intro

Users who are viewing this thread

Lonehwolf

Sergeant
Click it for a nice stand up comedian ;o

Thought this would be a badass intro, didn't you, Wei? :p  Nah, I'm a little bit serious right now.  So...

First off, I wanna point out that this mod sure as **** ain't dying.  Wei has expressed his concern about the mod's "life force", and i volunteered to provide the coding needs for the Mongol Series.  I'm working on another mod as a coder, and things are slowly moving ahead :smile:

I've been discussing this with Wei through and through.  There was a misunderstanding with Pali, and I see fit to point them out here.  This is my introduction, so if things turn out against me and the other staff members don't want me because of a relationship with someone who's leaving, it'd suck... a little bit.

@Pali and our Argument: Basically commented to Wei that i considered Pali a flamer.  whether he is or ain't I still have no idea -.-  But it was only a presumption I made, and I really didn't let it bother me at all.  When being asked to map for the mod, i was planning on talking to pali to make sure if there was anything i should concern myself about when mapping.  The whole deal turned wrong because... just seeing my nickname he snapped and insults got whipped out.  Taking it as a joke i retorted in a similar manner, knowing he was 19 or w/e, but he then logged off and couldn't be contacted again.  I realised he was pretty pissed at me xD  Now I ain't posting logs, and wei could prove that and all.  I ain't saying I'm clean, I'm at fault for opening my mouth about a couple of pali's posts, and his leaving, to be honest, doesn't sadden me for ****.

Ben (pali) added me on msn, and we talked it out.  He turned out pretty cool and we straightened it all out.  I'm sleeping over him in all senses of the word tomorrow, wish me luck  :oops:  To be serious, we talked a bit, and some **** was figured out about the module system and all.  That basically saved me about 4 days of mindless searching to figure out what has happened.

A thread is bound to pop up anytime about coding and all that.  Pali has helped me tons in the last 2 hour chat we had.  I can't thank him enough.  Gaybars ftw ;o

Either way, this is a series of mods, and seeing it has potential with the ideas, textures and organization, I happily offered my coding knowledge, which is slowly increasing the more I post and read other tutorials, for which I thank Ruthven's thread, and rant about how it ain't yet ****in stickied >=[  since it's been saving me loads of time with the search box.

Discussing it with Wei, I proposed the following changes:

- Abilities.  Enraging (Strength and Health boost).  Sprinting (Agility and Athletic Boost).  Focusing (Intelligence, Power Strike and Weapon Proficiency Boost)
- In-game healing.  Troops are more self-sustaining.  For coding this in, I'll have to make sure that things don't turn out too easy.  It definitely will have restrictions on it.  We don't want putting in a "legit" ctrl + h health cheat.
- Quests.  I admit these won't be too easy.  I plan on making at least a couple of quests.  In the next version release (still a bit lacking on the whole mongol knowledge, but I'll be up to date soon enough), I'll be attempting on including the above 2 features, and in the release that would follow, I'd build up a set of quests to "activate" those abilities.  The whole idea is very rough, and possibly complicated to include.  But heavier boulders have been lifted in these past years with M&B as I've lately discovered, so I shouldn't be whining at the first pebble I discover :wink:

Bang u all in the next few days.  Your suggestions are welcome, and if you believe I shouldn't be the coder, after this introduction, then point it out below and I'll take my leave, hoping you'd allow me to be at least the mapper for this mod ^_^.

~Wolf~
Doesn't have "ass-****er"as a suffix.

It's a pleasure having you on the team.  I'll try and get all of the posts relevant to updating our module system to you as soon as possible. :smile:

Lets keep this thread related just to coding though. :wink: Also, you're NOT LEAVING....EVAR. xD

Haven't I told you NOT to express your feelings for me in public.  It's NOT acceptable.

ANYWAYS, for those who don't know - Wolf and I will be going through and re bvuilding the module system used to create Mongol Mod.  We'll be re doing many of the few things that caused weird glitches and we'll be removing all errors for good, never again to RETURN!

Wei.Xiadi said:
Haven't I told you NOT to express your feelings for me in public.  It's NOT acceptable.

ANYWAYS, for those who don't know - Wolf and I will be going through and re bvuilding the module system used to create Mongol Mod.  We'll be re doing many of the few things that caused weird glitches and we'll be removing all errors for good, never again to RETURN!

No no no, you're wrong.  It should be:

Me, You, Eumolpus, Haasilton, Gculk, Wolf, Jlgx51, Omzdog, Einskaldir, Loneh, Einskaldir.

That's the thing I love about your sub-board. Moderators being switched around, one lead dev doesn't like the other lead dev...

Very interesting conflicts.

Technically no.  one leading dev didn't like one coder, but that leading dev retired, therfore opening a spot for the disliked coder.

Its a very poetic story......But what the hell.  Pali sent us his blessings! what more could you want.

Wei.Xiadi said:
Technically no.  one leading dev didn't like one coder, but that leading dev retired, therfore opening a spot for the disliked coder.

Its a very poetic story......But what the hell.  Pali sent us his blessings! what more could you want.
What more coult I want? Cake.

;o  Disliked... injustly -.-  I didn't insult him or anything.  I just had an impression, not an assumption or anything, regarding how he posts and how he tends to become agressive towards new people that are new to the forums.  But it seems everything is fine now, he was pretty cheerful about how things are turning out.

And Ruthven, I know your submissions to the M&B modding side, and I can't be thankful enough to the thread you made, but I also know that you side up a little bit with ben.  I have no grudges against him, and it seems clear with his reply he doesn't have any against me, unless I missed the sarcasm, so no conflicts are here, and I'm not a hated coder, I'm just a wolf who can't resist asses; that's all ;o

And no cakey for you.  I eat all cakey :>

Lonehwolf said:
;o  Disliked... injustly -.-  I didn't insult him or anything.  I just had an impression, not an assumption or anything, regarding how he posts and how he tends to become agressive towards new people that are new to the forums.  But it seems everything is fine now, he was pretty cheerful about how things are turning out.

And Ruthven, I know your submissions to the M&B modding side, and I can't be thankful enough to the thread you made, but I also know that you side up a little bit with ben.  I have no grudges against him, and it seems clear with his reply he doesn't have any against me, unless I missed the sarcasm, so no conflicts are here, and I'm not a hated coder, I'm just a wolf who can't resist asses; that's all ;o

And no cakey for you.  I eat all cakey :>
Nawt mah caek!

Back
Top Bottom