Lords and Realms SIEGE LADDER PROJECT

Users who are viewing this thread

I agree with Nick about this, moving entry point 0 can save you a whole lot of work messing with those AI meshes ^^

NICK.ALTMAN said:
Wei.Xiadi said:
You totally butchered my name.  It's Wei Xiadi. xD

And as for the Khergits, i'm currently figuring out a bug I seem to have with scenes, I'm not sure if its normal (it wasnt for my mod) but the menu bar when you go into the edit mode in a siege is missing.  I can't see any menus so I can't add or toggle between the different settings.  It's really weird, I've tried it 3 times and everytime I get a blank screen, nothing I press is showing me the menu bar where i can add in new objects.

If Ougi wants to, he can do the Khergits, right now my mount n blade is being..awkward - i'm not sure whats caused it. :sad:

Sorry about the name. It's so strange. I am having troubles remembering it.

You have to make your game windowed then you will see you menu bar.  :grin:

2 days will do fine  :wink: I'll be done by then
Cheers!

NICK.ALTMAN said:
Hello. Are you any good in editing scenes? My only problem are the Khergits, Wei.Xiadi started on them but I have no feedback yet.

I started on Nords now. I need 2 days to finish them I guess. Werched and Sargoth done!  :grin:

Im not an expert but i know how to add ladders and edit ai meshes; i already make a try with a vaegir castle and i got no problem.

Wei.Xiadi said:
If Ougi wants to, he can do the Khergits, right now my mount n blade is being..awkward - i'm not sure whats caused it. :sad:

Ok, if you want we can divide the work so we are going to finish it in less time.

I can edit scenes, I just couldn't seem to remember how to get the menu working.  But yeah, it's all up and running, I've got a few of the castles done just north of the Vaegir border (i'm forgetful with castle names).  If you want to hit the Rhodok border then we'll meet up somewhere in the middle. :smile:

I'll get these done asap, I'll have half done by tomorrow if I get a few hours to spare.

Osugi said:
NICK.ALTMAN said:
Hello. Are you any good in editing scenes? My only problem are the Khergits, Wei.Xiadi started on them but I have no feedback yet.

I started on Nords now. I need 2 days to finish them I guess. Werched and Sargoth done!  :grin:

Im not an expert but i know how to add ladders and edit ai meshes; i already make a try with a vaegir castle and i got no problem.

Wei.Xiadi said:

Ok, if you want we can divide the work so we are going to finish it in less time.

OK Osugi you are doing Kherits. Conatct Wei.Xiadi and see how you will divide the job.

Read the instructions I made. They are my expirience and they help a lot. Work slow and with attention to details. Always test what you did in sieges. AI is very stupid so you have to make him use both ladders if you can. I found out that editing entry point no. 0 helps a lot in making them go your own way. I finished swadinas after milions of editing. The easy part is to put ladders and barriers. AI meshes are boring and they are the clue of using the new objects. AI counts the number of meshes and chooses the shortest way. So be careful.

And welcome abord. Thanks for the help.  :grin:

Wei.Xiadi said:
I can edit scenes, I just couldn't seem to remember how to get the menu working.  But yeah, it's all up and running, I've got a few of the castles done just north of the Vaegir border (i'm forgetful with castle names).  If you want to hit the Rhodok border then we'll meet up somewhere in the middle. :smile:

I'll get these done asap, I'll have half done by tomorrow if I get a few hours to spare.
So i will take:
Castle: Unuzdaq castle, Tulbuk castle, Uhhun castle.
Town: Narra, Halmar.

You:
Castle: Malayurg castle, Asugan castle, Sungetche castle.
Town: Tulga, Ichamur.

Its ok for you? oh and i don't remember if Distar castle is Rhodoks or Khergit.

Osugi said:
Wei.Xiadi said:

So i will take:
Castle: Unuzdaq castle, Tulbuk castle, Uhhun castle.
Town: Narra, Halmar.

You:
Castle: Malayurg castle, Asugan castle, Sungetche castle.
Town: Tulga, Ichamur.

Its ok for you? oh and i don't remember if Distar castle is Rhodoks or Khergit.

Distar castle should be Khergit, as I didn't edit it  :lol: (when you start a new game you'll see it originally belongs to the Khergits  :wink:

NICK.ALTMAN said:
Osugi said:
NICK.ALTMAN said:

Wei.Xiadi said:

OK Osugi you are doing Kherits. Conatct Wei.Xiadi and see how you will divide the job.

Read the instructions I made. They are my expirience and they help a lot. Work slow and with attention to details. Always test what you did in sieges. AI is very stupid so you have to make him use both ladders if you can. I found out that editing entry point no. 10 helps a lot in making them go your own way. I finished swadinas after milions of editing. The easy part is to put ladders and barriers. AI meshes are boring and they are the clue of using the new objects. AI counts the number of meshes and chooses the shortest way. So be careful.

And welcome abord. Thanks for the help.  :grin:

Uuhms... I think you ment entry point 0 Nick? That's the one your army spawns on when you're the attacker in a siege  :mrgreen:
As for my part of the editing; I'll be done by tomorrow with all the editing. I however want to go all over them again to see if all works fine and as it should. Probably be sending you the files tomorrow evening or if it takes to much time to test, you'll get them wednesday evening... (whole day doing real life important stuff...)

Cheers! :mrgreen:

I uploaded some more pictures. Everything is working fine. Swadians finished. Nords towns and 1 castle finished. The hardest part is to make AI use both or all 3 ladders (Siege towers). You have to test battles and help them choose both. Sometimes I added small 2m barriers to help the aim on some ladders. Well I need couple more days to finish all. I am not in any rush cause if we rush this its going to go bad. I have to do 6 more castles.

Rest of you guys? Xamim how are comming along? Did you test all in battle?

Osugi, you?

this might be a little steep, but how about making the option to choose how many ladders you'd like, up to 2 or 3... Each ladder takes an extra amount of time to prepare. Eg, you build one ladder, finish it and it gives you the option to build a second. If there's reinforcements coming, you can just go with one......

you'd probably have to make multiple scenes though, don't know if that's possible..

IndyMettle said:
this might be a little steep, but how about making the option to choose how many ladders you'd like, up to 2 or 3... Each ladder takes an extra amount of time to prepare. Eg, you build one ladder, finish it and it gives you the option to build a second. If there's reinforcements coming, you can just go with one......

you'd probably have to make multiple scenes though, don't know if that's possible..

You want free candy with that too? Don't spam the thread! AI is so hard to fix to do what you want and if you go with that option the whole thing could blow up in your face.

NICK.ALTMAN said:
IndyMettle said:

You want free candy with that too? Don't spam the threadf! AI is so hard to fix to do what you want and if you go with that option the whole thing could blow up in your face.

Indeed it is, please IndyMettle just wait until it's finished you'll like it enough to bear with the way we make it  :wink:

To Nick: I'm almost done as you may have seen on the first page of this thread, only 3 settlements left, 1 town and 2 castles, maybe I can do them tonight, maybe it'll be tomorrow. Haven't really much time on my hands today and tomorrow... but I'll see if I can get them done asap, so I can test them inside out  :mrgreen: Indeed the siege towers are a problem... they're the hardest for the AI to use both... I've let the AI go for 60% over the tower, and about 40% over the ladder, something around that percentage  :razz: Although in sieges with siegetowers, I couldn't really put the ladder next to the siege tower, that just didn't feel right. So in those sieges the ladders are bit farther away from entry point 10, infantry probably isn't going to defend the ladder, mostly archers... but hell infantry isn't gonna charge until the siege tower is in it's place, so 30% will already have catched enough arrows in thy face to stay permanently down. I think that's fair enough, 30% of your troops dead before your troops even start fighting, at least the player him/herself will be able to run up the ladder, kill some archers, than hide until your troops come in on 2 fronts  :mrgreen: I'm curious about how your sieges, with siege towers go Nick? Could you share your experience about those with me? On this board or PM whatever you think is ok  :wink:
Cheers! :mrgreen:

I placed the ladders next to siege towers. Not right away but preety close. Depends of the castle. I've been able to make them go with both by editing number of faces and entry point 0. I don't want them to be to far away cause then the wall will be undefended. Be carefull what you do. If the ladder is far away from siege tower put more archers there. Like move somme ent.po. 41,42,43,.. to defend that spot. Only one of my castles has ladders maybe little further awy and I HAVE LOTS OF ARCHER ENTRY POINTS THERE. So make sure you think on defense not only on the offense. If we make castles not defended than the whole thing looses point.

I just noticed you edit your first post with progress. Nice.  :grin:

Take a look at the SS I added. They will give you the idea how Iplaced the ladder with siege towers. There are 3 or 4 with ladders and siege towers. I will add more later.

I also just edited that in town sieges reinforcements (entry point 15) is downstairs not on the walls. So it seems like infantry is coming from the town somewhere. In some cities it was like that already some had reinforcements spawn on the wall which is kinda stupid. I didn't touch castles. Reinf. are left as their are. It would be good if everybody did like that. I have reinf. coming sometimes from the center of the courtyard sometimes from angles. So they rush down the street. Its pretty cool.  :grin:

NICK.ALTMAN said:
I also just edited that in town sieges reinforcements (entry point 15) is downstairs not on the walls. So it seems like infantry is coming from the town somewhere. In some cities it was like that already some had reinforcements spawn on the wall which is kinda stupid. I didn't touch castles. Reinf. are left as their are. It would be good if everybody did like that. I have reinf. coming sometimes from the center of the courtyard sometimes from angles. So they rush down the street. Its pretty cool.  :grin:

I'll check up on that when I'm testing, and correct were needed, same with siege tower sieges  :wink:

Edit: Maybe we can increase the length that the siege towers need to go? So that when archers are on a strategically good place, they make more casualties? Because it'll take longer for your men to charge (they're busy moving the siege tower) but I don't know if the siege tower spawn point can be moved...

Also do you use siege ramps? You add more of them in sieges? I only use siege ladders, because the ramps seem a bit unrealistic... nothing to hold on to etc... the ones already in the game I leave untouched however  :mrgreen:

Lets not make this harder. We will leave the time of siege towers as it is.

I almost only use ladders. Ramps only where they are. Maybe only in Dhirim there is a siege ramp. Take a look at the screenshots!

NICK.ALTMAN said:
I uploaded some more pictures. Everything is working fine. Swadians finished. Nords towns and 1 castle finished. The hardest part is to make AI use both or all 3 ladders (Siege towers). You have to test battles and help them choose both. Sometimes I added small 2m barriers to help the aim on some ladders. Well I need couple more days to finish all. I am not in any rush cause if we rush this its going to go bad. I have to do 6 more castles.

Rest of you guys? Xamim how are comming along? Did you test all in battle?

Osugi, you?
Unuzdaq castle and Halmar done and tested.
Tulbuk castle and Uhhun castle done but not tested yet.
Narra and Distar not done and not tested.
Im having some problems with Tulbuk and Uhhun(the siege tower is the main problem), in case of siege towers/ladder during siege we are going to give the priority to the tower? or we split the assault army in two(50% using ladder, 50% siege tower)?

Damn I spent my time today on Rivacheg, seems I moved the wheels of the siege tower unnoticed...
it now only has 1 pair wheels... out of 3... I'll copy the rivacheg of version 1.306 over it... and do that one anew ^^
so still 2 left

To Osugi: If I were I'd let the main part of your army use the siege tower, as it has a wider entrance  :wink:
like 60% on the siege tower , 40% ladder or 70%-30% something along those lines... that's what I did... don't know how Nick thinks about it though...

Cheers!  :mrgreen:

Xamim said:
Damn I spent my time today on Rivacheg, seems I moved the wheels of the siege tower unnoticed...
it now only has 1 pair wheels... out of 3... I'll copy the rivacheg of version 1.306 over it... and do that one anew ^^
so still 2 left

To Osugi: If I were I'd let the main part of your army use the siege tower, as it has a wider entrance  :wink:
like 60% on the siege tower , 40% ladder or 70%-30% something along those lines... that's what I did... don't know how Nick thinks about it though...

Cheers!  :mrgreen:

I agree. Like 65% on the tower rest on ladder, if you can make it. Since the tower is wider and the main assult gadget.

Be careful that you don't move other things by accident. Once I moved the hole wall and had to copy the original scene cause I couldn't get it back.

Siege tower request more editing. Try combing the number of faces with entry point 0. Play with it until you get it right. It seemed really hard at the begging but now I find much easier to make AI go the way I want.

Osugi and Xamim keep up the good work. I have to do 5 more castles.

Wei.Xiadi are you making any progress?  :shock:

Back
Top Bottom