OSP Code QoL Companions Overview

Users who are viewing this thread

Jedediah Q

Regular
Get rid of the daunting process of collecting info from your companions. This is a one-click-stop operation.

Some features:

- An easy to read GUI (improved in version 1.3)
- Fast mouse-over action. No hazzle with clicks.
- To get to Extended view just click one of the companion names.
- hotkey buttons. (Click the white ?-mark in extended-view for help.)
- Supports up to 20 companions at once. Any npc's added will automatically join the list.
- Resides in both Reports menu and the market menu (in town).
- Instant redirect to current shop (if you're in one)
- Ability to set start-page. Quick or Extended View.

Not included:
- Direct link to skills upgrade, trade or talk with the person.

-Extended View-

-Quick View-

Changes since 1.0
1.3 Features

- New: Browse thru all heroes in extended view. Mimics native character screen.
- New: Ability to choose startup-page (Quick- or Extended view) with hotkey. See below.
- New: Hotkey buttons (Click the white ?-mark in extended view for help)

1.2 Features

- Improved: Morale calculation is now done at startup (instead of on-the-fly) and saved to array.

- Improved: GUI for readability.

- New: Extended View (when click selecting troop) showing EVERYTHING; All skills, equipment and
personality clashes.

- Automatically shows previously/last checked hero at start-up.
(Defaults back to first troop in list if this is the first visit.)

- HOTKEYS: Right-Mouse-Btn or Escape to exit to menu without screwing up the 'mouse-overed selection'.
(Tip: Useful for 'Last Checked-function' above.)

1.1 Features

- Renamed 'Equipment' to 'Armor' for continuity/readability

- Added button 'Back to shop'. Takes you straight back to the store without going thru market menu.
(only visible if any of current town's shops have been visited prior to C.O.).
  HOTKEY: BackSpace

Latest Last downloadable version is:

Companions Overview Mod 1.3 Source Files
https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=4&id=1131

Due to real life stuff, this is from now on an open/abandoned project. There's loads of room for improvements/optimizations. Tweak away! Tip: the morale in extended view is ready to be colour coded...

Looks sweet but missing a lot of skills. Agility? Power Strike? Athletics?
My vote is on centered. Looks much better.

MountainBlade said:
Looks sweet but missing a lot of skills. Agility? Power Strike? Athletics?
My vote is on centered. Looks much better.

description at the mbrepository:
"...overview on your companion's essential stats."  :wink:

1.0 is ready for download. Hope you like it, but bear in mind it's a wip.
I got loads of unfinished ideas. Just.need.more.time.

Companions Overview Mod 1.0
https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=8&id=1135

Companions Overview 1.0  - Source Files
https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=4&id=1131

...Oooh, I almost forgot. Centered it is.

*EDIT* All changes from now on, will be updated in the first post.

Great idea. Don't like the lack of some stats though, maybe someone could add another screen with the rest? It would be good to read the party skills somewhere easier than the cluttered Party screen for example.

How do you install this feature with other mods? It is compatible with other mod? If so what files must I copy to place in the mod?
Sry for my English. I am a noob in this kind of things and I don't want to mess up my Modified Improved Native...

:grin:

Seems nice but which files we need to copy over native directory? just resource file and ini editing is enough to install? i got a modified native directory and cant copy every file, Please tell us which files are yours...

Edit: I found the answer of my question, i didnt check carefully i guess, thanks for the mod...

Looks good. I know a couple of us would like it to support an unlimited number of companions with a Last Page/Next Page feature.

mfberg

I've added a configuration page so you can set what skills you want to show:
co1.jpg

co2q.jpg

The config page is in the reports menu. I wanted to make it show from the overview menu, but calling a presentation from a presentation doesn't work. I've also imitated the selection style instead of using toggle buttons like the "display damage/casualties/reticule..." ones in the menu. It looks meh but I don't know how to make a toggle button start pressed.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=704e2d9a3cab43c47432d3c9683f450ae04e75f6e8ebb871

I still couldn't find an answer to my question.... Please anyone help me... I really want to implement this feature to my mod. 

Thanks Hokie :smile:

Heroic, it's explained in the text file:
ALL code relating to CO is commented with 'JEDEDIAH Q START' and ends with 'JEDEDIAH Q END' for easy find.
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

To integrate this with your own mod just copy and paste everything between those comments and you're gold.

-Paste the below in Module.ini:

load_mod_resource = Companions_Overview_mesh

-And don't forget to copy/paste the .brf and .dds files

MountainBlade said:
Thanks Hokie :smile:

Heroic, it's explained in the text file:
ALL code relating to CO is commented with 'JEDEDIAH Q START' and ends with 'JEDEDIAH Q END' for easy find.
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

To integrate this with your own mod just copy and paste everything between those comments and you're gold.

-Paste the below in Module.ini:

load_mod_resource = Companions_Overview_mesh

-And don't forget to copy/paste the .brf and .dds files

-_-! Sorry, I didn't read the text file.... and thank you :grin:

Edit: I follow all the instructions stated there but I can't find a way to open the CO menu in the report menu?....

HeroicZ, try and post what you've done and maybe we can work it out. You probably know this but the menu option is always visible but won't start up if there are no heroes in your party.

MountainBlade, very nice indeed. I'm gonna add a config option and give you the inspirational credit.  :cool:
BTW, you can start a presentation from inside another. Just keep the vars global.

Currently fixing and adding:
- Click selection now takes you to a full sheet with everything you need to know, including personality clashes, ALL skills, equipment modifiers, full body mesh view.

Already done:

1.2 Changes

- Automatically shows previously/last checked hero at start-up. Defaults back to first troop in list if this is the first visit or if troop left the party.

1.1 Changes

- Renamed 'Equipment' to 'Armor' for continuity/readability

- "Cutting down the middle man". Added button 'Back to shop'. Takes you straight back to recent store - as it was meant to be from the beginning.
(only visible if any of current town's shops have been visited prior to C.O.).
  HOTKEY: BackSpace

Back
Top Bottom