Einskaldir Lab

Users who are viewing this thread

Einskaldir

Squire
My first model (thanks to highelf video-tutorials).

sinttulo1bw2.jpg

Based in this helmet.

gengkhanao5.jpg

Now I try to texturize it xD

It's very encouraging to see others learn to ways of moddelling.  If you need any help at all with the textures, if you need Photoshop assistance or ideas, just let me know.  Your model looks great, although if you could.  The (sides) should probably be curved out a little (in reflection to the picture).

Still a very nice attempt. :smile:

May I ask, if this helmet is indeed complete, would you grant us permission to use it for Epsilon.  :mrgreen:

Thanks a lot! Sure that I need help xD

Texturize is harder than moddeling (or as they say). This is a little bit conversion of previous helmet. I had enough problems with texture the helmet, always give "internal error: badarith" (when I try to "unfolding"), but then it got. I think the problem is the helmet, because when it cut in half, appeared lines should not be.

helmetpr3.jpg

As you can see, my texture work is a crap xD

And I am really glad if it is used in epsilon. If you want, I send you the model for to (better) texturize xD

:shock:
Wonderful textures and beautiful modelling there Einskaldir.  Although the netting which appears to be some type of rattan does look a little weird.  Should I add you to the team as the Little Bit of Everything person? :razz:

Ye, is rattan, because I'm searching a cool leather/scale texture and for now I don't found, meanwhile, use rattan xD

Until Wei.Xiadi's veredict, I think that proof to made other helms or shields.

I'm do it, now seems more a "normal" helmet xD

mongolhelmetarm0.jpg

Only the horsehair looks ugly ¬¬

2nd picture is a lot better, one issue though.

You're directly using pre-existing raw material to form the textures.  Now using raw material is good, but a direct copy/paste is bad for many reasons.  You need to lower the contrast of the leather cape, it's far to bright and in your face.  To do this add an overlay filter with 50% opacity and advanced fill and then mess around with the colour gradient options until your leather looks a little bit more 'tarnished'.

There are other things you can do as well to not make it look so shiny, buy dulling down contrast and brightness to give it more of a 'realistic' look. 

Apart from that it does look impressive.  Horse hair is always hard to do, find 1 texture that seems to fit the theme, then you'll need to personally draw in the details using shaders and effects. :sad:

Great work though - and this helmet will definately be in Epsilon.

mongolhelmetbyn2.jpg

Better? Perhaps too dark, I do not know  :???:

I tried to low the contrast & brightness, and add a B/W gradient map to the metal & leather, and some effects to the haircrest.

Is necessary to mapping before texturizing? I tried to add textures without map the model and (seems) to be added either.

In the case of this helmet, it is mapped, but I'm trying to make a shield to practice and I have seen that the mapping does not appear to be necessary.

Signed:

The Little Bit of Everything person xD

EDIT: The horse hair of my model has too many polys, is because (I think) that its harder to texturize. So, as they say in my land, "cut by the healthy" and no more megapoly horse hair. Stole a horse tail from the game and no more matters.

monghelmcrinag6.jpg

Anyway, look better, but not enough.

I have a question.

I don't kown how little is the answer.

It's possible to make an armor (yes, I'm thinking to try make armors u_u) with a shield incorporated to make the real feeling of the mongol's shields?

Because the mongols still holding the shield to shoot the bow.

Good morning xD

Armour is quite hard to do.  You need to rig it before it'll even work ingame.

As for can armours have shields, yeah sure..you could have a huge plated shield on the back, shoulder..leg..wherever you want (altho it will look stupid in game if its on the knee xD)

But as Pali said, he could have you hold and shoot (i have no idea how he'd do that, being as inexperianced as i am in that field but hey) its better then nothing.

And Einskaldir, what happened to that helmet?  The horse's tail looked great in the first few pictures, but, no offense, it looked all weird and crappy in the last one. xD

Pali Gap said:
And Einskaldir, what happened to that helmet?  The horse's tail looked great in the first few pictures, but, no offense, it looked all weird and crappy in the last one. xD

That's because (as he said)

He used the Native part of the fur as his own had 'issues' with texturering.  Still we'll see how they look in game before we mess around any longer. :grin:

Yeah, I was out all weekend, and I know, the last horsehair is rubbish xD

I want work in this "issue" this week and finish another helmet. This new helmet is more elaborated, like a khan/general helmet. I hope that is well xD

mongolhelmetckr8.jpg

And, the general's helmet (not finished).

generalhelmetaw0.jpg

Definitely I don't know enough of texturing art.
I think it will be better to leave it to you.

That looks really good, it needs fixing/editing.  But it does look pretty sweet. :smile:

Keep trying mate, you'll get there eventually.  I can fix up the 2nd helmet for you if you cant.

Yeah if you have msn, add me : [email protected]

Send me the files there, if not use a uploading site and drop me a PM with the download link. :smile:

Oh and keep up the good work.  I can see you becoming quite the artist at this rate :grin:

Okay.  I recieved the files you gave me and I UV mapped the helmet for you.  Now the texture took me like 5 mins to do, so I apologise for it's shabby appearance.  I'll fix it up later on, it's 12pm and I haven't slept in like 24 hours :grin: so my mind isn't up to producing work of any value whatsoever.

helmetside1.jpg

helmetside2.jpg

Everything is in order.  I just need to sleep or drink lots of coffee before i open photoshop again. :razz:

Back
Top Bottom