Tell us about your character!

Users who are viewing this thread

I talk with swords.
*Smashes the Basterd out of the threat*

Now, to keep this on-topic, I shall tell you about my char from Native:
Joe (or Joseph) was born to some peasants in Emirin; when reaching adulthood he joined a band of mercenaries and gained some combat experience and some looted weaponry. Later he joined the mighty companies of Royal Swadia, and after some years, Joe signed off and began to hunt bandits for fame and more loot. This would be the base on which he later built his own company. As a simple Swadian he recruited only countrymen, and being a footsoldier himself he trained them all as infantry. His company numbers around 30-45 men, all on foot; Joe's pride is his elite force of some 8 shocktroops, heavily armoured companions armed with 2handed swords and throwing axes, which lead the assault of his company.

His Sergeants are feared throughout the Khergit Khanate and the Vaegir Kingdom; Even the hardy Rhodok foot has respect for the company, which was soon nicknamed 'the Thirsty Thirty' and 'the loud lot'. Joe himself fights with a 2handed sword and throwing axes, and uses his spiked mace against peasant women while looting villages. He's still illiterate (keeping my INT below 7 for RP purposes), but his fame is growing. Right now, he's the proud captain of some 40 men, of which half are Swadian Sergeants!

For my female character.

D'Brickshaw, born in Ibdeles, she was trained by a man of Khergit decent, who could still do horse archery. When she got older she eventually led a group of Rhodok mercenaries in a unique combat style, as a Mounted Crossbowmen, she used a light crossbow, steel bolts, a sword and a small shield, while riding a Hunter. She wore a Jerkin for her armour, as well as leather boots and a leather cap, the light armour would help her move fast while still providing some protection. After setting out on her own she started roaming around the Swadian lowlands, boosting her skills in horse archery by taking on parties of looters. Eventually she went back to Ibdeles and recruited some of her fellow townfolks, aswell as some villagers from most of the other villages in the area. She usually used a group of roughly  20-30 Rhodok troops, 10 she would train to be spearmen and the rest she would train to be crossbowmen, currently her company supports 14 Rhodok Sharpshooters and 7 Rhodok Sergeants. She also used two companions, her kinsmen Bundark, a former guard at Veluca, and Katrin, a former trader. She now usually clashes with Sea Raiders and Forest Bandits without taking any casualties. Furthermore she is starting to attack small Vaegir parties, using Dhirim as a base of operation. She is on friendly terms with the Swadians, after rescuing Lord Clais when his party was being attacked by some Vaegirs.
Agile and Intelligent, with 13 in Agility and 10 in Intelligent, but slightly lacking charisma (7) and has descent strength (:cool:. She focuses on Horse Archery and power strike, with some first aid and wound treatment skills.

*Sigh*
Alright, it has been fun, but you must not overdo.
Please don't do this in these old and venerable topics, you can alays spam the off-topic section if you like...

Oh, and about duelling, I really wish it'd be that simple, and I really want to give ye a proper thrashing, but at the moment it's not quite possible to cross our weapons.

In other words: Come and face me if you dare!

This is work in progress, as im waiting for the update to download -.-

His name is Sir Henrick, the Leader of a Rebel army against the Nords.He was before a vassal, but after the war between Nords and Vaegirs started, he rebeled and started plundering lands, and not only nordic ones.He started recruiting swadian men and conquered a nord castle.Now he defends his newly found Kingdom against the constant attacks of the barbaric nords.

Name: Hod

I said Goodbye to the land where I grew up and lived for the past 28 years. To experience myself that everyone's talking about from Taverns, To Town Halls and To Plazas. The land of Calradia. They say It was the land of dreams, Where everyone would wanna start their life there and work their way up to be one of the richest persons on that land. And all of the other things they said that was Amazing about Calradia. When I got there. War was the welcoming gift that Calradia can give me. All of the lords of all over the land are waging wars with other lords from other factions.

I found myself starting on a City called "Halmar" ruled by some tribe-like people. They were at war with every faction that is on the land of Calradia so I set out Immediately and go North. Out of Halmar. While Travelling. I got known better of what's happening in the world. The Khergits were the ones that is at war with every faction out there. Every Lord's from other Factions wants the crown for total domination for the whole Calradia and all of those other things. I arrived on the town of "Praven" there I met different companions that are with me today. And where I start to become a great knight and learning the ways of leadership. For months, I traveled city-by-city just to join the tournaments, And i just won every tournament that I got into of. After tons of tournaments that I entered and won. I got into the Castle of Praven. There, I did different Odd Jobs to raise my renown to the Swadian people. After a few tasks over there. Khergits besiege the neighboring city of Dhirim. There I rushed in with the King's request and there we obliterated the Khergits from taking Dhirim. The king then recognized my talents in the battlefield so he tasked me to become a Swadian Mercenary group. I accepted it and ride my way to help The Swadians conquer Khergits and race with other factions that is also at war with those Khergits to get their Cities and Castles.

After few sieges and takeovers. I told the king that I am ready for my vassalage. He then gave me the oath and he accepted me to the Swadian Army. There, My Days as a Lord of Swadia starts with my name as Lord Hod!

Well, I've been playing the game for a while now. On my old computer I had two characters: one who seemed to have bad luck on everything and the other bent on world-domination who was quite famous. However, once I got a new laptop for Christmas I decided to install the game on it. Playing in my room was much easier than playing downstairs in the den, and I decided to adopt the persona of a character who mirrored myself, and even took my name, Clirkus, for her own.

In all essence she became me. I did my best to make her appear as similar to me as possible. Fair, blue eyes, light brown hair. She became the one who went on all the adventures I always wanted to go on. She became famous, influential, loved by many and hated by one (Rayeck and I are sworn enemies and it's all Surdun's fault).

My past matters little to me now, for so much has happened. Though I started out small and hopeful, I now possess the Town of Curaw, and the villages of Sumbuja (my first, which is fiercely devoted to me and which is my particular favorite), Ismirala, and Emer. I'm terribly poor, considering, and it doesn't help that we go to war with two or three other factions at a time (we've almost wiped out the Vaegirs) but I manage to manage.

I am a woman of honor and many lords have become my friend because I spared them becoming my prisoner, though I cannot say as much for their soldiers. I rather depend on their ransom to support my own party. I have never taken hostile action against a village, although I've taken very hostile action against those who take hostile action toward my villages, particularly Sumbuja.

I have entertained fancies of helping a claimant achieve their sworn throne, or abandoning my King to begin a faction of my own, but the longer I remain with them, the more silly these fancies seem to me. In fact, I soon plan to wed to Jarl Gerlad (mainly because he possesses a castle which I highly desire, you might know it as the one in the far north, and seated at the banquet table there is a skeleton. This castle has always intrigued me.)

That is what I have achieved so far with my character. I have many stories to tell but those are a little more off topic. Currently I retain a party of 45 including myself for financial reasons. But we manage well enough. I am anxious to see what lies in store for me, and I intend to hold my reputation as a fair and honest woman, battle-hardened though I may be, and ruthless in the field.

That is I, and I am proud of it.

(By the way, my right to rule is 30 and rising)

In SoD the villain heir has just discovered the joys of the balanced Karax. This lance like weapon handles nearly the same as a double sided lance, but it is much longer. After going archer/great sword/old realm lance as I used to do this has proven much more fun. However, my personal trainer informs me I should practice more with one handed weapons and throwing weapons. On related news, moving wall of arrows has become the new tactic. Keep those archers moving forward! Very vulnerable to cavalry, which is why the line is reinforced with huscarls, sargeants and pikemen. The kingdom now spans virtually all of the old rhodok empire, narra from the khergit and praven and dhirim from the swadian, plus various castles.

note to self: make the enemy fight anywhere but at Dhirim. Suicidal charges down siege towers are not the way forward

The biggest pain in the ass is moving the main army to the next staging area. Narra and Veluca are left with 500 man garrisons, mostly recruited bandits and low tier troops that I have no interest in in upgrading. Jelkala is manned by 600 black army soldiers and some auxilliary. Iron guards, ravagers and assaulters, some iron side and finally mercenary sharpshooters. Dhirim is staffed to the top. A whole 1000 units stand on its walls, to dsicourage any attack. Swadian knights, sharpshooters and sargeants, villian elite bowmen, khergit auxilliaries, timariot...this is where the misc mercenairies go to. Tough cookie. Praven is the "soft" target, with a mere 300 units. 120 faith soldiers and 100 high chiefs and the best of the best from the black army and the serpent host: raven captains and basilisk knights. For those who don't know SoD, think of it as a collection of swadian knights that shoot very, very good. Raven knights sometimes have handguns, how great is that? Then there is newly conquered Yalen (Jalen? I forgot). Currently staffed by about 200 villian sharpshooters and soon to recieve the serpent host and jotnar clan mercenairies from Dhirim.

Every nation recognizes me as "to be eliminated", yet I can usually take some 300 of my top units and ask a lord somewhere kindly for peace and get paid for it. So far I've left the nords and veagir alone, since they were too far away. However, it seems they are taking advantage of the chaos and grabbing Rhodok and Swadian territories. The only ones I really hate to fight are the Khergit. Pretty much all their units have bow and arrow and the elephant guard javelin throwers hurt. It's the only siege in which I lost more than 40 soldiers. And guess what. Which nation is grabbing castles and towns left and right? Got it in one. In the open field I don't mind them. As long as they don't learn to distract my archers, their horse archers are as good as dead. Plus my mounted archers are better. And since I'm now playing as a spear man with a bow, the first few units in any cavalry charge are dead. 250% speed bonus? Must have been a fast horse.. Actually, the first few units in any charge are always dead.

note to others: aim for the horses. A knight on foot in the middle of the enemy line is in big trouble, though usually not for very long.

I've recently gone to reducing the number of troops in my army that I take with me when hunting enemies. It was usually a core of 80 or so units and 50 (+- 140 soldiers average) of whatever I was training at that moment. Going back to a core of 40 (+- 100 soldiers in army) and occasionally fighting 300 enemies made me reconsider strategy to save arrows. Villainese bowmen make the core of the army and I'm constantly training them, though usually only up to elite. Moving forward to reduce shooting distance, keep moving forward, and hold fire untill they're close has seen me through some tough battles,

Clirkus said:
Well, I've been playing the game for a while now. On my old computer I had two characters: one who seemed to have bad luck on everything and the other bent on world-domination who was quite famous. However, once I got a new laptop for Christmas I decided to install the game on it. Playing in my room was much easier than playing downstairs in the den, and I decided to adopt the persona of a character who mirrored myself, and even took my name, Clirkus, for her own.

In all essence she became me. I did my best to make her appear as similar to me as possible. Fair, blue eyes, light brown hair. She became the one who went on all the adventures I always wanted to go on. She became famous, influential, loved by many and hated by one (Rayeck and I are sworn enemies and it's all Surdun's fault).

My past matters little to me now, for so much has happened. Though I started out small and hopeful, I now possess the Town of Curaw, and the villages of Sumbuja (my first, which is fiercely devoted to me and which is my particular favorite), Ismirala, and Emer. I'm terribly poor, considering, and it doesn't help that we go to war with two or three other factions at a time (we've almost wiped out the Vaegirs) but I manage to manage.

I am a woman of honor and many lords have become my friend because I spared them becoming my prisoner, though I cannot say as much for their soldiers. I rather depend on their ransom to support my own party. I have never taken hostile action against a village, although I've taken very hostile action against those who take hostile action toward my villages, particularly Sumbuja.

I have entertained fancies of helping a claimant achieve their sworn throne, or abandoning my King to begin a faction of my own, but the longer I remain with them, the more silly these fancies seem to me. In fact, I soon plan to wed to Jarl Gerlad (mainly because he possesses a castle which I highly desire, you might know it as the one in the far north, and seated at the banquet table there is a skeleton. This castle has always intrigued me.)

That is what I have achieved so far with my character. I have many stories to tell but those are a little more off topic. Currently I retain a party of 45 including myself for financial reasons. But we manage well enough. I am anxious to see what lies in store for me, and I intend to hold my reputation as a fair and honest woman, battle-hardened though I may be, and ruthless in the field.

That is I, and I am proud of it.

(By the way, my right to rule is 30 and rising)

Scrap all the awesome stuff I just said. Well, most of it anyway. My computer's hard drive went caput, but no worries, character was exported and imorted to a different computer. Now I'm back to day 51, however, doing awesome with all my money and saved skills. Going for something different than last time. However, another thing I saved was my last savegame as well, I don't know if I can use that though. The important part is, I'm still having fun!

mine is a long hair, white guy with a thin mustache-beard (Mustache n beard meeting at each edge) he weares heraldic mail+surcoat and a 2H cleaver with arming swords, shield and siege crossbows,

#Calradia, 20 may, my face becomes flat, im hideous, and from a short view long story short i looked like ****, then i panicked and quit without saving then i play another previous save  :grin:

I've always thought this was in the wrong place. I mean this is about the game and your character so really it should not be in off topic am I right?

