A compilation of TEATRC lore, universe expansions & codices

Users who are viewing this thread

The title isn't: Report to Istvan Aleksei, Prince-Sovereign of the Grand Duchy on the Nirdamese.

It's more simple: Nirdam

Sorry 'bout teh misunderstandingz.

Sure thing. :grin:

Oh and heads up, I just want to clarify if anybody's working on a background for the Grand Duchy (which it is currently lacking). If nobody's doing it I'll be writing it meself.

The above statement is just my valiant attempt to be nice and not hog all the writing material, I'll be writing the background of the Grand Duchy myself anyways.  :twisted:

It's had enough. If you count the Nirdamese lore which links it to the Grand Duchy (same thing with the Karaites). If not, then you've had... two.  :neutral:

Venitius the two links of my `Symmachus` don´t work anymore. Here is a new link to the first of the two posts:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,54426.msg1829510.html#msg1829510

There might be other old links that are malfunctioning
ا

Repetitive Strain Injury, eh? Poor Venitius.. another victim of technology.
Who would have thought mice would attain the power to cause harm to their human masters?

Here, take this!
This report compiled by Reichsingenieur Ulrich von Liechtenstein, May 23, 1500.

On the use of Mechanical Aids for Combat and Engineering purposes in war.
The use of complex mechanical aids for combat and engineering purposes is increasingly common in this modern day. So far, the Laurian Kingdom has produced ever better warships which are more than capable of defeating our own navy in battle. It would be imperative to devise new methods for defeating their own warships other than direct combat. One such device could be a semi-submerged explosive device, triggered by contact or fuse to disable or sink enemy ships in combat. I would recommend, Mein Kaiser, that these are relegated to defensive roles, as to minimize the chances of our own ships running into them and sinking. They would be deposited at the entrances of harbors before imminent enemy attack to destroy and demoralize the enemy navy. They would consist of a barrel thinly sheeted with iron or steel, filled with gunpowder, and have multiple projections of tubes that are filled with separate glass containers of acid and tin shavings, respectively. When a ship strikes the projection, the acid and steel mix, creating great heat and detonating the device.
Next, I have devised a machine to aid in the construction of siegeworks. This machine is a collapsible siege ramp and also functions as a portable bridge, when fording a river must be done. There are two parts, connected by heavy hinges. Each half is by itself a bridge, and when it is extended, it can span a river over 20 feet wide. There is no limit to the depth, as the bridge is laid on the bank. As a siege ramp, it is flipped over and extended toward the battlements of a wall. It is a simple device, but one which may prove to be exceptionally useful.
I do hope that these such devices are pertinent to our own state of affairs, and see use in the future.
Respectfully, Reichsingenieur von Liechtenstein

Reichsingenieur,
Your work astounds me. I shall put them to use at once, for the safety of our harbors is a very important priority, due to the Laurian threat. Queen Imelda shall have a not-so-pleasant surprise the next time she decides to invade us by sea.
As to the portable bridges, they are most interesting, but I question their practicality. Is it not cheaper to  build ladders and ford rivers that to order these collapsible behemoths?
Kaiser Friedrich Wilhelm

Mein Kaiser,
The bridges and siege ramps are designed to be reusable. It may have some extra cost at first, but when they are in widespread use, they will outweigh the eventual cost of constantly building siegeworks and bridges.
As you know, our Cannoneers carry small, wide-bore weapons capable of firing shells over some distance which can inflict great destruction upon the enemy. However, they lack in one thing. Accuracy. Their cannon are not accurate over distances of over 50 yards. This may not seem too disturbing at first, but may I remind you of embarrassing incidents where our own troops were killed when the order was given to bombard enemy cavalry while our own was still intermixed with them? So, I propose an improvement on the cannon. Instead of a small, short bombard, I have devised a gun that I call the culverin. It is a longer weapon, requiring two hands to hold and aim, much like a caliver or musket, except the cannon is held under-arm, instead of shouldered. This culverin has a much longer barrel, resulting in increased accuracy and range, but fires a slightly smaller shell, also to increase range. This should not be much of a problem, as our current shells do more than enough damage, and the accuracy will help increase enemy casualties and decrease friendly fire incidents.
Reichsingenieur von Liechtenstein

wait, if lion throne's religion and swadias religion are different, whats swadia's religion?

Back
Top Bottom