Tangut Kingdom
Merkits
Tayichiud
Jalayir
Ongut
Oirat
Darkhad
Uriankhai

Ok, Pali left of with that in play.  But we've wanted lots of factions for ages and now we're about ready to start adding in some new ones.

Now the groups represented act as bandits and the sorts, but..what do you lot think we should do for the actual factions.  I want to see at least 10 or so factions (depending on how much time it takes, might add more in a later 'version').

If someone could give me a list of all the factions they want in game and what bandit replacements they want, we can get to work on that immediately.

Thanks in advance.
Wei Xiadi

P.S - Historians - its your time to shine now! xD

Kerait

The Kerait were a tribe of mixed Mongol and Turkic ancestry. However, names and titles of Kerait rulers imply that they primarily spoke a Turkic language.[2][3][4][5] They were partly influenced by Nestorianism.[3][6] Prominent christian figures were Toghrul and Sorghaghtani Beki

Merkit

The Merkit were a Mongol tribe who opposed the rise of Temüjin, and kidnapped his new wife Börte. They were defeated and absorbed into the Mongol nation early in the 13th century. Other than with most other tribes, that was the end of their line of ancestry

Dörbet

The Dörbet (Mongolian: Дөрвөд Dörvöd) are one of the four major sub-tribes of the Oirat people. Dörbets are distributed among Western part of Mongolian state, Kalmykia and small portion in Heilongjiang, PRC. In Mongolia Dörbets are centered in the Uvs aimag, which was the center for Dörbet 2 aimags during Qing. Dörbets play important role in modern Mongolia. Tsedenbal was Dörbet.

Borjigin

Borjigin (plural Borjigit or Borjigid; Khalkha Mongolian: Боржигин, Borjigin; Chinese: 博爾濟吉特/孛儿支斤; pinyin: Bó'ěrjìjítè; Manchu: ) were the imperial clan of Genghis Khan and his successors. The family ruled over a united Mongol Empire in the 13th century. Despite its split following the succession war in 1260-1264, in 1271, Kublai Khan—who, as a direct descendant and grandson of Genghis, also carried the name—established the Yuan Dynasty in China. The Borjigit clan continued to rule over China, Mongolia, and other parts of Asia for much of the following century. In 1368, under Toghun Temür, the Yuan Dynasty was overthrown by the Ming Dynasty in China but members of the family continued to rule over Mongolia into the 17th century, known as the Northern Yuan, and they were the strongest of the 49 Mongol banners. The Qing Dynasty respected them, marrying the Borjigids along with Khorchin. According to Rashid ad-Din, many of Mongolian old clans were founded by Borjigin members - Barlas, Urud, Manghud, Taichiut, Chonos, Kiyat etc. Their descendants live in Inner Mongolia and Mongolia.

Barlas

The Barlas (Chagatay/Persian: برلاس - Barlās; also Berlas or Birlas) were a Turkicized[1][2] Mongolian[3][4] (Turko-Mongol) nomadic confederation in Central Asia and the chief tribe of the Timurids who ruled much of Central Asia, Iran, and South Asia in the Middle Ages.

Manghit

The Manġhud (Mangghud) or Mangudai (turkish: Manghit) originally were a Turco-Mongol tribe. They established the Nogai Horde in the 14th c. and the Manghit Dynasty to rule the Emirate of Bukhara in 1785. The clan name was used for Mongol vanguards as well. Their descendants live in several regions of the former Mongol Empire.

Tayichiud

The Tayichiud were a Mongolian tribe, mostly residing in the centre of Mongolia and southeastern area.

The Tayichiud were rivals of the Naimans and several other tribes. In the Secret History of the Mongols, they are portrayed as bitter enemies of Genghis Khan. As allies of Jamukha and the Keraits, they could defeat the latter bitterly.

Although ruling Tayichiud clan was destroyed by Genghis, their descendants, who surrendered, achieved fame in parts of Mongol Empire. Jebe (born Jurgadai), who stroke final blow to the Jurchens in Manchuria in 1219 and defeated Kypchaks and their European allies at the battle of Kalka in 1223, was from Besud clan of Tayichiud.

Baiju, the commander of the Tammachi in Persia, was also from Besud clan of the Tayichud. Chilaun, the one of Genghis Khan's 4 close companions, was from the Suldus, the sub-clan of the Tayichiud. His descendant Chupan reached the peak of his career during the reign of Ilkhan Abu Said and was given the title of chief commander of all Mongol Khanates by the court of Yuan Dynasty in 1327. In Chagatai Khanate, another aristocrat Buyan Suldus overthrew Qara'unas in Transoxiana in 1359 but was executed by Chagatai Khan Tughluq Temur in 1362.

People with clan name the Tayichud or the Taichud are found among the Mongolians in Mongolia and Inner Mongolia.

Oirat

Oirat (Oirads, Oyirads, Oirots) is the common name of several pastoral nomadic tribes of Mongolian origin whose ancestral home is in the Dzungaria and Amdo regions of western Mongolia and also western China. Although the Oirats originated in the eastern parts of Central Asia, the most prominent group today is located in the Republic of Kalmykia, a federal subject of the Russian Federation, where they are called Kalmyks. The Kalmyks migrated from Dzungaria to the southeastern European part of the Russian Federation nearly 400 years ago.

