Scenes - Problems, Issues, and Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Bellum said:
Ok, I've got a proper one this time.  :smile:

Went to Tahl to buy food and was ambushed by bandits. But we all spawned outside of the map and couldn't move.

I uploaded the save to mediafire.

Thank you.  I've figured out that its entry points 2 and 4 based off that.  They don't exist in that village, which I knew as soon as I spawned in a corner of the map.  I'll check all the villages for these entry points.  Thanks!

I believe I am going try try swapping those entry points so it uses 1 and 3 instead.  Otherwise I'd have to touch every single village (none have them set properly that I've seen yet) to add those two entry points.  1 and 3 are usually used for bandits raiding the village, so the two start far away from one another, but I think it should work decently.

Villages will always be 1 and 3 now.  Towns use different entry points, but I've not heard of any issued with being attacked by bandits in towns as of yet, so I'll leave that alone.

Manually adding entry point 2 and 4 now.  1 and 3 don't work properly because of the mission template data.  Rather then risk screwing something up by modifying those, I'll just add the intended entry points to each village scene.

I seem to have spawned outside of the arena in Farnoth.

EDIT: Removing image as this issue is resolved.  - Kardio

Bellum said:
I seem to have spawned outside of the arena in Farnoth.

EDIT: Removing image as this issue is resolved.  - Kardio

I edited out your image to save the loading time.  I fixed all the arena melee battles and it will be ready in the upcoming patch.  See the first post in the bugs thread for the bugs I've squashed already.

Thanks though!

Right, I decided to take a pause in my glorious Feron Campaign for world domination and made a Blighted Plauge character.

I ask The Dread Soveirgn (dunno how to spell it) if he's got any jobs for me and he tells me to go kill som guy who is hiding in the village of Tstin.

I go there and search every nook and cranny for the guy for atleast an hour without any results.  :evil:

Have you misplaced his entry point or something?  :roll:

Winegum said:
Right, I decided to take a pause in my glorious Feron Campaign for world domination and made a Blighted Plauge character.

I ask The Dread Soveirgn (dunno how to spell it) if he's got any jobs for me and he tells me to go kill som guy who is hiding in the village of Tstin.

I go there and search every nook and cranny for the guy for atleast an hour without any results.  :evil:

Have you misplaced his entry point or something?  :roll:

I haven't touched any of the scenes, but it is quite possible it was modified since version 1, as most places had new scenes designed before I started code work on this mod.  I have not gone through every scene to verify all entry points.  Those quests won't exist in the finished version, so I'd suggest just avoiding them for now as your results may vary.

Thanks, I'll take a look, but I believe I've got that one squashed.  I went through every single village on the map (boy, there's a lot!) and added the required spawn points for the bandit attacks the other day.

I thought the peasant training spawn points were completely different, but if it's the same, then no worries. That would certainly make it easier instead of adding another 2 points to every village.

I think they share the same entry points as bandits as well. I tend to find them in the same places, at least.

Elenmmare said:
I think they share the same entry points as bandits as well. I tend to find them in the same places, at least.

I've not done any of the village or native quests in this since mod since I plan to eliminate them eventually.  So your experience may certainly vary with them.  I have fixed all the bandit attacks that occur at night time, hopefully it fixes the peasant attacks as well.

seriousa, we got a minor problem with sea haven, the townspeople always try to commit suicide by attempting to walk of the ledge and into the sea, plus i found two npc's with nothing else to do but to spin around at where they stand. And the arena of sea haven, ohhhh... so fun to watch people drop off. but some places are not smooth, like a step and the ai can't cross it for some reason. Love the town....

screen1-23.jpg

The two townspeople trying to get nausea.

Kardiophylax said:
Khandrak said:
I think it's funny as hell, personally  :lol:

I always took him to be a very depressed guild leader who was ready to jump under the pressures of Illoriaon life.

BUT, I can move his entry point if need be. 

WhysoSerious, make sure you place entry points 32 through 40 if you change any more arenas.  These are critical to proper spawns in the melee battles.

Also, the Sea Haven arena seems wacky with the bridges everywhere and the water.  the AI does not seem to work properly.  I had an archer underwater shooting a guy on the bridge who just kept walking into the edge of the bridge, never falling in to fight.  :smile:  I'm thinking something else may be needed.

Also, check out the Eaglewatch arena.  I modified it right before release and created two fighting zones.  It makes things a bit different and interesting I think.

i say make the arena at sea heaven two boats fighting it out rather than the bridges

Nikola said:
Kardiophylax said:
Khandrak said:
I think it's funny as hell, personally  :lol:

I always took him to be a very depressed guild leader who was ready to jump under the pressures of Illoriaon life.

BUT, I can move his entry point if need be. 

WhysoSerious, make sure you place entry points 32 through 40 if you change any more arenas.  These are critical to proper spawns in the melee battles.

Also, the Sea Haven arena seems wacky with the bridges everywhere and the water.  the AI does not seem to work properly.  I had an archer underwater shooting a guy on the bridge who just kept walking into the edge of the bridge, never falling in to fight.  :smile:  I'm thinking something else may be needed.

Also, check out the Eaglewatch arena.  I modified it right before release and created two fighting zones.  It makes things a bit different and interesting I think.

i say make the arena at sea heaven two boats fighting it out rather than the bridges

problems with using boats would be that ranged fighter would be useless as hell and the fighting space is limited to two teams.

problems with using boats would be that ranged fighter would be useless as hell and the fighting space is limited to two teams.

And what about a 'donut' arena? That is, making the ring bridge wider. This way missile troops have still room to survive and fight, and melee troops gain a bit more mobility. And make solid railings (is this the word?) to avoid swimming tournaments happening anymore. Just my 2 eurocents.

Edit: It's not a ring, its square shaped. Sorry for the misconception. Nevertheless I still humbly think that making it wider -if possible-, and with solid railings to avoid swimming, could improve that arena.

Back
Top Bottom