[OBSOLETE] Version 0.2 Ready. (Updated 16-Feb-09)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lord Corentin said:
I thought midgets were supposed to be funny? Laugh at me, you silly nemesis!

Rawr, afk -

Did I make a mistake?  I loaded the new Mongol Beta 0.2 and imported my character from Mongol Delta. 

Instead of a serious Mongol graphic in my modules list, there's a polar bear who has apparently **** himself.  The load screen graphics are now native, rather than the new Mongol screens of Delta.The nice original Mongol Map from Delta with the great desert is gone, replaced by the native Calradia map with silly placenames (a town called Pedophilia!?!)  The equipment in the stores is standard native, rather than the Mongol oriented gear of Delta!

I am not sure what else is wrong, since I went right back to my Mongol Delta game.  Why is the Beta so much worse than the Delta?  It seems like a GIANT LEAP backwards!

Well, since Pali left the team, Wolf up there has been going over his coding, and turns out it's been quite messy and not built in the modules system. In short, we're starting over, more or less. So there'll be a lot less features in the short term, but nonetheless, the project is growing, and with my help, you'll be able to recognize fewer and fewer of your troops. Or at least their names. They'll still look like Rhodok tribesmen for a while yet. Heh heh...

'With my help, you'll recognise less and less names.'

That was epic!

Still, Thor...he is correct, Pali created the coding using editors which is just wrong.  So now our official Coder will be re building our lost features, the nice deserts and textures were all my creation - so they'll slowly be added to the Native.  As for the city names and 'silly' little bits and bobs.  Thats our coders sense of humour, since it isn't appreciated I'll personally have them removed and fixed.  We are a serious team, I think lonehwolf forgets that in his little fits of hcness. xD

Thanks for clearing it up!  I wish you guys all the best of luck with this mod.  I hope you can get things back on track.  Your Mongol mod offers the most intense combat in M&B!  Very fast paced and cinematic!  I love the sounds, too.  Funny, but even with all the cavalry, your mod runs faster than any other on my machine, too.  I'm sorry if I sounded like a jerk with my complaints.

Thats quite all right, I'm currently in the process of creating armours for everu Jin unit.  So when we are finished expect over what..100 armours, some will be new models, others just re-textured models.

There'll also be a high range of armours available that soldiers dont wear, just so people can look unique xD.

As for the mod as it is, I agree its a little bland, but the coding is the base to any mod, models and 'features' which make it 'speshul' always come afterwards.  With the new troop trees expect everyone to have infantry and cavalry, some tribes obviously have ltos more cavalry then others but, i'm doing it this way to add balance and variety. :smile:

So far I have 4 jin armours ready.  Now i have like, 20 more to do (weeps).

BUG

I automatically got to level 30 when I plated this release..I've seen this error before when Pali was using editors, was this intentional lonehwolf, cuz I never asked for it -rar- xD

Nobody noticed the bukkake castle? :sad:

Now that's what I call a bug.  And hey, beta ain't a true release.  I'll go over what's been explained myself.  I'm the coder, and so far, only coding has been released (not my or other member's fault, that's how things gotta work if we wanna make a good game later on):

-Pali used to be coder
-Pali gap never coded, instead he used the editor tools, an activity that even 8 year olds could engage in with a bit of practice.  In short he really didn't do much
-The module system he tried messing around with got corrupt.  Mass errors everywhere, he tried adding one faction to make them 6 and he ****ed up big time.
-He happily tore away at the team until he went away, one way or another.
-I took over, checked the files, they didn't do anything, and threw them away.

Coding wise:
The beta has more features.  Some of them ain't really noticeable until later on in the game, but they are there.  Delta's only feature if I can recall correctly was hunting.  A really out-of-the-way feature as though that was the only thing that could be squeezed in just to say "HEY! I coded something!".

The beta will consist of a formation manipulation feature, shield bashing, abilities which increase certain aspects of your character momentarily, more than 10 factions (atm 13 are in and working fine unless bugs have been reported and I was away wanking :<).

Ya, I tend to get cheeky at times, and put in some names that may not belong in there.  I don't want people to think all I'm doing is coding in a bunch of names, cause running through the code with a replace feature would have done that job.  That ain't coding, it's just typing in xxx instead of yyy in the same field.

So bear with the beta while it slowly blooms.  If you don't like testing and helping out, just stick with the delta.  Once the beta goes past those boring phases, version Gamma (coding wise, not sure what it will be named in actuality) will be released.  Beta was meant to be a very slow and boring process, but now I'll be working on stuffing a lot of **** into it at various intervals.  Whenever possible and the code allows it, I'll be inputting weapons and armors, building up the pre-existing armies up and making them look like knights in shining armor during the beta release.

If you have more questions, post them below.  If you have suggestions, open a new thread or something, if you have a bug, post it below as well and me or Wei will add it to the bug box (which is thankfully empty for now).

Yes it's still alive; I'm only waiting for the right moment to usurp the role as leader of the team. :twisted:

Eumolpus said:
Mertbey said:
Call the Shamans , the Team needs a new Khan
Like I said...
Eumolpus said:
Yes it's still alive; I'm only waiting for the right moment to usurp the role as leader of the team. :twisted:
... so can I take the role as 'khan'?

well how many people want to follow you, ore just look for followers, if there are more people on your side, you cane wipe out the old khan and become the new khan of the Mongol Series.

... or you can do it the Chinghis way and gather a bunch of the wandering peoples who aren't following the team but would still like to help... ok mongol metephor run amuk but I would like to see this mod through to compleation. I really love everything mongolian (Being part Mongolian myself (... ancestors raped by the mongol hordes... yay!))

I wrote my research paper on the various millitary tools, tactics, and order of the mongolian "Hordes" as they conquered up towards europe and would like to help in anyway i can, I am currently just learning how to mod so i cant help with any actual work but i definitly can help with dialogue, troop trees, AI tactics, and names.

PM me if you need anything. My the father sky watch over you and your skins be full of airag!

And I can do scenes. Let's assemble an army, Mertbey, and take over the Mongol Series with our supporters! *Raises sabre*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom