Roadmap?

Users who are viewing this thread

deserter

Recruit
Has any kind of roadmap been defined?

I'm interested to know if you have vague goals that you are planning to achieve and then announce the mod finished, or are you going to be implementing new features version after version?

What's in the future of CoT?

deserter said:
Has any kind of roadmap been defined?

I'm interested to know if you have vague goals that you are planning to achieve and then announce the mod finished, or are you going to be implementing new features version after version?

What's in the future of CoT?

Right now the whole team is preparing to make some sort of small release in the near future, next two weeks or so.  This will include the new faction abilities, a new after battle camera, new models, some new scenes, possibly new custom battles, and some other bugfixes. 

The future?  Hard to say.  This is a voluntary mod with a lot of cooperation and teamwork keeping it alive.  Right now most of the team is pretty tied up with real life and other interests.  I know I personally have had mod burnout lately.  I do have a complete list of features I'd love to add if time was not an issue (say, if I won the lottery), but I don't know how many will get in to the game. 

The next release should be pretty interesting with the changes we've all made.  Stay tuned for some screenshots and more info.

Aye, the mod isn't close to dying at all, so have little fear. As well, with the new expansion pack coming out, hopefully we'll have a lot of new, fun features to work with. Thanks for the interest :wink:.

Kardiophylax said:
I do have a complete list of features I'd love to add if time was not an issue (say, if I won the lottery), but I don't know how many will get in to the game.

And how large percentage of those features are done?

I completely understand that it's hard to say anything definite about the future, with this development model. Much the same as with most open source projects.

All in all I'm impressed with what you have done so far - keep it up. :smile:

For version 3? Almost all. However, implementing quests is simply a ton of hard, grinding work and testing that no skill level can avoid. Faction quests for every faction will be a long time coming, probably.

Back
Top Bottom