Author Topic: Scenes - Problems, Issues, and Suggestions  (Read 21300 times)

MarcusValerius

• Veteran
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
Re: Scenes - Problems, Issues, and Suggestions
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2009, 11:16:00 PM »
I thought the peasant training spawn points were completely different, but if it's the same, then no worries. That would certainly make it easier instead of adding another 2 points to every village.

Elenmmare

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2009, 04:10:52 AM »
I think they share the same entry points as bandits as well. I tend to find them in the same places, at least.

Kardiophylax

• "Yes, I'm still retired. My apologies."
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2009, 04:15:41 AM »
I think they share the same entry points as bandits as well. I tend to find them in the same places, at least.

I've not done any of the village or native quests in this since mod since I plan to eliminate them eventually.  So your experience may certainly vary with them.  I have fixed all the bandit attacks that occur at night time, hopefully it fixes the peasant attacks as well.

Cookie Eating Huskarl

• Marquis
  • Intentionally creepy.
    • View Profile
  • WBVC
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2009, 03:30:54 PM »
seriousa, we got a minor problem with sea haven, the townspeople always try to commit suicide by attempting to walk of the ledge and into the sea, plus i found two npc's with nothing else to do but to spin around at where they stand. And the arena of sea haven, ohhhh... so fun to watch people drop off. but some places are not smooth, like a step and the ai can't cross it for some reason. Love the town....

The two townspeople trying to get nausea.

Darkstar707

• Haz a cookie
  • Sergeant at Arms
  • Vēnī, vīdī, vīcī. ~ I Came, I Saw, I Conquered.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2009, 06:57:10 PM »
Naaa they are drunk..

Attempt at adding realism to the game I say.. :P
Join the community of Exilian! A modding community for mount and blade and other great games! We are currently offering free subforums for modders, if you are interested PM me or Jubal.
Quote from: Ruthven
It's a typo; they happen sometimes.
You were wrong to make a typo and you will go to hell for it, and you deserve it.

Why.so.seriousa?

• Sergeant at Arms
  • lets put a smile on that face of yours
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandit
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2009, 09:04:04 AM »
yeah, i've learnt how to sort those things out, i'll try my best to fix that later on.
Quote from: RanGer_SLO
Quote from: alpha zizzle
y u so man :( :( :( :(
I was born that way. SORRY FOR NOT HAVING A VAGINA!

Khandrak

• Sergeant
  • If others had not been foolish we should be so.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2009, 03:28:11 PM »
I think that it's most likely that they're tripping. I've done similar things as such.

Nikola

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2009, 10:51:26 AM »
I think it's funny as hell, personally  :lol:

I always took him to be a very depressed guild leader who was ready to jump under the pressures of Illoriaon life.

BUT, I can move his entry point if need be. 

WhysoSerious, make sure you place entry points 32 through 40 if you change any more arenas.  These are critical to proper spawns in the melee battles.

Also, the Sea Haven arena seems wacky with the bridges everywhere and the water.  the AI does not seem to work properly.  I had an archer underwater shooting a guy on the bridge who just kept walking into the edge of the bridge, never falling in to fight.   :)  I'm thinking something else may be needed.

Also, check out the Eaglewatch arena.  I modified it right before release and created two fighting zones.  It makes things a bit different and interesting I think.

i say make the arena at sea heaven two boats fighting it out rather than the bridges

Cookie Eating Huskarl

• Marquis
  • Intentionally creepy.
    • View Profile
  • WBVC
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2009, 11:15:20 AM »
I think it's funny as hell, personally  :lol:

I always took him to be a very depressed guild leader who was ready to jump under the pressures of Illoriaon life.

BUT, I can move his entry point if need be. 

WhysoSerious, make sure you place entry points 32 through 40 if you change any more arenas.  These are critical to proper spawns in the melee battles.

Also, the Sea Haven arena seems wacky with the bridges everywhere and the water.  the AI does not seem to work properly.  I had an archer underwater shooting a guy on the bridge who just kept walking into the edge of the bridge, never falling in to fight.   :)  I'm thinking something else may be needed.

Also, check out the Eaglewatch arena.  I modified it right before release and created two fighting zones.  It makes things a bit different and interesting I think.

i say make the arena at sea heaven two boats fighting it out rather than the bridges

problems with using boats would be that ranged fighter would be useless as hell and the fighting space is limited to two teams.

miki

• Squire
  • Desperta ferro!
    • View Profile
  • WBWF&SVC
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2009, 11:53:22 AM »
problems with using boats would be that ranged fighter would be useless as hell and the fighting space is limited to two teams.

And what about a 'donut' arena? That is, making the ring bridge wider. This way missile troops have still room to survive and fight, and melee troops gain a bit more mobility. And make solid railings (is this the word?) to avoid swimming tournaments happening anymore. Just my 2 eurocents.

Edit: It's not a ring, its square shaped. Sorry for the misconception. Nevertheless I still humbly think that making it wider -if possible-, and with solid railings to avoid swimming, could improve that arena.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 10:09:21 PM by miki »

Davie

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2009, 10:04:29 PM »
I killed some bandits and looted one "third tattered scroll...Serathar...".  It appears to be a book, showing my reading progress and the like, but I can't read it off my my camp menu.  It just doesn't show up on the list of books.  Am I just missing something here?  Or does this need to be fixed?

Glaehron Turaanen

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2009, 11:15:11 AM »
I don't think it's meant to be read like a regular book from the camp menu. The Scrolls of Serathar all contain lines in their description when you mouse over them. See it as reading the cover of a book. Since it's only a scroll, you only have the cover to read. :)

Elenmmare

« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2009, 08:42:19 AM »
Aye, its not meant to be read.

Come to think of it, we really should have just taken them out.

Kardiophylax

• "Yes, I'm still retired. My apologies."
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2009, 12:25:33 PM »
Aye, its not meant to be read.

Come to think of it, we really should have just taken them out.

Good idea.  I can do that for Version 3.  That way people may stop complaining about a true quest for Serathar not being ready.

Of course, I never would have done that without your blessing, since it was your implementation and idea.

Fatescalling

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2009, 10:55:09 PM »
 I've got to say this is a fun mod, nice music and interesting factions, but I have a few problems with it.

1. I'm not sure if it's possible, but could you change the color of quest parties.
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
4. I don't know if it's me, but asyleth calvary is destroying my feron army almost every time unless I out number them by a wide margin. On the other hand illiarion calvary goes down easy.
5. I found the feron really in need of formations, they seem to distance there selves out to much and get killed easy unless you hold their position and wait to attack. Though I did enjoy actually using some strategy besides charge.
6. Also on Feron I think there numbers need to really come up some or Asyleth/Planelords/Illiarion strength needs to come down quite a lot, as it is currently for my games Asyleth and the Hill Giants  is more then a match for Feron not including the others.
7. Lastly thanks for listening and making this fun mod