SMF MOD(With Sailing Feature)(Modeller Need)

Users who are viewing this thread

kerosima

Knight
                      Now, I'm working on a mod called SMF(Simple Mini-Functions) and secong beta's out, it includes:

REPOSITORY LINK:
https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=9&id=1088

Those who have problems, it's updated.

:arrow: Torturing tools boost: Looting(Torturing peasants) and prisoner management(torturing prisoners) skills.
:arrow: Compass and atlas boost: Pathfinding(naturally)  skill.
:arrow: Telescope: Spotting.
:arrow: Carts(The big one and small one): Inventory management
:arrow: Wound dressing, wound treatment, lancet, surgery ex.
:arrow: Construction tools: engineer.
  and total 24 different items like that, including some books and guides.
:arrow: Ships and sailing(You once buy a ship for 1500 denars and you can have only one ship. You can disembark and embark whenever and wherever you want)

TUTORIAL:

I meaned new "items" that boost skills. So you can only see new items at goods merchants.
About buying ships. First, you must have at last 1500 denars to "see" the option of buying a ship.
If you have  1500 denars, you'll see "Buy a ship" option in town menu.
When you buy a ship, you leave the screen then if you go to the city again, you'll see "Sail from port" option.
Once you sail, you can't see the sailing or buying options again, as your ship waits where you leave it.
And to disembark: click on a village, a castle or a town.
Cheat to pass through bridges(can be useful): Go near a bridge, click on a party at the other side of bridge. when it asks, do you want to disembark, say no, then it'll ask again. Say yes this time and go back and embark again. You're at the other side of the bridge.

Hint about usage of sailing feature:
Even without too much water on the map, sailing still can be very advantegous. If you play with Nords, it should be your most often used means of transport becuse it's significantly fast(15.0) and doesn't get affected from night or the size of your party. If you're still weak, it's a safe way to avoid bandits.
And using the rivers(and the cheat to pass the bridges), you can go deep in enemy lands.
What happens if you play with Khergits. Let me tell you a hint(Especially if you're at war with Nords). Go to the western side of map and start travelling north. When you see the Rhodok village Epeskhe; go west a bit. There's the tip of a river. Mark this on your mind. When you have a ship(you must sneak twice to get the ship and sail), go and leave your ship at the tip of the river at Epeskhe. (It's the river which's at the west of all other rivers.)
From now on, if you have a quest at Nord lands or want to loot a Nord village, you can embark there and disembark anywhere on the Nordic coast, avoiding King Ragnar or other 100+ lord parties.

Features to be added in final version:

:arrow: A simple scenario(A goal to player)
:arrow: 4 new places:
-->University of Calradia(About skills of int.)
-->Calradian War Academy (Professional training ground)
-->Bandit Hideout (About the skills like looting)
-->Traders Guild Center (About the skills of charisma etc.)
:arrow: New quests about the scenario and places.

I need some items modeled, I'm searching for a modeller in Turkish forums but there's no one to help yet. These are the items that need modelling:

Magnifying glass, Telescope, Covered Wagon(the one that we see in most wild west movies.),Wound dressing, lancet,perfume bottle, lock, a scepter and medallion.

If anyone can do it, write here or PM me.

File History:
0.6: Some bugs; including the strange one that there's no mod, are corrected. 4 places are added to map(Don't go in them)
0.5: First public release :grin:
0.4: Some bugs corrected.
0.3: Sailing added.
0.2: only 24 items were working.

Kerosima said:

:arrow: Ships and sailing(You once buy a ship for 1500 denars and you can have only one ship. You can disembark and embark whenever and wherever you want)
That's implemented already? Hmm, would you be very kind and let me borrow the codes on how to do that? I want to know how you made it so the player can already have one ship (probably something like "(eq,"$player_has_ship")" right?) and I would REALLY like to know how you allow the player to disembark anywhere. (Assuming you mean that you can click on land as well as towns/castles/villages to disembark? For my mod you need to click on a town or other party to get back on to land.)

Code:
("buy_a_ship",[(party_slot_eq,"$current_town",slot_party_type, spt_town),
                         (eq, "$ship_bought", 0),
                         (store_troop_gold,reg1,"trp_player"),
                         (ge, reg1, 1500),
                         ], "Buy a ship: 1500 denars",
       [(assign, "$ship_bought", 1),
        (troop_remove_gold,"trp_player", 1500),
        (change_screen_return),
        ]),

("sail_from_port",[(party_slot_eq,"$current_town",slot_party_type, spt_town),
                         (eq, "$ship_bought", 1),
                         (eq, "$sailed_before", 0),
                         ], "Sail from port.",
       [(assign, "$g_player_icon_state", pis_ship),
        (assign, "$sailed_before", 1),
        (party_set_flags, "p_main_party", pf_is_ship, 1),
        (party_get_position, pos1, "p_main_party"),
        (map_get_water_position_around_position, pos2, pos1, 6),
        (party_set_position, "p_main_party", pos2),
        (assign, "$g_main_ship_party", -1),
        (change_screen_return),
        ]),

This easy...
(No, you have to click on a town or village or something.)(Something worth trying to change...)

Do you know how to beat the bug that you can try to sail from in-land cities?(I'd better check header operations maybe)

Assuming you're using the same map as Native, just put:
(this_or_next|eq,"$current_town","p_town_2"),(eq,"$current_town","p_town_12"),
as a conditions (operations?) block, so that the option to buy a ship only appears in "p_town_2" (Tihr) and "p_town_12" (Wercheg).

Kerosima, its good to see you here working on a real mod. Keep up the good work!

Ibanez said:
Kerosima, its good to see you here working on a real mod. Keep up the good work!
Thanks!
If I had time to check the forum and mod in school time, I could mod more but as I'm at a boarding school(or was it boarded) I can't do that in school time- only holidays...

(I have a mod idea but I don't have a modeller, texturer etc. and time...)

Submitted to repository:

EDIT: I know, I know, its restricted to direct-link...

Playing it right now. Downloaded from the repository.

I can't really figure it out. You talk of new skills, but I don't see any changes in character screen.
I don't know how to buy a ship (visited Wercheg).  :neutral:

Would you mind giving a simple tutorial for dummies on using the new features.  :oops:

Ok.
I didn't mean new "skills". I meaned new "items" that boost skills. So you can only see new items at goods merchants.
About buying ships. First, you must have at last 1500 denars to "see" the option of buying a ship.
If you have  1500 denars, you'll see "Buy a ship" option in town menu.
When you buy a ship, you leave the screen then if you go to the city again, you'll see "Sail from port" option.
Once you sail, you can't see the sailing or buying options again, as your ship waits where you leave it.
And to disembark: click on a village, a castle or a town.
Cheat to pass through bridges(can be useful): Go near a bridge, click on a party at the other side of bridge. when it asks, do you want to disembark, say no, then it'll ask again. Say yes this time and go back and embark again. You're at the other side of the bridge.

It's strange, I saw many items in the first merchant I've visited.
Test a bit more and report me please, I don't want a mod with tons of bugs.

Hmm...
I'm uploading the version that I have(it's working, for sure)
But don't enter the places..
Here're the links:

BETA DOWNLOAD:
http://rapidshare.com/files/191765102/SMF.rar
REPOSITORY LINK:

Okay, downloaded the new version from the repository. Started a new game and still can't see any changes  :neutral:
Sorry to spam your thread with this, maybe it's just me. But I can't see any new items at goods merchants, or any other merchants,
and having 5400 denars still don't give the option to buy a ship (at Tihr or Wercheg). I take it the option should be in the town menu,
but I've also talked to the guild masters... Still nothing.
Are you sure it's working? The textures folder is empty, I would have thought you put the new ones there...

Ummm...
I really have a problem.

When I play the mod;
I see the university etc...
I see the items that I added.
I see the option to buy a ship and sail.

But when I check;
parties.txt, I can't see the university etc...
item_kinds1.txt, I can't see the items that I added.
menus.txti I can't see the option to buy a ship and sail.

I'm sure that I'm playing C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade\Modules\SMF
I'm sure that  module system builds the module there(I checked module_info.py and I checked to see the changes that I made have an effect)

So, how can that be possible?

Oh, right. I had this problem for the longest time, but eventually I figured it out. Go into the mod's folder, then click the "Compatibility Files" tab in the top right. Copy all the stuff you see there, go back to your mod's subfolder and paste it all in. When you try to export to your mod's subfolder, Vista will automatically store it in:
"C:\Users\My Computer\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Mount&Blade\Modules\SMF" or wherever.

Back
Top Bottom