Recommendations

Users who are viewing this thread

Kasnar

Sergeant
Love your guys mod...really good but theres some bugs and other things needed added and fixed....

Fixed:
Many many many type-o's....and very often when assigned missions you get a description for something completely different...one my of guest descriptions were "the village of ?????? was raided by Ulusamai's party and belir is fighting you to collect his taxes from his town"  or something very similar...and when speaking with a new character for the first time i always get the message "You are done following his army Kasnar nice to meet you".........yeh.....other places with same problems...

Needed:
I turned on music and listened for hours and didnt hear any throat singing! Make a patch errr something and add some good mongol war music....here a good one for a main map travel..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVkJ1Bf-QzU

You know what's really funny is that I had that very song in the music for map travel. :razz:

Seriously!

But, I long ago remembered that you had to get permission from the owner of the copyright to use music from Youtube in a mod, and so I had to take the music down on part of my inability to do so.

And just so you know, the error with all the dialogues where you get something completely different is all related to one thing in game_variables.txt and has been fixed.  And what typos?  It disgraces me to think that I have made such a horrid mistake.  By typo are you reference the beforementioned error or an actual typo?

And, just to tell you, Suggestions For the Improvement of any of the Projects is really already there just for this purpose.

But thank you for your input, it is wonderful to see support in this form. xD

by typ-o's i ment that 1st problem lol sorry,

really? thats a dam shame...howd you get the music you have now? perhaps i could look into it and find some throat singing for you. Or...w/e...il help where i can....im not a technical kinda guy but im good at finding models and stuff....i think you change the bows to look better...il post pics in offical suggestions fourms.

Changing the bows is beyond the abilities of any member of the project as current.  Bow meshes are far more complex.  There are three parts, braced (but not drawn), drawn, and in the holster or on the back.  Each model looks of course very different, but whatever changes you have made have to be evident in each state of the bow.  You would have to have a similar bow available to see what it looks like drawn, and all my bows are two-thousand miles away right now. :sad:

And I would be indebted to you if you could get some good music with permission from the composer or artist.  That is definitely something we want. :smile:

Although, with a file size of 86 mb, and the fact that music takes a lot of space, any more would be sort of exorbitant, especially as our mod sucks.

dude the mod far from sux lol i personally love it! just godda sand off the rough edges...and when you guys are done...im sure it ill be a gem :smile:

Well, thank you sir, it's comments like that that we like. :razz:

Heh, your avatar is from the same collection as our main.bmp. xD

Ok for people who don't seem to know copyright infringement properly.  It is against the law to host, use, tamper or edit (in any way shape or form) material from an existing author if it costs money to purchase (or unless you have consent, but who the **** would give you that).  However, for most free distributed music, art or work.  It is by no means illegal to use that, since it hasn't been copyrighted to anything (its free produce for all to use).  Having a thanks to that individual always helps but it isn't against the law.

A friend of mine said he knew a Mongol site that was full of free mongol music (official music too) which then bypasses most of the copyright laws since it isnt purchasable/stealing.  It's a free distribution.  Maybe we should scout those areas for the music. :smile:

Pali pap..(cough)...grammar...(cough)..we all suck at grammar these days.

Why do people use a comma before and, and is a natural PAUSE unless you use it just like I did. :grin:

If you're Russian you can buy all the music we really want for less then 2 pounds and put it on a game so that it isnt illegal.  Heh, its funny - everyone buys cd's really cheap from russia because it isn't illegal for them and therfore, for us.  It's brilliant :grin: I think my dad got 20 CD's for 10 pounds or something.  Now everyone just downloads..ILLEGALLY. xD

we hear it on youtube for nothing...thus its perfectly legal to take it from you tube and put it on the game...cause its free on the tube...

Heh, except You Tube is a free streaming site that doesn't promote the downloading of the music/or video in question.  meaning it is still illegal to use anything from You Tube since they do not own the copyright.  Only if the author himself has put the download for the song as free does the free thing even count.  Still, I guess my sister who is a lawyer would no more about copyright infringement then I do.  xD

Kasnar said:
we hear it on youtube for nothing...thus its perfectly legal to take it from you tube and put it on the game...cause its free on the tube...
I was actually going to say the same thing but i didnt really care.

I've "jacked" plenty of songs from youtube in my time. I doubt Janus or TaleWorlds would get in trouble either way since no one from their company decided to take the music. You dont work for them, and had you not asked no one would notice.

I suggested this before, I listen to it personally. Altan Urag for music, same music used in Bodrov's movie "Mongol"

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=SBNqY5pBU-4
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=0SQ9bp09s_w&feature=related

Contact for copyright maybe?
http://www.altanurag.mn/en-extra.htm

I thank you for that long and detailed response.  Of course, in the future we will contact any artist who's music we would like to use in Mongol.  I will not solicite illegal activity in the Mongol Series. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom