Spin your yarn here! Tales of Valor and...errr...Courage!

Users who are viewing this thread

Here I think I can try to do a story thing so here goes

It was about midday on the swadian plains, Sir Gowe at the time Leader of The Solamnic Knights with some squires and local militia where patrolling territory that bordered the Khergit Tribe lands. It was a good mornings march when suddenly the squire scouting Gawain had run up to the group out of breath and speechless...For their lands where being raided by non other Than the kerghits elite YYY clan of Veteran archers and Lancers.

Sir Gowe being a bit hot - headed that day could take non of it
He brought for an Ear Shattering Battle Cry that was heard a mile away(this taken from raided Khergit Libraries)
and funny enough the battle cry was
SOLAMNIA!!!
as this happened he had his best squires lure the YYY to a field with a huge mountain that went up 90 degrees from the bottom
meanwhile The Solamnic Knights where about to engage The Defenders of Faith had heard The Battle Cry and new a righteuos calling was at hand
Sir Gowe giving his battle readining speech called out for his infantry to hold a line for the Crossbow men to fire behind of
as thing was happening he appointed  6 men 3 of each side to protect any flanks coming at The Knights
The first skirmish was just to test out the others strength and The Solamnics had done a terrible job all badly wounded
but then to our Luck
The Defenders of faith and Epic Beard man with his band of Calvarymen had come to our aid
the DoF had bolstered our spirits and helped us all fight even faster
I remeber fighting with a companion of mine Baron he shot about 5 people in front of my own eyes before engeging those close by
The Squires did what they where told and fought on with vigor
I personally have to commend Sir Tristan and Sir Gawain for such blade mastery
and Epic Beard man  with his men kept flanking the enemy so greatly we came out as the Victors
after catching up with fellow brothers in arms we all decided to part ways for King Harlaus Was rallying all his men for a campagin against The Rhodok because they had taken Derchois castle from him  :mrgreen:

The Defenders of Faith , Epic beard mans Horsemen and The Solamnic Knights
being of the swadian faction where victorious over The Khergits archer deadly horse men of the sand

To say the Least these are just one of the Stories of The Solamnic Knights

*Takes a knife and cuts meat* ''Come here laddie, I will tell you a story while the meat tinderizes.''
I walked to my old father and wondered why he still called me ''laddie'' I was 18 and dit not feel like a child at all.
I took a chair and sat on it and kept on listening. Father continued '' A long time ago there was a day like no other, everthing was wrong, the meat forexample was rotten my sword was dull''. Father kept on cutting, ''And the worst part was it was dark it is always dark deep in the Kerights terretory''. Once father told me about the kerights, King Harlaus once sended 30,000 of his finest knights against Sanjar Kahns 23,200 finest horsemen and horse archers, not one of the Knights returned.... While the Kerights suffered 45 death or wounded.
Father kept on telling ''I took my plate armour on, equiped my sword and walked to King Harlaus as orderred.''
King Harlaus was the king of Swadia but not many knew of his past, my father did becouse father was his so called ''Right hand''.

I WILL CONTINUE LATER BECOUSE BARCA AND REAL ARE PLAYING ( El classico :grin:)

Well, I was screwing around with cheats ones day, and mustered an army of literally 1,000 recruits... And went off with a whopping 2.9 speed. This is the way the Revolution ends. Of course someone tried to come after me, so I met them... I decided to go into the battle... Found and nice hill, and waited... I saw them slowly comming ( Swadian Calvary ) And my heart sank... How can I do this? Around 30 knights would tear me APART... So I said my prayers and waited for the charge.. I decided to try and get a glimpse of it... Yeeaa... BAM! Like a knife through butter around 5 of them got through with no trouble... The other 25..  No so much. They actually got stuck. STUCK because the wall was so thick the horses couldn't break through, and plop, plop plop. Screaming and yelling from horses and knights alike because of the massive hordes... I finished with 500 people left... I was feeling pretty good about myself... And made my way to Revaydin (SP)... And then met a war party of pissed off Swads.

a cold breeze... nothing more told him that the day would be hard except the cold breeze sweeping in from the coast.

as he sat on Fredrik, his horse through many battles, he watched the steed sniffle the ground while waiting for a command. he looked up again, focusing on the distant sun, and watching as the horizon exploded in a myriad of colours, red, blue, white, yellow, green, pink...all unique, all beautiful.

he was thinking over the events that led him to this sunrise, and his thoughts went astray... some joyfull moments when victory had become his, some horrible memories of fire and villages, some sad because of the loss everyone felt in wars.

Praven behind him was standing tall, it was a poor town, most knew that, but it was a grand town anyway housing the King of Swadia himself, and being the centre for politicts and trade in western Swadia. he turned in the saddle, watching the sunrays shine on the keeps towers and he was reminded why he had loved Praven from the very first time he arrived until now. he never cared much for Calradia as a whole, but Praven had something about it...

he was torn from his dream when he noticed the men under his command was ready to march, the men at arms and knights on their steeds, with the footmen and the crossbowmen on foot. he noticed his old friend among them, at the fore of the line of soldiers, and he always smiled at the memory of them two togheter. it had been many months since they met in Reyvadin, but it always was a memory he smiled at. then he turned his head up again, looking at Pravens mighty walls, and knew it would be long until he saw them again. and so, he raised his arm, and made the signal for moving out, and the array of men and horses started moving forward, with himself at the front and his lance held high.

he knew where they were going, he knew that men would not return to see Praven again, but he also knew that they would follow him beyond the tundra of Vaegirs lands should he ask them to. but they marched, and he smiled. their destination? war.

the party small army passed Suno, heading sout-east, and arrived at Reindi Castle, where the guards opended the gate for their lord, the nobleman Alovak, and the army marched in, banners flying in the air, and then took up residence in the castle while the guards shut the gate behind the rear guard as they entered.

Alovak gathered his officers and locked himself in a room inside the keep, while the army he commanded rested in the castle. the Sergeant outside closed the door, and then stood guard there, as the officers sat down with a map over Calradia. and so, for the first time since they broke camp at Praven 2 days ago, Alovak told them his strategy.

"As you all know, Calradia is awfully quiet right now. Not many monarchs are at war with another, and we Swadians have more luck than anyone else. the Sultan Hakim is a strong man, but his followers appear to be weak, seeing as they had a war with us Swadians, which ended in a white peace, as well as the Khanate, also there a undecided war. they did worse against the Rhodoks, losing Weyyah Castle. now, we are at war with them anew, and this time we are not occupied by anyone else, thus we can focus all our might on the Sultans armies. i intend on taking a stronghold, anyone in general, but aiming for a town, preferbly Shariz, seeing as we hold Caraf Castle, it would be easy to defend against our enemy. this will take away all their western holdings, and make their frontier bend inwards into their realm and making a defence harder to maintain. we leave here tomorrow, and we stop first at Ehlerdah, and gathering even more supplies."

and so, the army marched out again, a day after it arrived at the castle, and it travelled to Ehlerdah, bought fresh food in ample supply, to make sure they could sustain a march through the Sarranid dessert. but, as time would show, not even the most carefully built plan can predict what will happend, and about 2 weeks after they left with the intention of taking Shariz, they stood before a new situation, which changed their focus.

war cannot be predicted.

burning villages... what is the point of it? they always rebuild temselves, repopulate, and return to the shape they were in before. and it only makes the people of the land hate you. but apparently, money is more of a concern for the Counts of Swadia than honor, which makes Count Alovak stand out from the rest. where others simply pillage and loot the enemy villages and towns and then sell the loot in towns of their own, Count Alovak have yet to harm a single peasent or town populace, even their buildings are left unharmed this far, just because he knows that by doing, he is no better than the corrupted ideals held by all other Counts of Swadia, and from the other realms for that matter. Alovak values the land and the people living by it, and after he had arrived at Praven, so many many seasons ago, he took an oath that he would not see this land be torn apart just like his home island had been.

he knew that the war would never end, even if one realm took all castles and towns as theirs, just because there will always be one person there who thinks he or she is a better ruler than the current one. and so war never ends, it just takes a rest...

Alovak looked upon the town infront of him, Ahmerrad, and he saw how the walls were standing tall, but not in the same shape as the ones of Praven, Dhirim or any other Swadian Town. of course, this was only logical, seeing as the troops were just as different, not carrying as much armor as his own men. but what cost them in battle paid off in between. he had lost a lot of strength to the heat, but not enough to back away and retreat from the dessert. he would do what he set out to do. take a fortress. the ladder was raised, and had not been brought down yet, so he raised his sword, and his army behind him did just the same. and so, the assualt of Ahmerrad was underway. Swadian Knights against Sarranid Mameluks, two nations colliding in one epic clash.

war never ends.

ever thought about how a wave splashes against a shoreline, and then disperse into nothing? walk to a beach, my friend, and watch the fury of the sea match the rock solid land. now imagine if the waves actually started, piece by piece, tear away at the beach... imagine the beach being torn apart, by wave after wave after wave of water. now imagine the shore is the outer walls of Ahmerrad, and the sand is the Sarranid troops there, garrisoned to protect an important town of the Sultanate, and imagine that the waves are formed by coats of plates, swords, morning stars, lances and shields, helmets and boots of metal forged in the workshops of Swadia...

the battle was fierce, as Alovak and his men attacked the town of Ahmerrad. clibming the ladder, shields risen so that the arrows and javelins of the Sarranids did not harm his men, altough a few of the enemy were lucky, hitting the forces assaulting them, but to little use. the Swadians climbed the ladder, and started hacking, stabing, slashing and sticking with their weapons, pushing by pure brute force through the wall of men defending. one by one, the Sarranids fell, while few Swadians joined them on the blood covered ground. then, the Sarranid forces broke, the knights pushed through and cut down the last of the defenders at the ladders top. more soldiers came from the citadel in the town, but they were too late to keep the Swadians off the walls. Alovak had already breached the walls. archers in towers and other fortifications saw themselves, clad in light leather and armed with swords and bows facing knights in coats of plates, full metal helmets, shields of finest quality, and the weaponry to match. the towers were silent after the slaughter, no more archers alive to fire on the Swadians that reinforced the men on the walls.

war is brutal

over 300 graves were made after the battle, a few Swadian, but most of them, well above 200, were Sarranid mens last place to rest. the town was in Swadian control, but the countryside was a far different matter all togheter. while taking care of the battles aftermath, securing the town, taking firm control, a scout had arrived from the Swadian homeland, and told Count Alovak of grave news...

he could still only imagine what chaos the realm would be in. fighting the Sarranids was a challenge in its own right, but at the same time prevent Khergit horsemen from raiding villages and castles, possibly even the town of Dhirim at the same time? and having the Rhodoks trying to reclaim Ergellon Castle, his very own residue, as well as Grundwalder Castle and the town of Veluca? no, this was a war with 3 realms combined soldiers against Swadia. he was already told how his own Reindi Castle had fallen very quickly, and that the army could not assemble in a orderd fashion to bring the enemy down.

