the mongol army organization

Users who are viewing this thread

ChengYi

Regular
okay I am going to quote from the book Genghis Khan: Conqueror of the World and The Devil's Horsemen:
the basic organization of the mongol army:
10 men make 1 arban(unit name for 10 men)
10 arban make 1 jaghun(100 men)
10 jaghun make 1 mingghan(1000 men)
10 mingghan make 1 tumen(10000 men)

commanding officers are called "noyans"
men who has shown prowess in battle are called "Bahaturs"
1000 bahaturs who guard the khan in battle are called Keshik
the trusted warriors who guard aristocracy are called "noker"

mongol soldier typically have two type of units: light cavalry and heavy cavalry. other units include orlok(chief engineer commander) and narcarra drummer who are signal for the charge of heavy cavalry

"in battle he wore a helmet where the upper part is made of metal, falling over the ears and neck made of leather."
"in battle the mongol warrior carry two bows and 3 quiver of arrows. two kinds of arrows include light arrow for distance and heavy arrow for close combat. He carried a lance with sickle shaped hook that can pull the rider off his horse. he carries a scimitar, axe and lasso for melee"

ChengYi said:
okay I am going to quote from the book Genghis Khan: Conqueror of the World and The Devil's Horsemen:
the basic organization of the mongol army:
10 men make 1 arban(unit name for 10 men)
10 arban make 1 jaghun(100 men)
10 jaghun make 1 mingghan(1000 men)
10 mingghan make 1 tumen(10000 men)

commanding officers are called "noyans"
men who has shown prowess in battle are called "Bahaturs"
1000 bahaturs who guard the khan in battle are called Keshik
the trusted warriors who guard aristocracy are called "noker"

mongol soldier typically have two type of units: light cavalry and heavy cavalry. other units include orlok(chief engineer commander) and narcarra drummer who are signal for the charge of heavy cavalry

"in battle he wore a helmet where the upper part is made of metal, falling over the ears and neck made of leather."
"in battle the mongol warrior carry two bows and 3 quiver of arrows. two kinds of arrows include light arrow for distance and heavy arrow for close combat. He carried a lance with sickle shaped hook that can pull the rider off his horse. he carries a scimitar, axe and lasso for melee"

Too bad I can't have your babies.  Regarding the ****load of equipment the mongol warriors carry, I don't really know what I'm gonna make them equip =/  That's too much.  and 2 bows take up 3 slots by themselves, what should I give them that provides for a good balance and effectiveness in combat without straying from the historical background as much as possible?

you can just make them carry bow and arrows. randomize the chances a warrior would have a shield, if not give an extra quiver, and randomize the 1 handed melee weapon of choice: scimitar,axe, or lance. that sound good? have light cavalry have fast horse and leather armor and heavy cavalry have armored horses, armored rider, shield, and a melee weapon of choice

hmm interesting, he carries a lasso. Also interesting is there adoption of the scimitar. I'm getting the vision of a far eastern curved blade instead of the scimitar I'm thinking of.

Nice history, perhaps some pictures from this book?

ChengYi said:
you can just make them carry bow and arrows. randomize the chances a warrior would have a shield, if not give an extra quiver, and randomize the 1 handed melee weapon of choice: scimitar,axe, or lance. that sound good? have light cavalry have fast horse and leather armor and heavy cavalry have armored horses, armored rider, shield, and a melee weapon of choice

Your wishes are my commands!  THANKS LOADS FOR DOING THIS! :grin:  I'd be lost without you =>

omzdog said:
hmm interesting, he carries a lasso. Also interesting is there adoption of the scimitar. I'm getting the vision of a far eastern curved blade instead of the scimitar I'm thinking of.

no picture or diagrams  :cry:

ChengYi said:
omzdog said:

no picture or diagrams  :cry:

its all in the head or after they make the graphical version XD  :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom