Expansion / Multiplayer suggestion thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Campaign Maps in Multiplayer. they could be like a new take on the persistant mods. i'm not sure if i asked about this in the past or not. but i thought i would see if anyone was interested in trying it out.

Napoleonics War quick and simple suggestion, can you put how many people are in a certain class, for example in artillery, 3 rankers, 2 trains and 1 captain. This will make it so much easier to organize artillery during matches.

Siege:
Respawn should be cyclic and localized: people should respawn in groups.

Siege is really fun and unique experience in M&B which is beyond what For Honor and such games can offer, but it can always be improved. In the beginning of each map there is teamwork on the attacking side, people cooperate which adds tactic to the game and is fun, but after that it turns into flusterclock where people just run around headlessly. It's not a wonder that attackers usually achieve a lot of progress in the first push compared to the rest of the round. Cyclic respawn would solve this problem and would feel more like you are in an epic siege and the 2nd (or 3rd, or 4th...) wave has joined the battle. It would also make spearman more feasible as it relies on teammates. Spear is borderline useless in duels but that is not a problem, in teamfight it is really good as you can thrust from behind where using other weapons is either too risky (you would hit your allies) or enemy is simply out of reach for it. Such tactics are only usable in groups. This improvement one is also very easy to implement.

Inventory management:
Ditch the CS style shopping mechanic. Maybe in battle mode it works where you have time to do it but that is not how the majority of people play this game in multiplayer and I find it cumbersome there too. Instead have the player chose a loadout and upgrade gear and maybe award extra stuff (e.g. 2 hander? see below) when making a kill (for the next round) - this would be effectively the same but without the tedious management of your gear.

2 handed weapons:
Generally in games the most fun way of playing should be the hardest and most effective. This is not true for M&B right now. Using no shield is most fun, but it is kind of a suicide both in single and multiplayer, you will get shot almost immediately. Since archers are just so damn effective, you chose the option of making shields block all arrows in almost (or exactly?) 180 degrees. While in my opinion this is a good thing and should be kept, you have an additional option too: make plate armor practically immune to arrows, bolts and throwables (maybe for the exception of headshots). This would allow for 2 handed play styles, both in single player and in multiplayer if you have full plate. This in multiplayer means you just had a serious kill streak, so it could be an award for that. It would certainly feel more meaningful than a slightly better gear. In single player if you are on a horse no AI archer can hit you anyway, so there it won't make much of a difference, and it could make playing as an infantryman somewhat less painful. Not to mention it is historically accurate (ok crossbows could penetrate plate armor, but we can ignore that I think), although this aspect is obviously not that important.

Back
Top Bottom