interested
- it looks like you removed a lot of knights?  I initially did this in my mod and the game will get really booring if you do this since they only depend their castles and don't go on patrol, etc.  I had to keep it at around 100 knights to have some activity on the map
- its possible to create new races with custom sound effects in module_skins.py, so might be cool to give the player the option to play as different races and have custom sounds.  this will be in the next release of my mod and made a big difference, etc.

anyway, looks like this will be a fun project, keep up the good work!

edit:  if you are looking for more armor you could use or re-texture some of my OSP clothing models
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,57784.0.html

* I may look into the shield-bashing scripts. Sounds good.
* I will work on lightening the background a bit.
* I may make the new faces dedicated to the different races once I get races defines - for now I kind of like the randomness - after all, there may be vampires in the anarchist faction, or even werewolves working for vampires cause they hate their own kind. We will see what the future holds.
* I will look into the reload animations, but for now thats really a minor change, and pretty far down the list.
* More knights will be added in time. :grin:

crossfirex said:
Have to say AWSOME MOD! and i have been looking at the forums for quite awhile... most are all the same just new factions and warriors, or new weapons and armor. But you take the "new stuff" to a different level with vampires, werewolves, and some very nicely done armor/weapons. Good Job, no wait... not good, GREAT!

EDIT- Just maybe... refine some of the meshes/textures, and possibly... add more vampire vs. werewolf vs. humans weapons/armor because I love them? :3 :grin:

-Particularly I mean refine some of the armor... like the jeans... they kinda spread in the middle. XD

* The problem with the jeans is one I'm having trouble correcting - every time i move the crotch a little higher the model goes crazy on export - I will definitely work on this and some of the other models to make them better in time.

UluEgo said:
Wooow, you did a very good job here man. I think, one of the best mods is coming (soon  :wink:)

But there is something wrong here (imo). Why are you trying to change the game medieval looking? The war between vampires and werewolves doesn't have to be in our modern age. It can be implemented in medieval-times. I think, it suits the game very well.

One more thing: Why are there so many races? Vampires, Werewolves and Guardians (who want to kill the other two) are enough.

This is your mod and of course, you do what you want. My opinions are just suggestions. Keep your awesome work.

* This mod doesn't focus solely on the vampire and werewolf war - I wanted more guns involved (and plan to add AK47's, etc. eventually) to specifically add a modern element. The setting is not necessarily midieval either - it could be post-holocaust, which would fit the "Gunslinger" elements well, as well as the anarchist ones.
* And as far as the factions go, I wanted vampire-slayers, werewolf slayers, and to have wars between the forces of chaos (anarchists) and order(guardians) as well.

CCDK said:

well i guess we only need a rubberduck with explosives inside  :lol:

have you seen the mod with goulish textures that makes the whole world look a lot more scary? some of that stuff would do wonders do the world....a bit too sunny and lovely at this phase

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,42657.0.html

but very nice - made my day - Thanx!  :grin:

oh maybe the cigarette could add +1 something? health?  :cool:

* It would be rather difficult to make new kinds of ammo. The fukiya even counts as a crossbow, and the fukibari as bolts. :grin: And actually a .410 shotgun shell CAN be fired with a .45 revolver (though I do NOT recommend this).
* I will be working on making the mod a bit darker and scarier, for certain. Particularly, I want to increase fog and rain occurrences.
* Oh, and for the cigarettes, I was going to have them subtract 1 armor (showing the ill health effect smoking has) but when I set the armor to -1, it added 255 instead, so I decided to give it no effects whatsoever (except making you look cool, of course :lol:).

Ruthven said:
Dudro said:
it's funny because the anarchists are a faction. :grin:
It'd be even funnier if the anarchists had a faction leader.  :grin:

* The anarchists are a faction because they have expanded their criminal/terrorist enterprise to become a world power. More background info will be available eventually - I plan on having a very rich storyline with LOTS of quests involved, one day.
* The anarchists do have a faction leader - his name is Chaos and he looks like V from V for vendetta (and has all of the V for Vendetta items I have made, for his use)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great feedback guys! I'm glad this mod is recieving an overall positive response! Keep playing and keep it coming! And great screenies - keep posting them! :twisted:

EDIT: Also, if a forum moderator could move this to the "released mods" section, I'd be much obliged. :wink:

Good job on this, I have a question though. I get weird shadows, they look like this:

mb1-1.jpg

It's not really important but it is annoying.

Back
Top Bottom