The offical Firearms rights fourm. Yes or no?

Should citizens have the right to bear arms?

• Yes

Votes: 113 54.1%
  • No

Votes: 96 45.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
Massive rant about long-bows.

But long bows tend not to be easily concealed, like hand guns or knives. And they're terrible for drive-bys since you have to account for velocity and wind speed -- bullets are affected by wind a lot less than are long bits of wood with feathers attached.

Yoshiboy said:
No one has anything to say about my graph?

It's ****ing huge. Are you compensating or something?

Pharaoh Llandy said:
Massive rant about long-bows.

But long bows tend not to be easily concealed, like hand guns or knives. And they're terrible for drive-bys since you have to account for velocity and wind speed -- bullets are affected by wind a lot less than are long bits of wood with feathers attached.

Yoshiboy said:
No one has anything to say about my graph?

It's ****ing huge. Are you compensating or something?

We wen't over that, Llandy  :roll:

Besides, it twas a joke. A bad one, but a joke all the same.
Catch up on the times.

Leprechaun said:
I'll concede the last point, though, but I still think that the reason there are so many more unregistered weapons being used is the cavalier attitude towards guns in general that is engendered by the ready availability of them legally.

Probably true, but I still like my my guns :oops:

I would never want to give them up. As someone who has had to use a gun for defense, it does add a bit of safety to my home.

Most people here dont seem to understand that guns can be used for other things then killing people.
I like guns, and I like shooting with them... Does that make me a weird psycho killer or something?
Its a hobby.... not a crime.

janlulhannes said:
Most people here dont seem to understand that guns can be used for other things then killing people.
I like guns, and I like shooting with them... Does that make me a weird psycho killer or something?
Don't recall anyone saying that owning a gun makes you a killer - in fact, I distinctly remembering already assuring someone else that I didn't mean that. I'm pretty big on target shooting myself, I think it's a lot of fun. But even though I do said target shooting with weapons most commonly found in the hands of the United Kingdom's military (SA80, GPMG, LSW etc), I'd still not advocate making ownership of such weapons even slightly possible for anyone other than the military, and I'd have wibbly wobbly knees at the thought of putting easily concealed handguns out there on the market. I really do think that there's no good reason to own a gun other than for hunting and recreation, and then it should be weaponry appropriate for the purpose.

Leprechaun said:
janlulhannes said:
Don't recall anyone saying that owning a gun makes you a killer - in fact, I distinctly remembering already assuring someone else that I didn't mean that. I'm pretty big on target shooting myself, I think it's a lot of fun. But even though I do said target shooting with weapons most commonly found in the hands of the United Kingdom's military (SA80, GPMG, LSW etc), I'd still not advocate making ownership of such weapons even slightly possible for anyone other than the military, and I'd have wibbly wobbly knees at the thought of putting easily concealed handguns out there on the market. I really do think that there's no good reason to own a gun other than for hunting and recreation, and then it should be weaponry appropriate for the purpose.
I didnt mean you with that, Its just.. the same people who vote no on legalising cannabis.. vote no on legalising firearms... go whine 3pages long because of a dead bird.. you get my point I hope?

Hehe, well as I vote no on both of them and am a veggie, I reckon you've just shot yaself in the foot :razz:

I know what you mean, though, don't worry.

No offence taken :razz:

Besides, it twas a joke. A bad one, but a joke all the same.
What joke?

@Buxton: It's a funny stance to have, isn't it? I love guns, but they sadly don't have much of a purpose other than killing :razz:

FrisianDude said:
What the hell is alt gr?
The key on your keyboard that says Alt Gr on it :razz: It does handy functions; I have made my own keyboard layout that has funky letters like Æ, Ð and Ŵ tied onto different Alt Gr combinations.

Damn right they can be beautiful.. I've got a book about err.. rifles somewhere and it's got quite a lot of awesome pictures. Some of the pictures there are double-barelled rifles and even a triple barelled one with beautiful engravings. Damn.. now I've got to find that book.

Cymro said:
The key on your keyboard that says Alt Gr on it :razz: It does handy functions; I have made my own keyboard layout that has funky letters like Æ, Ð and Ŵ tied onto different Alt Gr combinations.

And where would that be?
Amongst the ctrl-windows-alt-spacebar-alt-windows-someoddmenubuttonIhadneverevennoticed-ctrl row at the bottom?  :smile:

janlulhannes said:
The key to the right of the spacebar if you dont have "alt gr" writtin on it :razz:

See, that's better. Alt gr+ e still opens up a menu instead of giving an accent, but hey. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom