[V4.1] Sword of Damocles - Invasion 4.1

Users who are viewing this thread

They are incompatibile because of how module system works. Any new script, new menu, any change to troop etc will be save game incompatibile.

The only safe changes are changes to dialogues and items (and even that is not always true).

But unless You are betatester I would wait for the next version and continue playing game You already started unless You are very early in the game.

Kostimus said:
I am playing V4 and waiting for V5.
I don't recommend not playing untill V5. Developement will take a while. Gameplay features, new map, and most important Storyline...

What i am saying is to wait few days untill V4.1 is finished. Although help in betatesting would be nice.

I started as Zerrikannians. Everything till now runs fine except one thing I noticed so far: the relationship with majority of cities/villages is at negative, with only few set at neutral (0), is it intended?
Is it related to the faith that I chose (the one), for I read my faith is swear words, hated there, etc.
  ex: at day 9 - Dihim relation -10
      at day 15 - Dihim relation -15
      and I didn' do anything with Dihim yet, nor have I installed any kingdom

PS: can you add the counter of gameday in the report page, it would be quite handy instead to quit and reload to check the day count, thanks

Shjn said:
I started as Zerrikannians. Everything till now runs fine except one thing I noticed so far: the relationship with majority of cities/villages is at negative, with only few set at neutral (0), is it intended?
There is a random initial relationship with the character (+/- 20, I believe).  However, over time that tends towards the negative due to mismatching religion (unless you have that fief, and build a shrine/temple/etc.  They won't go below -20 due to this however.
However, if this feels un-fun, let me know and I'm open to changing that.  I can see every place starting with a neutral stance, as it does in Native, and only your overt actions have an impact.
PS: can you add the counter of gameday in the report page, it would be quite handy instead to quit and reload to check the day count, thanks
Sure.  You mean the main report page - first primary page?  Thats very doable.

So my guess on the faith factor was correct then, personally it does not bother me at all, and even more realistic in a sense. Look at the Christianism in the beginning, same story, isn't it.

Yes, please add the counter at the main report page

Shjn said:
So my guess on the faith factor was correct then, personally it does not bother me at all, and even more realistic in a sense. Look at the Christianism in the beginning, same story, isn't it.

Yes, please add the counter at the main report page
It does seem more realistic, kind of like in Total War when you take a new city everybody hates you at first.

And I definiantly think SoD variant Auxilarii v0.1 should be included, I am pretty bored from fighting the same units over and over again.

And I suggest giving other lords more units, maybe more like 150 for lords and 200 for centurions, but then more for your lords too.

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT:
There should be a limit on faith troops and nobles. Either for faith troops have it limited by faith OR by the number of temples or the number of temples and monestaries and shrines. And for nobles it should be limited by the number knight chapters. OR you could have everything limited by the number of castles, villages, and towns your empire has.

Being able to have unlimited Faith troops and nobles makes the game a lot easier.

Wow this is awesome, the only thing is the jester only giving 5 troops at a time, I'm trying to modify my troops and it makes it tedious to test like that, but the quick start is an awesome idea.

Also, I noticed a couple of typos, Villianese Regular Ifantry, and at the start, Tournamens and Duels.

NinjaCat said:
Wow this is awesome, the only thing is the jester only giving 5 troops at a time, I'm trying to modify my troops and it makes it tedious to test like that, but the quick start is an awesome idea.

Also, I noticed a couple of typos, Villianese Regular Ifantry, and at the start, Tournamens and Duels.
I corrected the typos - thanks for reporting them.  I haven't touched the Jester code ever... one of these days I'll take a look into it, but its not high on my priorities (someone else is welcome to take that one!)

Ya, Adenians are still starting with 5 Marinian Infantry.

Also, I noticed that my Adenian Knights sometimes spawn with axes that they can't use on horseback, and so we still have boxing cavalry.

Aside from that, though, I haven't had any other issues so far.

Mordachai said:
Fixed Adenian starting party
Fixed the Knights having an unusable axe
You could just use the modified troop.txt with all of the fixes.

ALSO:
You should defiantly increase the speed time goes by on the map and when waiting, and if you can make it changeable in the camp menu.

jasonxfri13th said:
You could just use the modified troop.txt with all of the fixes.
Unfortunately, that file is... compiled.  You can't easily modify it in more sophisticated ways... which you can do with the original module files.  So its important to put the fixes in the source - the module file, and then you don't have to be limited as to how you add or change troops.  Source files are just much much more flexible.  [I know that the troop editor is pretty great - but it still falls short of the original source files].

Forgive me if I missed it, but this patch hasn't addressed a severe and far-reaching balance issue: the speed at which AI lords can build up parties of high-level troops. Somebody made a post about speeding up the slow, creeping rate at which they upgrade troops, and whatever controls that really needs to be tweaked to a more balanced level. All I ever see from Swadian lords are Skirmishers and Crossbowmen and a handful of Footmen and Men at Arms; nobody has been fielding Knights in quantity since all the starting parties got whittled down, and even King Harlaus only has about 10 Men at Arms and nought of Knights, nary a knave to be found, tra la. This is on Day 60, and it's not like the nation is completely crippled or getting slaughtered left and right.

On a related note, AI lords going out recruiting are just absurd. They'll all go to one particular remote town, like Yaragar or Kulum, and ride all the way from Inner Swadia to the ocean just to get 1 Nord Recruit from the flax fields! This is a Native stupidity, but if it's fixable it'd help keep things sane. They might need to be able to get more than one recruit at the time too, the poor buggers. Two days' ride for one swine farmer! :lol:

Also, the Native Voulge wielded by mounted Caravan Guards outclasses most two-handers, including the reworked Battle Axe and others with higher strength req's. The new Raider Axe also gives up 30 length and damage to the lower-price Native Fighting Axe. (Still looks cooler though.)

Sib - I'll see what I can do.  I don't understand the AI reinforcement code particularly well at this point, so what can and can't be done easily is currently unknown to me.

Mordachai said:
Sib - I'll see what I can do.  I don't understand the AI reinforcement code particularly well at this point, so what can and can't be done easily is currently unknown to me.
It can be easily done. I was looking at it already.

Mordachai said:
  • When you start a new game, you start with homeland faction appropriate gear
You might want to remove the strength requirements from these armors. When I started a new Villian character I was barefoot & helmetless. Apparently I can handle the 27.0 weight (WOW, might want to check those faction armor weights, they are all the same for Villianese) chainmail surcoat with 7req, but the 3.5 & 2.5 weight boots/coif were too much for me with 9req.

Mordachai said:
  • Leadership is 10% troop cost reduction (instead of 5%)
Wait, so with 10 leadership I won't pay a single piece of gold for my troops?

Grey_Ghost said:
Mordachai said:
  • When you start a new game, you start with homeland faction appropriate gear
You might want to remove the strength requirements from these armors. When I started a new Villian character I was barefoot & helmetless. Apparently I can handle the 27.0 weight (WOW, might want to check those faction armor weights, they are all the same for Villianese) chainmail surcoat with 7req, but the 3.5 & 2.5 weight boots/coif were too much for me with 9req.
Requirements will not be removed, simple robe, shoes and horse will be added however to prevent starting as naked, barefoot footman hero.

Back
Top Bottom