Historically, the Oirats were composed of four major tribes: Choros or Ölöt, Torghut, Dörbet, and Khoshut. The minor tribes include: Khoit, Bayid, Mangit, Zakhachin, and Darkhat.

Buryats

The Buryats or Buriyads, numbering approximately 436,000, are the largest ethnic minority group in Siberia and are mainly concentrated in their homeland, the Buryat Republic, a federal subject of Russia. They are the northernmost major Mongol group.[1]

Buryats share many customs with their Mongolian cousins, including nomadic herding and erecting yurts for shelter. Today, the majority of Buryats live in and around Ulan Ude, the capital of the republic, although many live more traditionally in the countryside. They speak in a dialect of Mongolian language called Buryat

Tuvans

Tuvans or Tuvinians (Tuvan: Тывалар, Tyvalar) are a group of Turkic people. They are historically known as Uriankhai, from the Mongolian designation.[1]

Tuvans have historically been cattle-breeding nomads, tending to their herds of goats, sheep, camels, reindeer, cattle and yaks for the past thousands of years. They have traditionally lived in yurts covered by felt or chums covered with birch bark or hide that they relocate seasonally as they move to newer pastures.

Naimans

The Naimans, also Naiman Turks[1][2] or Naiman Mongols[3], (Mongolian: naiman, "eight"[4], Kazakh: Найман) was a Mongolian name given to a group of people dwelling on the steppe of Central Asia, having diplomatic relations with the Kara-Khitai, and subservient to them until 1177. The Naimans are most often classified as a Turkic people from Sekiz Oghuz (means 'Eight Oghuz' in Turkic),[5][6][7][8] but there are also sources that count them as Mongols.[8] Like the Khitan and the Uyghurs, many of them were Nestorian Christians and Buddhists. When last Tayan Khan was killed after a battle with Genghis Khan in 1203, his son Kuchlug with his remaining Naiman troops fled to the Kara-Khitai. Kuchlug was well received there and the Khitan King gave him his daughter in marriage. Kuchlug soon began plotting against his new father-in-law, and after executing him and taking his place, he began to presecute Muslims in the Hami Oases. But his action was opposed by local people and he was later defeated by the Mongols under Jebe and the land of the Kara-Khitai empire incorporated into Mongol Empire.

Öngüd

The Öngüd, or Öngüt, were a Turkic[1] tribe, active in Mongolia around the time of Genghis Khan (1162–1227).[2] Many members were Nestorian Christians.[3] They lived in an area lining the Chinese Great Wall, in the northern part of the Ordos and territories to the northeast of it.[2] They acted as wardens of the marches for the Chin to the north of the province Shansi.[4]

When the Öngüt chief Alakush-tegin was killed for supporting the Mongols against the Naimans, Genghis Khan took the family under his protection and gave the son one of his own daughters in marriage.

Many famous post-Genghis Mongols are of Öngüd descent, including the well-known monk, traveler, and diplomat, Rabban Sauma (1220–1294).

800px-Asia_1200ad.jpg

^ He scares me :cry:

Nice collection, I'm pumped up to do that, when everything is confirmed and set to proceed.  Wei, compile all you want put together in a txt file and bang it over via msn :wink:

If you would like to discuss something, spam my mail that I rarely check (not true :razz:), or discuss some things my MSN is [email protected], and yes, that's open to everybody.  *readies whip*

Okay, having reviewed the map and the data, these are the new factions and sub factions.

Factions:
Ongut
Borjigin
Jadaran
Tatars
Naimans
Kerayids
Tangut Kingdom
Oirat
Tayichiud
Kerait

Groups represented but not currently factions:
Merkits
Manghit
Dorbet
Barlas
Jalayir
Darkhad
Uriankhai

I kind of disagree with the faction break up. the steppe during the time of genghis khan has countless tribes. the five greater ulus, or major tribes, are Naiman, Kereit, Merkit, Tatar, and Mongol. (yes, mongol is one of many tribes). Tayichiud, Jadaran, and Borjigen are major clans of the Mongol tribe. Tayichiud and Borjigen are clans of Golden Family, and only the members of the gold family can become Mongol Khagan, which means Jadarans cannot become Khagan. 

Well do you think you could give us 10 Tribes then? and a list of tribes or something for the bandits.

I'm no historian so, I'm kind of depenant on my fellow comrades to help me out with the historical side of this Mod.  If you can give us 10 factions/tribes then we'd certaintly use them.

Wei.Xiadi said:
Well do you think you could give us 10 Tribes then? and a list of tribes or something for the bandits.

I'm no historian so, I'm kind of depenant on my fellow comrades to help me out with the historical side of this Mod.  If you can give us 10 factions/tribes then we'd certaintly use them.

well, only 5 major Ulus did have dominant military power. The mongols have the most inside clan fighting like Jerkins and Tayichiuds vs. Borjigen. Other tribes are subjugates of these five Ulus. Remember during the alliance of 13 tribes against Temujin, the Tayichiuds fought along side Tatars and Merkits against their fellow Mongols, the Borjigen. But I don't think we can implement subfactions...

But we can start by making Merkits a major faction.

so the major groups that made impact with Genghis Khan are:
Merkits
Tatars
Naimans
Kereits
Mongol Clans(Jadarans, Tayichiuds, Borjigens, Jerkins, Khongkotats, etc.)
Jin
Xixia(Tangut)
Kara-Khitai
Khawarazim

Minor factions(bandits?):
Onguts
Oirats
Uriankhai
Ongirats
Uyghurs
Jalayirs, etc

Thanks for your input Cheng, sorry about me being oblivious to Mongolians and all  :oops:

Either way I believe Wei should confirm that and edit his post in the coders' lab.  That being said, later today I'll be able to work on those factions, and hopefully by the end of this week, unless the code really hates me (:roll:) I should be out with a beta test for you guys to see how you like those 10 factions.  The other grounps will be considered bandits, yes.

That is correct.  Also wolf, is it possible to create sub factions? a way where we can bind like 4 seperate armies in 1, even if we do some sort of code where they are 'allied forever' it's still more accessible and realistic to include the sub-factions.

Is this at all possible.

Not sure what you mean with binding 4 into 1.  And I ain't getting the sub-factions term.  Does this branch out of a main faction in the way a mercenary does to being your troop?

I could create singular troop upgrade paths with names that resemble a particular clan, while joining them to a particular faction, or setup a new faction that holds all the small clans together that co-operate as a singular faction, or just create 4 more factions.  Not sure how more factions will affect gameplay though, which is why i wanna try and give off a beta with 10 factions asap to see what those little midgets can cook up on the battlefield.

Well we only have 9 factions.

Also, erm...think of Britain and think we had it as a faction, and then put into consideration that Britain is England, wales and scotland.  Could you make those 3 little countries/factions/tribes apart of Britain.

Even if we allied them on a permanent basis, added them together and reduced their city intake, is it possible to have 3 factions create 1 main faction.

Wei.Xiadi said:
Well we only have 9 factions.

Also, erm...think of Britain and think we had it as a faction, and then put into consideration that Britain is England, wales and scotland.  Could you make those 3 little countries/factions/tribes apart of Britain.

Even if we allied them on a permanent basis, added them together and reduced their city intake, is it possible to have 3 factions create 1 main faction.

I don't believe we can actually come up with something like that.  I may be wrong, but the module system doesn't support a branching of factions in a similar way to how you organize **** on your desktop (folder in folder in folder etc) :razz:

I could create troops that refer to a particular clan and bind them to a faction so they work on that, give that faction 3 towns, and research on how I can make certain lords own particular castles and carry around only 1 particular troop of that type.

Not sure if it's implementable, but I ain't ruling that possibility out.

Well it's better then a kick in the teeth.

Maybe Cheng can help us with some troop names for these new factions. :smile:

That'd help unless you want to rely on 'awesome-me' and have little "Final Phase Terminator" named troops walking around with 'push-to-nuke' gadgets and stuff like that ;D

Yeah lets save that for fallout lol.

Well, i'll ask some other coders if its possible to do and let you know when I heard back from them. :smile:

ChengYi said:
I kind of disagree with the faction break up. the steppe during the time of genghis khan has countless tribes. the five greater ulus, or major tribes, are Naiman, Kereit, Merkit, Tatar, and Mongol. (yes, mongol is one of many tribes). Tayichiud, Jadaran, and Borjigen are major clans of the Mongol tribe. Tayichiud and Borjigen are clans of Golden Family, and only the members of the gold family can become Mongol Khagan, which means Jadarans cannot become Khagan. 

yes he can, Oguz Kagan was a Khan of a turkic tribe.

Mertbey said:
ChengYi said:

yes he can, Oguz Kagan was a Khan of a turkic tribe.

I was talking about the Jadarans, the tribe of Jamukha. Jadarans are descendents of a pregnant women who was abducted by a previous Mongol Khan. They were persecuted against by the other Mongol clans thus no Jadarans have the legal right to be Khagan of the Mongols. Jadarans were powerful though, because Jamukha was a great chief

ChengYi said:
I was talking about the Jadarans, the tribe of Jamukha. Jadarans are descendents of a pregnant women who was abducted by a previous Mongol Khan. They were persecuted against by the other Mongol clans thus no Jadarans have the legal right to be Khagan of the Mongols. Jadarans were powerful though, because Jamukha was a great chief

Don't really get it but I think this is about the right time to finally get to yell the one thing I've been waiting for ages to let out:

CLUSTER ****!
1318282406_aaa3cf5d4a.jpg

As a side note, are there specific colors you'd like to have the factions have?
A small pallette just to get you going.
blue
light blue
red
yellow
pink
purple
black
white
green
brown

I'll be spitting those colors randomly, but if somehow colors may effect in someway tribes, or different meanings, you're free to point them out ^^.

Back
Top Bottom