Scenes - Problems, Issues, and Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

SEIGNEUR_VIKTOR said:
So, I've managed to join the Blighted Plague, and get the Necromancy book, it states that I am granted +5 to Necromancy and +2 to Leader ship as long as it's in my inventory. Problem is, I don't see the Necromancy skill and Leader ship skill has another name. So, the bonuses is useless, is it not? As to the bonus in the sword of one companion, Aslen I think, +2 to Power strike, but this skill has a different name?

It is NOT useless. Go fight a few battles. The Necromancy ability allows you to recruit a few "revived" troops after battles. Though I'm not sure if it works when you have a full party.

It is NOT useless. Go fight a few battles. The Necromancy ability allows you to recruit a few "revived" troops after battles. Though I'm not sure if it works when you have a full party.
[/quote]
But what about the others bonuses, e.g +2 to Leader Ship or Power Strike, it really do not work at all.

Are you sure it doesn't work? It might not show the actual improvements in your skill log, but I'm 99% sure that the bonuses do work correctly.

Well, my skills before and after I used the items were the same, I have not noticed any change. Because there is no indication, I really don't know  whether the bonuses work correctly. So, the question popped out.

Hmm, have you tried adding up your leadership points + your charisma and seeing if your maximum party amount makes sense?

I've checked, it took time for those skills to work, mean that I had to wait for sometime so the bonuses could be added. But, there is still no Necromancy in the character screen, is the skill supposed to be at 5 forever, or I have other ways to increase it?

SEIGNEUR_VIKTOR said:
I've checked, it took time for those skills to work, mean that I had to wait for sometime so the bonuses could be added. But, there is still no Necromancy in the character screen, is the skill supposed to be at 5 forever, or I have other ways to increase it?

I dunno about "increasing" it, but it isn't supposed to show up in the character screen anyway, since it isn't based off an original skill. For now, just be glad that you get free soldiers after battles.  :wink:

Hey guy's. I just made me a account for these forums. I've been playing this game now for about 2 months or more not really sure, but it owns. I'm not sure if this is the appropriate forum for a suggestion but here it goes, I'm not sure if this will work because of the strain it would put on the engine. but I cant really act like I now how it works do to the fact that I just started taking game designing classes, but here is the idea. In the desert like areas where the Feron Tribe's own bases like. Felonar's Rest and ect. When you go to fight them your armies should have like a water shortage of some short do to the fact that your attacking them in their land where they already have a abandonment water supply. so you should like suffer Strength failure. for example. Paladins would have to take of their armor or collapse in it, or infantry they use heavy weapons would have to equip smaller ones. Like I said I don't know if that would work but, if it did and you cause like the Idea I would make fight for the more renown cities harder. because a water shortage would kill off HUGE armies fast.  :cool:

I don't know much about modding, but I doubt that your suggestion is possible. And if it is, it'll probably need some rather tricky coding to make it region specific.

well from what Ive been checking into It could work a lot like the Wounding System in Native Expansion. but its just a suggestion. haha anyways this game rocks.
Hope I can be as good as you guys when I get out of collage or will I'm in collage. btw Aetheus cool pic man. lol funny

Hey, check out the module system and see if you can help. Current coder is in hibernation :lol:

As far as i remember, one mod in the past successfully added time affected status, such as in example, the lycans being stronger and faster at night, and similar to human stats in the day, while having more tracking and other skills at night as well. So your concept is basically shifting the focus to territory as the focus instead of time right? I think it is possible and it might need a fair bit of codes (in other words, instead of using one factor which is time, you need to use four factors, since there is one home ground, and 4 foreign ground, while asaleth and illoriaon could share the same ground, for all the factions, that means 25 things to code in and compile and do bug catching :wink: )

As far as equipment changes go, we already have that piece of basic code (asaleth knights drop their lances for maces in sieges) but currently it's still far from perfect.

As for a wounding system, i don't think the current player would want that, or a permadeath system. Lands of Talera are harsh and currently unforgiving, normal battles are hard enough to fight without dying and faction fights are juz downright insane. Perhaps in the future we might impliment a side quest for you to turn into some sort of spirit ( become like the witchking in LOTR) by giving up your living body, sounds like a good idea, but insane to script i guess.

Sounds cool. and I did'nt mean Dieing per-say. I mean like if you go unconscious you would lose Strength... hence the wound.  but I was using that as a reference for the water thing. but ya sound awesome Ive been checking all through the forums for this game. so I could see the Ideas already stated and eck.  I love listening  to the plans. I hope to design games some day and like I said I'm starting Collage for it. the game owns so far. lol im still stuck trying to find the Gales King lawl.. as far a making it harder. it just makes it feal Realistic like to me.. more indepth. and it makes you more prepare. instead of running in by yourself and taking on 20 at once lol. that or I just play to much lol

difference between this and native

native : I solo sea raider on foot no problemo

Talera : I get pwned by looters if i'm not careful. Plus even the most basic unit's damage is jacked up to show that in talera, one wrong move is all it takes to die

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
difference between this and native

native : I solo sea raider on foot no problemo
Note to self: dont try to take on Feron Songworthys with a melee weapon and some adventurers  :shock:
lost my first character to them when i got hit for 120 with one swing and ended up being carted around the whole continent for about 3 days, then i joined the Planelords and was doing well until i got hit in the face with a throwing axe from the feron front lines, about 100 feet away.
WARNING:WALL OF TEXT

Suggestions - give some Planelords a small amount of armour piercing arrows for use against heavily armoured foes? as of now assaulting and defending a castle with planelords is nigh on impossible if you are against a foe with decent armour and/or shields, as they all hide behind them and the archers waste tons of arrows on one soldier - call some specialized archers Bark-Breakers or something, they have very strong bows that take ages to fire, but only have a small dagger for defense. they should also be elite troops on the level of Druids and cost about twice as much as normal archers to make it slightly more balanced.

Another idea is to give the blighted plague some super high tier troops called Undead Necromancers, they cost about 500 florins a week, but they can summon additional undead troops and increase the effectiveness of the abomination and other Blighted plague spells. You can also absorb them to increase your base necromancy skill - necromancy should be a skill unlocked once you join the blighted plague, only increasing it through Necromancer sacrifice or through practice - there should be a special way, like a quest or shrine, to increase it to a high level though. The way of getting troops right now from the BP is slightly annoying, since you have to recruit from villages or win battles, with villages giving you the best troops and reviving troops giving you mediocre troops at best - why make them exclusive?  Just make it so that reviving troops gives you the same troops you would get from a village(BP villages should be populated by zombies, no?) so that you can actually get decent troops from fighting and would make the BP more of a threat, because as of now they get wiped out most of the time as they end up getting armies of Revived corpses that you can slaughter in the thousands very easily. Either that, or make it so that you can combine the weak troops to make better ones - much better system.

Heh, good idea. I'll fiddle with that the next time I'm on Windows :razz:.

haha cool. I feal like im Typing to much. but this game owns. I don't know if the has been said yet but Paladins could get LoH {Lay on Hands}. I'll sound like a nerd for saying this but I was a D&D person. and fantasy like this owns. the Druids seem like they already have a Tranquility. {AoE Heal}. so that was cool. seem like they need a Pet spell for like treants since they practically die in 1 to 2 hits. that or maybe I'm just not paying attention. haha trying to keep myself from going ballistic with ideas I need to remember that that requires alot of work and functions that the program you use for the game might not have. but like I said I dont know much about how it works atm. still reading C++. sorry about the typos that I might have missed when I post this.

kk cool. I'll read that also. and learn it as well. thats great. Multiply learning things. makes it more interesting anyways lol. just bought the c++ book now I'll buy the Python one. I heard there almost alike.

Back
Top Bottom