Custom Settlements OSP Add-On 1.20

Should I add more items? If so, what direction?

• Yes, but keep it realistic.

Votes: 344 72.9%
  • Yes, anything. More the merrier, even if it's unrealistic.

Votes: 114 24.2%
  • No, keep it small.

Votes: 14 3.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

AvaRice

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Custom Settlements OSP Add-On 1.20

v1.20 Download link: https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=9&id=1180
Has caused bugs for some users. Would recommend v1.11 for now.

v1.11 Download link: https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=9&id=1340
Stable version compatible with Custom Settlements v0.67 and earlier.

Description:
- Adds ~200 OSP (open source project) items including armors, swords, cloaks, maces, horses and polearms to the Custom Settlements mod created by wickedshot.
- This is an add-on and requires the original Custom Settlements mod as base. See http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,59096.0.html for more details.
- Not save game compatible, so you will have to start a new game to use these items.
- Some items are not available in merchandise, and must be added manually through troop or item editing.

Version History:

5/02/09- v1.20
- Added several OSP horses from the OSP Horse Pack
- Added various polearms and blunt weapons from the OSP Weapon Pack
- Added wearable sacks, baskets, and buckets (note that these items aren't included in merchandise and can only be added through the troop editor)
- Added several duel weapons, two of which are available through merchandise. Positioning may be a bit off.

3/20/09- v1.1
- Added woad skins from OSP Woad Skins 1.0
- Added ~20 more armors from OSP Armor Pack
- Tweaked item values, names

3/15/09- v1.0
- Added ~140 OSP items including armors, swords, maces, polearms, and cloaks

OSP Credits go to (hopefully I got all of them):

maw, Dain Ironfoot , Luigi, Njiekovic, Ursca, Ubberdorc, Mirathei, Raz, The Pope, TRC, Dindi, RR_Raptor65, DaBlade, Burrek, Lord Condormanius, Ornumentum mod builders, Stainless Steel 6.0 mod builders, Kolba, Comissar

And the screenshots (action figures sold separately  :wink:):

mb11.png

mb9z.png

mb13.png

mb2p.png

mb4e.png

Bucket shield  :smile:.

Pehu Wizzard said:
Oh no, I want the action figures now!!!
Great job, AvaRice, I'll now have to work twice as hard to choose the gear for my next hero.
For the moment we can't use them for heroes except through text file editing.  Looking into getting it into the module system (which is where I add heroes).

But its awesome for the player, so many new armors heh.

Pehu Wizzard said:
Yeah, we can always edit using the Troop Editor.
Ya, its doable.  Just planning to look into module system version so its in the source code.  Otherwise everytime I compiled I'd have to readd everything involving OSP.  For now its awesome tho, such a nice new selection of items for the player.

hey very nice, especially for the people doing custom troops!

on this note, since scene building is such a big thing for CS, have you thought about adding the improved buildings? It's not an OSP pack but I think the author has released them for general use in other mods

They look so... flashy that I don't know what to think about it  :s

Will probably try it out once the new version comes out anyway.

Good work, AvaRice!

Chammadai said:
They look so... flashy that I don't know what to think about it  :s

Will probably try it out once the new version comes out anyway.

Good work, AvaRice!

Yeah i agree :smile:

So is this mod going to be updated with Wickeds?

There's no need to update it to get it to work with new versions.  I never change the items files, so this should be compatible forever.

wickedshot said:
There's no need to update it to get it to work with new versions.  I never change the items files, so this should be compatible forever.

so you will now add the items in to .653? is sorta now .66?

Wu-long said:
wickedshot said:

so you will now add the items in to .653? is sorta now .66?
anyone can add the items to any version simply by downloading it and following the instructions AvaRice has laid out.

i won't be adding it specifically to 0.66 as that would needlessly increase the download size.  for any version, simply install the OSP addon after youve downloaded and setup the newer version

dang ! lol I already did those for my own lil custom mod of custom settlement. I could have e-mailed you my items file folder. Btw just by curosity were you able to properly rigg the SSM plates ?

MartinF said:
hey very nice, especially for the people doing custom troops!

on this note, since scene building is such a big thing for CS, have you thought about adding the improved buildings? It's not an OSP pack but I think the author has released them for general use in other mods

I suppose I could. To be honest scene making gives me motion sickness so I try to stay away from that stuff, but since this is just inputting more files that shouldn't be a problem  :smile:. Only thing is I don't know how the scene makers would feel about possibly rebuilding their towns.

Llor said:
dang ! lol I already did those for my own lil custom mod of custom settlement. I could have e-mailed you my items file folder. Btw just by curosity were you able to properly rigg the SSM plates ?

I didn't add in all of the SSM plates, but the ones that I did seemed to work fine without any rigging?

Thank you for doing this.  I have found a few of the clothes have minor glitches in them due to texture or the model itself.  Look at the light brown tunic you will see red spots on it as well look at its left shoulder and you see he has a hump on the model.

We won't have to rebuild the whole towns, will we? They will just look a tad differetently (i.e. better) than currently once improved buildings are included, or am I getting it wrong and everything will have to be changed or it just won't work? Rebuilding a town could take some time...

Hi there, I was just wondering if it would be possible to add the Woad skins from OSP Woad Skins 1.0 by Kolba to this pack? Encase I or anyone else  wants to add Celts as a custom troops....

AvaRice said:
- Item names are fairly generic (I don't know my weapon/armor terminology), and item values will be tweaked later, but they should be functional.

Hehe, this Claymore that cuts for 46 piercing damage is very functional indeed. Loving all the new items, but I'll admit it'll be a little saddening when all the stats get fixed after I've gotten used to this.

Chammadai said:
We won't have to rebuild the whole towns, will we? They will just look a tad differetently (i.e. better) than currently once improved buildings are included, or am I getting it wrong and everything will have to be changed or it just won't work? Rebuilding a town could take some time...

I doubt that you will have to rebuild any towns, even if improved buildings are added. I think that all it does is replace the current buildings, but leaves the shape and function all the same. I'll check it out to make sure, but I'll probably leave this one out for now.

Datver said:
Hi there, I was just wondering if it would be possible to add the Woad skins from OSP Woad Skins 1.0 by Kolba to this pack? Encase I or anyone else  wants to add Celts as a custom troops....

I'll look into it.

Selicate said:
AvaRice said:
- Item names are fairly generic (I don't know my weapon/armor terminology), and item values will be tweaked later, but they should be functional.

Hehe, this Claymore that cuts for 46 piercing damage is very functional indeed. Loving all the new items, but I'll admit it'll be a little saddening when all the stats get fixed after I've gotten used to this.

Don't know how that happened since the other claymore has cutting damage. Unfortunately, I've fixed it  :smile:.

They look nice, however I was looking for darker weapons.... I want something that looks a bit evil, and somethings to make it look like it "adsorb a thousands of souls" if you know what I ment. Can you make these type of weapons for us who want to wield such dark weapons?

about the improved buidings, I was rather thinking they should be added as extra, not replace the current ones necessarily. Since people spent a lot of time and effort making their settlements look the way they wanted to, to just globally change that seems wrong to me.

However since they are still so many scenes to be built and since scene building is such an integral part of this mod I thought it would be a good idea to add as many different new props as are freely available from other mods to make a greater variety of town types for people to play around with. You might have to look and ask around a little bit but I'm sure that many people would be more than happy to contribute their models to CS and there are older mods which are now basically open source.

Back
Top Bottom