quest ideas and side activities

Users who are viewing this thread

ChengYi

Regular
here are some quest ideas:

Wife-napping: Lord A seem to like the wife of Lord B. Lady B is last know to be passing our camping ground from Location C to D. Sends player to intercept and kidnap Lady B before her destination. If successful, Lady B becomes wife of Lord A. a lord can have multiple wives. Note: Wife napping is very common amongst the tribes. thats how genghis khans father met his mother. and the khan's wife, Borte was also kidnapped by Merkits

remainants of escaped factions: when a rival faction's exterminated, living lords can flee to other tribes and factions and stir up trouble against you. have diplomacy check to tell the other faction to hand over the remainant lord. if fail, the remainant lord becomes vassal of the other faction, possibly a declaration of war on you. (this is all over the place in mongol history during that time)

activity ideas instead of always the tournament in the arena for authenticity:
Archery competition
Horse Archery Competition
Horse racing
wrestling

other idea:
the ability to convince rival lords and captains to join you

I talked with Pali Gap about the Darkhads and this is his idea:
after the death of genghis khan, the darkhads are hand picked soldiers who guard the burial grounds of genghis khan. the player can join the darkhads by proofing himself(I do mean himself, realistically women don't fight in wars, so if the character is female you can't do it) worthy to join the darkhads by going through quests like helping the darkhad win a battle with overwhelming odds. giving the player darkhad loot like premium equipment, and darkhad status

Yeah they seem pretty cool, it also depends on what the coder can actually do.

So, is the mod aiming in the direction of genghis khan, or just the historical event that took place.  I'm curious more just so that I know If we're basing it around a 1 man leads an army to glory or a kind of what if scenario where you are anyone you want.

ChengYi said:
here are some quest ideas:

Wife-napping: Lord A seem to like the wife of Lord B. Lady B is last know to be passing our camping ground from Location C to D. Sends player to intercept and kidnap Lady B before her destination. If successful, Lady B becomes wife of Lord A. a lord can have multiple wives. Note: Wife napping is very common amongst the tribes. thats how genghis khans father met his mother. and the khan's wife, Borte was also kidnapped by Merkits

Kinda sounds like a kidnapped girl, that moves in a party as a prisoner or something?  I'm not all too wise when it comes to quests, but it ain't something outside of my reach if I work hard on it.  Don't expect such a feature anytime soon if it's going to be included.

ChengYi said:
remainants of escaped factions: when a rival faction's exterminated, living lords can flee to other tribes and factions and stir up trouble against you. have diplomacy check to tell the other faction to hand over the remainant lord. if fail, the remainant lord becomes vassal of the other faction, possibly a declaration of war on you. (this is all over the place in mongol history during that time)

Now I'm sorry for being dumb, 2 hours of pure mathematics drain my brain, thing is, I ain't getting the whole point in here.  and what are remainants? ;o

ChengYi said:
activity ideas instead of always the tournament in the arena for authenticity:
Archery competition - CAN BE DONE
Horse Archery Competition - CAN BE DONE
Horse racing - Now that needs thinking, no idea how to implement that.  We'd need a whole new scene, and I presume some messed up coding on my part.  Expect an immediate start once the map loads though lol xD  I don't think this should be considered for the time being.
wrestling - CAN BE DONE

other idea:
the ability to convince rival lords and captains to join you CAN BE DONE --- WAIT NO IT CAN'T! That's ****ing stupid, they're rivals, why are they gonna join you? xD

I talked with Pali Gap about the Darkhads and this is his idea:
after the death of genghis khan, the darkhads are hand picked soldiers who guard the burial grounds of genghis khan. the player can join the darkhads by proofing himself(I do mean himself, realistically women don't fight in wars, so if the character is female you can't do it) worthy to join the darkhads by going through quests like helping the darkhad win a battle with overwhelming odds. giving the player darkhad loot like premium equipment, and darkhad status  The gifts are fairly easy and all, what I ain't sure about is the actual quests we'd have them go through.  There are some limitations, and quests aren't to be taken lightly, the coding is complicated and walks a fine line of "module driven and implementable" or "hardcoded so you're ****ed."

Keep posting and elaborate as much as possible on these. :smile:

remainant == remnant, sorry about that. if a faction is eliminated, its remaining personnel like lords and khan

ChengYi said:
remainant == remnant, sorry about that. if a faction is eliminated, its remaining personnel like lords and khan

Oh uhh.. no idea tbh, I could try working on that once i cover some more solid know-can-do quests and features first :smile:  But time will let us know ^_^

Back
Top Bottom