Outlaws respecting the laws?

Users who are viewing this thread

<deniz>

Why don't I ever see a Black Khergit party fighting against Dark Knights? After all they are outlaws and as long as they make money, it must be immaterial if the enemy is outlaw or not, they must be just walking denars for them! The same -obviously- holds for lower level enemies, too: if I were the leader of a bandit party, I would definitely attack poor river pirates :grin:

Or is there an unwritten agreement that the outlaws do obey??

they aren't what you'd call 'easy prey'. would you fight a dark knight or a farmer if you were given the choice?

If I were the bandit, I would wait for the khaegis to go and fight with some war party, then ambush the victor who would be weak and beaten up after the fight ::grin:

Wait... thats what I already do... lmao

Worbah said:
they aren't what you'd call 'easy prey'. would you fight a dark knight or a farmer if you were given the choice?

If I had enough number of Khergit Knights or Horsemen, I would definitely attack dark knights since what I care would be the booth rather than delight of war :smile: What can a Khergit fighter do with a rake? :smile:

Anyway, my point was not about Khergits or Dark Knights specifically. What I want is to have "bad guys" fighting against "bad guys". I don't mind if they are river pirates or Khergits. Is it weird to expect Khergits to attack mountain bandits? I think no...

<deniz> said:
Anyway, my point was not about Khergits or Dark Knights specifically. What I want is to have "bad guys" fighting against "bad guys". I don't mind if they are river pirates or Khergits. Is it weird to expect Khergits to attack mountain bandits? I think no...

Unless Armagan comes up with a solution to join a hostile vs hostile battle we would have less battles to join + less units on the map when they all are fighting against themselves :razz:

Acanthoid said:
Unless Armagan comes up with a solution to join a hostile vs hostile battle we would have less battles to join + less units on the map when they all are fighting against themselves :razz:

Just an analogy: When two groups of monkeys fighting against each other are approached by a group of lions the monkeys simply prefer to leave their own battle.

Similarly, consider the case you come across enemy units fighting. It is not tough to make one of the groups leave the battle (run away) or make both of them fight against you during the single battle. This is not violation of realistic scenarios, this make it more realistic.

Yeah actually I agree on that.. Countless number of times I would watch the enemy faction fighting against khergit, wait for the outcome, and then kill the victor, and sometimes capture their prisoners. Mainly due to the fact that I can't join a fight where my enemy is fighting my enemy... You know the saying, the enemy of my enemy is my friend... Perhaps you can be given a few other options? :
A) Do nothing
B) Help side A
C) Help side B
D) Kill them all

If you choose B or C, you would be able to kill the ones you helped at the end of the battle, or extort money from them.

Lastly, would it make sense to impliment a 'price' by which you can 'rob' caravans and such? I mean when you are stopped by bandits you can either pay or fight. Why not demand money from other parties and allow them to go free? (or kill them afterwards anyways) Especially if you outnumber and outstrength them by a great margin, most NPC's would rather live than become part of the 'vurtual memory dump'

Tree side battles would be cool too, imagine the chaos of three armies running around on a battle field beating the crap out of each other. :smile:

I would think that if of your enemies were fighting and you joined in, they would not group together and fight you (2 on 1 style). In the middle of a battle, if others were to jump in, then you'd fight whom ever was fighting.

Along these lines, does time progress when you fight in a battle? I sat and watch a battle of 6 on 10. And sat. And Sat, waiting for an outcome, but usually when I fight a battle (even a larger one) time doesn't seem to pass in the outside world...

a three way battle would be cool, but I think it would be awesome if when you entered a battle, you could see the 2 sides already engaged. It's kind of funny to watch a battle happening for several hours, jump in, and find that the 2 sides have to charge at each other... :???:

(not knocking the game, I personally love it! Just things I would change if possible :wink: )

3-way battles would be fun. And yes, one thing that's somewhat lacking is that there are too few groups that are hostile towards each other.

Sea raiders shouldn't have any allies really. They are invaders from the sea after all, right? So everything else should be hostile. Different kind of bandits may leave each other alone but everything else should be hostile towards them. Black knights...well, they are their own class - hostile towards everyone.

Swadian and vaegir units should of course naturally be enemies to bandits and any other outlaws. After all, they should try and keep order on their lands apart from hacking their enemies apart :p

Back
Top Bottom