Weapon Issuses

Users who are viewing this thread

I noticed in the mod which is awesome that there are some minor weapon problems such as:

1. weapons appear in a armor, goods and horse shops.
2. many weapons are typoed.. i.e. Hallberd, its spelled haliberd. Cimintar is supposed to be
Scimitar. Just as examples

SandmanX2 said:
I noticed in the mod which is awesome that there are some minor weapon problems such as:

1. weapons appear in a armor, goods and horse shops.
2. many weapons are typoed.. i.e. Hallberd, its spelled haliberd. Cimintar is supposed to be
Scimitar. Just as examples

About the typos you are right. But to appaer in goods or horse shops I never saw it. Only if you sell the the weapons it takes a while to clean the inventory.

I just checked the wiki. It's halberd (or halbert). Only one "L".

I found no Haliberd in the item list. You must be mistaken. I corrected Scimitar and Halberd. It will be addressed in a small patch. If you find something else just write here and it will be checked and corrected if needed.

Heh, seems Luigi did this on purpose so weapons names wont coincide.
Another item is ' Galive' as opposed to 'Glaive' (Luigi's glaive vs native glaive)

Best to give it different sensible name of course, but it will require certain effort and creativity. Same argument goes for duplicate names of armors (2 types of Bascinets in game right now).
Example:
'Croatian Glaive' or 'Yalen style Glaive' will do better than 'Galive', etc etc

IMO hooked pike (I possibly just made a mistake in name of the item :razz:) is overpowered - it inflicts about 67 damage with 300 range IIRC. This thing is a doom to cavalry which is ok, but it kills my character in rhodok plate armour on foot in two hits :???: That's damn wrong

Slaad said:
Best to give it different sensible name of course, but it will require certain effort and creativity. Same argument goes for duplicate names of armors (2 types of Bascinets in game right now).
Example:
'Croatian Glaive' or 'Yalen style Glaive' will do better than 'Galive', etc etc

I like your way of thinking. You could be one of us.  :grin:

Keep them comming boys. I corrected Glaive, Sallet, Scimitar and Halberd. Also soldiers are now Halberdiers.

I am preparing a small patch. Some units are tweaked. Some conversation is corrected. Some player kingdom renamed and most important Patrols have now player flag. All save compatible.

NICK.ALTMAN said:
I am preparing a small patch. Some units are tweaked. Some conversation is corrected. Some player kingdom renamed and most important Patrols have now player flag. All save compatible.
May I build a tabletop altar for you?

Two of the helms seem to be considered cloth/leather armor even though they are obviously heavy metal armor:

This Great Helm:

mb001vj6.jpg
mb002jz9.jpg

And this Barbute:

mb003xm7.jpg
mb004ip2.jpg

Also, note as the Great Helm has quite low an armor value; I think its stats should be on par with the top helms available.

There are a few inconsistencies like these... I'll try to post them when I see them.

is the noble sword intended to do piercing damage when you do a slashing attack with it, i also believe that the scimitar that the bandit lords have also does piercing damage with the slashing attack.

Maan said:
Two of the helms seem to be considered cloth/leather armor even though they are obviously heavy metal armor.

Also, note as the Great Helm has quite low an armor value; I think its stats should be on par with the top helms available.
Yes, this disturbed me either. The great helm which grants 23 looks really good and I'd like to use it, but its low armour value makes it less useful..

Maan said:
Two of the helms seem to be considered cloth/leather armor even though they are obviously heavy metal armor:

This Great Helm:

mb001vj6.jpg
mb002jz9.jpg

And this Barbute:

mb003xm7.jpg
mb004ip2.jpg

There are a few inconsistencies like these... I'll try to post them when I see them.

Good job. Well I will remove that helm if future version cause it's bugged. The head sticks out in the back. No units use it and I left it cause I was lazy. Barbute will be corrected. If you see stuff like that please post it here and I will correct it. It happens cause I joined 300 new items and sometimes you just don't see the obvious.

Well, I actually enjoyed the names since they are variations on the names of the items and, incidentally, all are correct. Salade for example is a variation of sallet and so is galive. Some could say they add to the mood of the mod.

The same could be said of barbute and barbuta, though the latter is not included in the mod.

Agent Griff said:
Well, I actually enjoyed the names since they are variations on the names of the items and, incidentally, all are correct. Salade for example is a variation of sallet and so is galive. Some could say they add to the mood of the mod.

The same could be said of barbute and barbuta, though the latter is not included in the mod.

Hmm. you may be right there. But I would like to have it all in correct English grammar.

Correct English grammar? You're stepping into pretty murky waters there. :razz:

I don't think I've seen the words bascinet, sallet or scimitar too often in the Oxford English Dictionary. Do as you will, though. I will enjoy the mod regardless.

Agent Griff said:
Correct English grammar? You're stepping into pretty murky waters there. :razz:

I don't think I've seen the words bascinet, sallet or scimitar too often in the Oxford English Dictionary. Do as you will, though. I will enjoy the mod regardless.

You are right agin there. I just check it on Wiki. And from there I check the spelling. But it all minor issues.

Enjoy anyways.

NICK.ALTMAN said:
Good job. Well I will remove that helm if future version cause it's bugged. The head sticks out in the back. No units use it and I left it cause I was lazy. Barbute will be corrected. If you see stuff like that please post it here and I will correct it. It happens cause I joined 300 new items and sometimes you just don't see the obvious.
Glad to help. :wink:

I'll try and catch all the ones I find... don't have a lot of spare time to play (I'm an oldster with a job, etc. :razz:), but I like to help when I find a mod I like. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom