Request and Suggest

Users who are viewing this thread

wickedshot

Sergeant Knight
Post any suggestions or requests in this thread.

Planned Features:

0.6 - raidable, conquerable, degradeable settlements
0.68 - hero professions, game start options
0.7 - dynamic objects, doors, ladder, and more
0.8 - upgradeable indoor areas and special areas
0.9 - spouses, children? more interaction with heroes, quests
1.0 - new overlandmap, polishing
1.x+ Adding content made by others and generally improving everything

Version 1.0+
-new world map
-placeable settlements (i.e. not camps at first, instead you can make a camp anywhere and then start building it up)
-Add Custom Troops by fisheye

Louis Dumonte said:
You should add some Open Source Project items to give your mod more variety and possibilities.
Thats one of the first things I'm hoping to incorporate into the mod after version 1.0.

Just a suggestion to the possible troop trees you can choose for your settlement.
Could you just add Bandits :?:
While I'm currently trying to design my own troops (based on Nord) I often get to using "reformed" bandits as my guards.

I was considering adding bandits but wasn't sure if it was worth bothering, but since I'm not the only one who thinks itd be fun I'll add it to next version.

The beginning of game is quite slow and a bit boring.  If you could implement a quickstart option to start each settlement as a village, town, or even castle that would be sweet.  After fighting bandits for more than 3 battles, you're ready to have some real combat (i.e. faction on faction).

Pehu Wizzard said:
That will be implemented on (or after) 1.0, as wicked has said some times on the main thread (there you go, wicked, another one for the FAQ, heh)
Rather than add it to the FAQ, I'll add things about "what will be" to the beginning of this thread under "Planned Features" as they come up.

Really hope that you could add an ETA on the head of this topic(when you have one of course), that'll  be a great relief :grin:

wyz17153 said:
Really hope that you could add an ETA on the head of this topic(when you have one of course), that'll  be a great relief :grin:
An ETA for what?  The date of a version or the version of a particular feature?

wyz17153 said:
Wooah, to make it simple your fans'll surely appreciate an ETA for the next update :cool:
Not sure.  Just finished reworking the settlement upgrade system.  Now settlements generate gold and resources like wood, stone, and food, and you need such to upgrade the settlement instead of population (now you need population indirectly, as population help you gain resources).  Got a bit more to do on that, then I'll work on raiding settlements (reworked the upgrade system to make more sense with raiding in mind) to take their resources what not.

wickedshot said:
Not sure.  Just finished reworking the settlement upgrade system.  Now settlements generate gold and resources like wood, stone, and food, and you need such to upgrade the settlement instead of population (now you need population indirectly, as population help you gain resources).  Got a bit more to do on that, then I'll work on raiding settlements (reworked the upgrade system to make more sense with raiding in mind) to take their resources what not.

Aside from that sounding completely and utterly mind-blowing, a trivial question: Will you be naming the next patch 0.64, or 0.70? :razz: Or somewhere in between?

Edit: How are you going to manage the resource information? Will it be through the town interface? And/or will there be a physical representation in game? I.e. For greater immersion, you can walk up to the town elder and he will tell you about the situation in the town?

Cool that idea rocks and you really made it come to life so soon wickedshot!
My winter vacation is running out and I've got only a few days left so just cant wait for that new update
An ETA not that precise might be what we wanted(say, dudes the next release wont be late than 2010 or sth :roll:), dont take it as some kind of pressure after all :grin:

What about the idea i posted in the now locked sub-category... i mean how about making some Minor Factions like: Merchants Guild, Rogue-like Guilds, Chivalry Orders...  :?:

Btw, Best of luck :grin: (which it dosn't seem you really need (possitively meant))

@Liquidninja:  Next version will be 0.64.  Won't be 0.7 until raiding is done and I start working on dynamic object placement.

@wyz17153:  In general I like to make a release anytime I've completed anything significant and stable.  For ETA's I prefer to hold on making guesses until all I've got left to do before its done is minor fixes and polishing, and currently I've got atleast 1 more significant thing to do (raiding process) which could take an indeterminate amount of time.  And I absolutely hate when someone says something is coming out soon and then delays it, so I don't want to do that myself heh.
The current version has the switch in the settlement upgrade system and several bug fixes.  It's generally an improvement over version 0.63 but not significant enough that I'd want to release given I don't think the raiding process will be too long (but I thought that before and ended up reworking the settlement upgrade system first because it made sense heh).

About managing resources:  Settlements are considered like banks/warehouses now.  In the "Manage Settlement" screen it tells you how much you need for certain upgrades and lists how much you currently have.  You can now deposit/withdraw gold from your settlement (depositing is a good plan to avoid losing lots of gold if you're captured).  Wood and food is gained based on your production rate and population, where as stone is gathered based on your prisoner population and production.  Each settlement also has a base rate of resource gain for each resource (currently all equal but different settlements could have this changed either to start or through ingame activities potentially).

I'm thinking I might make items for wood/stone and allow you to withdraw/deposit those along with food from your stores.  Also thinking I'll make it possible to create caravans of prisoners+resources to send to your other settlements, and that you'll get caravans of prisoners+resources when you raid/raze enemy settlements.  Another plan is to allow you to use up resources to make items if you've got the right workers.  And I'm going to add more professions like the crafters for hunters/lumberjacks/etc. that increase the rate you get resources.

Knight Erador said:
What about the idea i posted in the now locked sub-category... i mean how about making some Minor Factions like: Merchants Guild, Rogue-like Guilds, Chivalry Orders...  :?:

Btw, Best of luck :grin: (which it dosn't seem you really need (possitively meant))
The peasant faction is meant to be a merchant faction, the bandits are certain rogue-like heh, and adventurers are pretty chivalrous/mercenary.

I do plan to add more factions later, but currently I'm working on the framework of the mod.

With a chivalrious order i more likely thought of some knights companies running around enforcing the laws and helping the poor (have no idea how to implement) as well as also go against tyranizing lords and kings

Those are great plans for the next versions. I loved the idea of getting caravans of prisoners+resources when raiding, and the idea of putting your workers to craft items with resources is also very cool.

Can't wait for the next version.

An idea just came to mind, when you claim a settlement and all, you become a King/Queen, ,my idea, with having all that pwoer, and providing you have patrols, it would be cool, to send orders to your patrols to attack an enemy settlement.

Example
You talk to your Stewart, and you have 4 patrols.

Player -"I would like to send my patrols to seige/attack (*settlement name*)"
Stewart -"Yes my lord/lady, I will send work to your army to dispatch immediately"

And then your patrols then go and attack the enemy settlement just like enemy lords do in native, only by your command.

I was also thinking of a few different situations which this can cause, if your patrols lose, then maybe your popularity with your settlement lowers by 10 or something due to the loss of a battle. Or if your patrols win, then maybe you gain 10 popularity as well as 1,000 Gold as the plunder. If it is a sizable settlement you will still get 1,000 gold, but then your patrols get a fraction of the plunder, then raising your popularity even ,more. Or maybe you can ask specifically for ALL the plunder in these bigger settlements and gain Corruption. You know, like the mongols back in the days, when the Khan either took all the plunder for himself or was fair to his guys and shared it. Same type of situation here.

What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom