Scenes [Screensots] Updated 6/2/09

Users who are viewing this thread

Eumolpus

Grandmaster Knight
Scenes
All right, guys - I'm back, to scene editing. First of all, I'd like to thank all of you for your feedback and encouragement. :grin:

Native M&B ~ Aim
As you can see from the image below, vanilla Mount&Blade uses only about a third of the map. A ****ing waste of space, in my opinion. So I've decided to fill all those bits up with steppe houses.
http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc342/martinthchung/****ingwasteofspace.jpg

The downside is, it might lag a bit... BUT as long as there aren't water or trees, that shouldn't really be a major problem. Also, I've put a secret path to the chest. (Follow the merchant sign) That secret path does not only lead to a chest, but also to the tops of gatehouses so you can enjoy the view of the whole city. Sweet, yeah? Without further ado, some screenshots:

Screenshots
NEW!
mb229.jpg

mb227.jpg

mb228.jpg

Old
horses.jpg

4.jpg

town.jpg

town50percent.jpg

A hidden route leading to a chest. :twisted: You might want to watch out for suspicious looking staircases when walking in the streets... [WIP]
3.jpg

quatredone.jpg

2.jpg

Reference Pictures
Pali Gap said:
TangutBorderTown.jpg

TangutBorderWalls.jpg

TangutGuardHelmets.jpg

TangutMarket.jpg

Temujin.jpg

RainingOnMedicineMan.jpg

Onggirat.jpg

[
MongolVillageInValley.jpg

MongolGer.jpg

MongolGirlAndWomenWackingCotton.jpg

MongolAnimalThieves.jpg

Jamukha.jpg

Help!
As I have said many times before, I'm a slow scenemaker. All I can say is  that I'm better at towns than villages, so can you hire someone to do the villages? I mean, I can do the villages, but it's time-consuming. Help is what I need. :neutral: Right now, I am working on some Kerayid town in the middle of the desert - Maidar.

Well good luck with it.  But..try not to make it lag too much, eh.

I don't want half the community unable to play because you got to 'fancy' with it lol.  It must be playable, but enjoyable. :smile:

Wei.Xiadi said:
Well good luck with it.  But..try not to make it lag too much, eh.

I don't want half the community unable to play because you got to 'fancy' with it lol.  It must be playable, but enjoyable. :smile:
It won't lag unless there is water or trees. :wink: And there isn't much of those in the steppe is there?
Okay. PROGRESS. This thread isn't going to die yet. I've dont about 1/4 of the scene. Those Vaegir stuff on the right will be deleted soon, don't worry.
quatredone.jpg

2.jpg

A hidden route leading to a chest. :twisted: You might want to watch out for suspicious looking staircases when walking in the streets...
3.jpg

More... I still have to fill in the bit on the right, but the main difference is that I've deleted all of the Vaegir houses.
4.jpg

Nice scenes Eumolpus! don't worry ro much Eumolpus.. Take your time.. It's easier to learn something if you enjoy it.. Good luck!! And i think it's not difficult for you to make mongol ger village.. because it's far simple that middle eastern town..  :mrgreen:

Brilliant work dude, I love it.

Still - don't worry to much about scenes, they're more of a bonus then anything else.  In due time I'm looking to add a few more models to the game to possibly give you a few more things to add in.  But that's for a much later release date.  It doesn't matter if you only get 1 scene done a week.  I'm sure in time others will show us contributions and assist where needed.  But as I said, scenes are just a bonus - something to make it more realistic, it isn't compulsory for the time being. :smile:

Excellent work though, I have no idea why Pali ever doubted your great work.  I personally love it.

Amazing work Eum. :smile:

I'm going to sticky this thread and you can update it with all of the scenes you make.

I'll be doing the stone textures to match that of the Tangut and Jin cities.  Since only those 2 factions ever use stone. :smile:

Regarding that pali paragraph, just cheer up and move on.  And if possible, delete it from there.  We don't need to put more dirt on people who have already admitted their faults and left.  He did it in a pretty messed up way, insulting what he thought to be my coding when it was actually his.  But that just goes to show he either lied about his age as well, or had some bad things going on in life.  Something that happens to various people and we should understand them and their troubles as well.

So please remove that paragraph, and keep up your work!  You're awesum :wink:

Lonehwolf said:
Regarding that pali paragraph, just cheer up and move on.  And if possible, delete it from there.  We don't need to put more dirt on people who have already admitted their faults and left.  He did it in a pretty messed up way, insulting what he thought to be my coding when it was actually his.  But that just goes to show he either lied about his age as well, or had some bad things going on in life.  Something that happens to various people and we should understand them and their troubles as well.

So please remove that paragraph, and keep up your work!  You're awesum :wink:
Consider that done. :wink:

Okay people, I've put in some horses. Um, heres another tower you can get to. Yeah, there are towers everywhere.
horses.jpg

Amazing, just..truly, amazing. :smile:

Now you have 2 more Jin cities and 2 more Tangut cities to do  :lol:  :wink:

The scenes will be added to Version 1.0, along with the majority of the models and visual features, the main beta testing consists mainly of the coding logs.

Okay, sorry for the quadruple post, but WTF. My scenes got messed up today. Don't know how, but there seems to be a HUGE ditch where there are roads. :cry: That means, wherever the ground is painted with the 'Path' texture. So, the main square is basically, well... you know.

Back
Top Bottom