It was made by a Dev. Those never die! More importantly this should be moved to an on-topic board and used. This is still a rather viable topic.

My steppe nomad: Khussan. He enjoys firing arrows from horseback towards unsuspecting Swadians and Vaegirs. He hails from the humble village of Tulbuk near the mountains. He's a native to Calraida and grew up practically on a saddle for most of his life. His father was the village elder before he passed away, his mother now an old widow whose children have all left their home for glory and fame. Occasionally, Khussan will pay a visit to his dear mother after some months of consistent pillaging and raiding. He's the only one to ever return, the rest had disappeared into the world without a chance to say goodbye. Whenever he does return home, the place seems to become more and more barren. Lords have gone through his home numerous times. Taking with them young men that would otherwise populate the amber fields surrounding Tulbuk. Instead, only the old and the elderly linger, the housewives and the newborns as well. It's a somewhat melancholy sight, which is why Khussan seldom visits twice every year. It's a far contrast to what life once was; a dark, hallow shell compared to the days of his youth.

Khussan is tall and bearded with dark hair. He's covered in furs and rides a proud steppe horse. A bow is slung across his shoulders, his quiver resting at his waist full of arrows sharpened to a fine deadly point. His saber is made of Khergit steel, mined from the hill's countryside. Khussan values friendship and loyalty above all else. He cares not for the nobility and finds all men equal. Some might think Khussan as a bloodthirsty, money pinching mercenary, yet behind his hardened gaze is a man of honor and of his word. He sticks to his promises and will never renege on an oath. In battle, Khussan leads his Calvary into the heart of the enemy, raining a wave of steel upon them. For those to cross blades with Khussan, he is sure to bring a swift end to them or die trying.

I'll be sure to post a picture of this sexy motherf*****  :wink:

Baudouin hails from Veluca, and he was a lesser nobleman of Rhodok. For his legendary battle skills -which he used against Sarranid Sultanete- he has been made Count by the King himself, and given the village Ruldi as a fief.

He has long brown hair and light beards, wears surcoat over mail and a helmet with neckguard. He wields a long arming sword and a heater shield in battle.

Italy on this half of the XIII century is a land without law: the Pope, the Emperor, the Guelf and the Ghibellines parties, and the various little kingdoms warring each against the other, for not talking of the bands of brigands and the various heretics that confuse people.

My name is Ambrogio da Milano, I have medium height, good and strong body, Northern appearance, and short blonde hair, maybe because Northern Italy was invaded from barbarians centuries ago-well, I don't have any Roman trait, for sure . My father was a merchant, and my story is ininfluential, but I know the Code and how use weapons, I was tutored from an imperial knight, and become squire: now it's time to become a real knight, and with courage and with God help I will make a name for myself and maybe  I will be remembered as a true hero.

I come from a family of real heroes: the founder seem was a Roman-British warrior, more or less at the times of St.Beda,(1) then, in 1184, another of my family was in Outremer battling infidels,(2) and in 1200 my grand-grandfather fight in Spain against the Moor.(3)

At the age of 49 I have taken a caravan that go to an Eastern grand Duchy more or less like Rus' Kingdom, in a region called Calradia: the caravan finally arrived, and here's I am, in the Year of Grace 1257 with a rusty sword, a good old crossbow and a swaypacked horse, to start my new life far from old Europe.
Well, usually we Italians have a name as mercenaries, then I think that with a bit of luck I will gain a place as soldier in some army, and after some time may have also a my own lance, and a contract from a king.
But this is the future.  Now I have to rest and cure my wounds, because when I came, an idiot has attempted to assault me thinking I was an easy prey, but now his body lie in a pool of blood into an alley, and I'm live and safe with all my money and backpack intact.
This will show to this people to think 3 times before attack me.

(1-Brytenwalda)
(2-Sands of Faith)
(3-Hispania 1200)

Back
Top Bottom