[RoR]: Original Thread [Includes Alpha/Beta Download]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask Dain.

To be honest I think that the latest version of your British uniforms look better than the previous ones, also the French one is rather nice. Good luck on the mod and keep up the good work!

EDIT: Also I think the Austrians wore white or yellow uniforms, I might be wrong.

EDIT X2: I noticed you are using Matchlock muskets for the Infantry of the line. Is this intended then?

EDIT X3: You could try to make a hand grenade model and give it the rock throw animation and high damage.... Not sure about AOE. (Area of Effect)

Well the historical Austrian Uniforms actually looked like this
austrianish.jpg

Well actually no, it's not embarrassing enough. But I'm working on better muskets.

How fun is hand grenades that doesn't explode?

In the future I'll be getting ÁOE in the later series

Yep I am working on the trousers colors maching with the shirt colors. And for the Austrian Uniforms they are to similar to the french.

damnit, when I started the game I just saw a big problem, both of the french and the British uniforms was all fuzzy, and all excerpt. The picture was completely fine, but something strange happend?

well yes, it's a new material. but it's on the same placings as the old ones. And the UV mapping shoulnd't move right? And I'd used the same shaders

The uv mapping is terrible on those models, I will go back and fix at that point..

what exactly do you mean by fuzziness? Got a screenshot.

Maybe use Bavarian-style uniforms for the Austrians. traditionally white coats, sky-blue breeches and smallish bearskin hats.
Or else, use different headgear to differentiate Austrian (crested helmets like later French dragoons) from French (tricorns).  And maybe, either Fr or Austrian, use natural-leather coloured crossbelts? 

Swadii. Please. If you don't understand the problem, do not give advise. Cause in the BRFeditor there are fine, but in the game they look like a pile of mud.

nah, the level of detail in-game... it's a silly thing, character detail, shadows and so on... I don't think it would be the problem, but for being sure you put it at 100%

As far as a I know M&B  has nothing that'll automatically compress a texture for a LOD model (though that'd be good!) and only the texture quality slider outside the game can set that.. so it's an odd one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom