Some Inaccuracies Concerning the Tribes in the Steppes

Users who are viewing this thread

ChengYi

Regular
according to history, the Tribe "Mongol" is a tribe in the steppes beyond the great wall in the 12th century, where countless other tribes inhabit the area (note the republic of Mongolia didn't exist until the mid 1900s) the five "major" nations include the naimans(the strongest nation in the western steppes by the Altai, unlike other tribes who are of yellow race, the naimans have caucasoid facial features), the kereits(the Christians), merkits, the tatars(jin loyalists) and the mongols(anti-jin).

tribes are made of clans descended from major cheftains, and clans have subclans. Temujin for example, is from from tribe Mongol, clan Borjigen, subclan Kiyad

in the mod, the Borjigen is an independent tribe, that's inacurate. the Jadarans are a clan of the Mongols, not a separate tribe. The merkits were a major tribe but they are a bandit faction in mod.

I don't think Yesugei Bahadur was ever a khan of the mongols, as his name suggests, his rank is Bahatur, a man who has proven his worth in battle, well respected but not a khan.

the last khans of the mongols were Khabul and Ambahai, who were both captured by Tatars and put to death by the Jin. After Ambahai, the mongol clans are very much scattered and disorganize compare to the other tribes. Yesugei Bahadur was a strong candidate for the next khan, but his rival Targutai, the grandson of Ambahai, had other plans. This triggered an on going rivalry between the Taichi'uds(Ambahai and Targutai's clan) and the Borjigens(yesugei and temujin's clan) in the future battles to come.   

I appreciate you making this topic, and I don't know if this is good news to you, but quite literally all your suggestions have either already been implemented into Mongol Epsilon or are in the process of being implemented.  :smile:

The whole kingdom faction thingy was not really a planned feature.  There were five factions because I was (and for the most part, still am) a rather inexperienced coder, and an inexperienced gamer at that, and had no idea how to add more.  Mongol Epsilon (next release) will feature many factions, and the majority of the tribes will only hold one or two villages, but they will be balanced based on history.

Yesukhai being a khan was something that I changed from the minute I found that I had left him as such in Mongol Delta (latest release), but I did not release a patch because it was something I would rather include with the many factions.  Now, I would not think of the Mongols as a tribe, but merely as an ethnic group of people with some similar beliefs.

And with the Mount&Blade engine it is not possible to have subfactions, unless a subfaction was just a city, who's name was that of the subfaction and who's leaders were as well.  I do not think it is necessary to do so, however.

Again, I thank you for posting this, as it gives me an opportunity to tell you and the rest of the community how much Mongol Delta sucks compared to Mongol Epsilon.  :wink:

Pali Gap said:
Now, I would not think of the Mongols as a tribe, but merely as an ethnic group of people with some similar beliefs.

Well, all of the tribe in the steppes beyond the great wall had a similar culture. The Mongols are a tribe because they had a united political leader like Khabul and Ambahai(before Genghis Khan was even born). Even Temujin was made the "Ja'utei Khuri/扎乌铁呼里"(Tribal chieftain in the Jurchen/Jin Language) of the "Mongols Tribe" by the Jin.

That is an interesting way to look at it.  Until recently, I had believed that all the tribes of the steppes were considered to be 'Mongol', but then again, my only knowledge of Mongol history when I began Mongol was the film 'Mongol'. :lol:

Pali Gap said:
That is an interesting way to look at it.  Until recently, I had believed that all the tribes of the steppes were considered to be 'Mongol', but then again, my only knowledge of Mongol history when I began Mongol was the film 'Mongol'. :lol:

lol that movie sucked...the only redeeming quality was the soundtrack,lol

yeah the tribe are different. the Tatars, Uighurs, Merkits, and Naimans are not Mongols...but the Jadaran, Taichi'uds, Borjigens, are...confusing huh?

a lot of different peoples inhabited that land, and do as all nomads do, have migrated away and newcomers come again. but detailed history of how it all began before genghis khan will less like be known by the world

Yes, that is why I find that Mongol was a very decent attempt, because of the lack of information on that area in that time period.

man this is Chinese history its bull****. where did you fiend this story, kerayids where not Christians. i just dis agree this toppic.

the history they have in china is not the same they have in Mongolia.

Mertbey said:
man this is Chinese history its bull****. where did you fiend this story, kerayids where not Christians. i just dis agree this toppic.

the history they have in china is not the same they have in Mongolia.

dude the kereids were nestorian christians like the onguts and naimans. just do a search on on them:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerait

even the name kereit is a transliteration of the name "Christ", and wang Khan was heavily associated with the legend of prestor john

Pali Gap said:
Yesukhai was a Khan, but not a Khagan of the Mongols.  He was Khan of Kiyad.

right, the mongol tribe was pretty much scattered after the death of Ambahai. Khagan was not elected due to the continuous rivalry between the Taichi'uds and the Borjigen for the next khagan. 

Even I knew some of them were christians and I study chinese history, not Mongolian history.

All I have to say is Mertbey - don't talk unless you know what you're talking about.  It makes you sound idiotic. >.>

As for Cheng YTi, on behalf of the 'real' Mongol team, I'd like to thank you for sharing your input with us.  As Pali Gap said, we'll have either incoprorated those ideas which we'd established or add them to the future releases of the Mongol series.

Now that we have the history sorted out (yet just to let you know, history cones after game play enjoyment.  Should the history of Mongolia have an impact on the feel of the game or hinder progession of game enjoyment, we WILL NOT be adding it.  But with whats been said so far, I see no reason why that would happen)

Also, since you know your history, we may wish to think about these new quests we're looking to add in.  Unfortunately I don't think major events can take place, I wish it could though.  But we would like some historical based quests or ideas that we may be able to add in.

Any suggestions on historical based activities would be appreciated, as would any assistance with the quest production.

Thanks in advance
Wei Xiadi.

Most of Keraids was Nestorian Christian.. From what i read, Wang khan (Khan of Keraids)  it self was consider as the source of medieval legend of "Prester john" that will come from the east and help christian to beat muslim..

SirAndre said:
Most of Keraids was Nestorian Christian.. From what i read, Wang khan (Khan of Keraids)  it self was consider as the source of medieval legend of "Prester john" that will come from the east and help christian to beat muslim..
I know thats what I said lol

Back
Top Bottom