Alovak thought about the situation while eating an apple. the fruit was really a blessing in the preassure from the heat, and it helped cool his mind. he had always liked apples for some reason, he could not clearly remember why, but he liked them very much. as he ate it, he thought about the good news the scout had brought with him. and he stood a little taller when he thought about how he was elected to take Ahmerrad as his own fief, along with its villages and lands.

he knew it would be well treated, for he did not intend on just taxing the town for profit. he wanted it to grow, to prosper and to become a wealthy town. but wealth does not come so easy when war rages. Khergits and Sarranids was always in the area, and he was far away from Swadian homeland. he could barely keep the town in peace from a siege, but the villages had suffered some. one was looted, but the other two was kept safe, barely, but raiding parties was always there, just lurking outside his grasp.

war affects all

Alovak looked over the horizon as he had finnished his apple. the sun was setting, casting a glimmer of light over the roofs and towers in Ahmerrad, playing a magnificent drama. but he was troubbled. his own army was undermanned, he had lost some 20 or 30 men in the assualt, and more were lost each day preventing the villages from being looted and the town from being besieged. Alovak knew that his Swadian knights and other men he had brought with him was not going to last forever, so he had started recruiting volunteers from the Sarranid villagers around his fief. not many joined, and he knew why they did not want to join an army that was more of a invader than a protector.

but thoose few who joined was well treated, not seen as an auxiliary part, but as a succesor to his knights that were being picked off, one or two per battle. the knights were indeed formidable, but not invincible. they died just like other men, and he had lost more than half his knights to various enemies. the Sarranids were to replace them, not support them, and he had to bring them up to knightly standard, or as they referd to themselves, Mamelukes. he watched as the sun set, and he walked back inside the keep, passing his guards as he went to his bed. he knew the coming times would be hard.

Alovak had been the lord of the town for a week almost when the guildmaster from the town had come, by request, and spoke to Alovak about the towns situation. as it turned out, Ahmerrad was the most dangerous town you could travel to, and Alovak knew that it was only reasonable, seeing as it was deep within Sarranid lands. he could only try to prevent raiders to plunder caravans and the villagers, but he could not be everywhere. as the guildmaster had left, Alovak walked outside of the town, and mounted Fredrik, who still was alive and would not fall so easy to a few raiders, despite what arms they carried. and once more, his knights and mamelukes rode out, with its footsoldiers supporting them once in battle, and they searched yet again for raiders and villans of the road.

war is hard

for once, the wind was still, letting Alovak breathe without worrying about sand and dust getting inside his nose. as Fredrik walked along the dunes, his knights were behind him and talking, cheerfully. many Swadians had fallen, and many Sarranid forces had replaced them... but despite the cultural differences, they were not that different. they were all under the same banner, Sarranid as Swadian, and they were all talking in their time just patrolling the dessert in search for raiders.

the first tell is always the dustcloud. whenever something moves, it makes a pillar of dust appear behind it. this makes a sneak attack impossible, and ambushes can only be used if you have not moved for a long time, so the dust dont give away your position. Alovak saw the dust cloud far ahead, but he knew that it was only one man, because it was not a big cloud. as the scout returned to Alovak, he told his lord of hundreds of Sarranid forces being on the move just straight ahead, heading west and would cross Alovaks path in the evening. Alovak orderd halt at once, and started preparing for the battle at hand. no signs would tell the world of this battle. only the men who survived it.

as the evening settled, and the sun was close to the horizon, the dust cloud from the 300 Sarranid troops were spotted. Alovak knew this would be an outstanding time to test if his Sarranid forces could truly replace his lost knights. lances were made ready, swords in their scabbards, armor was put on and adjusted, shields put on and steeds mounted. banners were to fly high, and hooves where to make thunder, men were to clash, shields would be broken, swords would cross, lances would shatter.

war is swift

would really appreciate some feedback on Alovak, so i know if im just spamming or if you want me to continue...

in the upper right corner of each post there are three buttons, quote, modify, and remove. These appear only on you're posts.
use the modify to cut and paste you're posts into one big one, then the remove button to delete the defunct posts.

My turn!

I just came from a hard fight with many losses. I went to a city to sell all the things I got from the earlier fight. I also went to the tavern to see if their was any mercenarys, I looked around and I saw a farmer, I knew that it could only mean one thing. That his village is under attack. I go and talk to him and he tells me where the village is. He told me that it was Odasan, my own village. I went their as quickly as I could. It was fifty forest bandits, and their was only twenty in my party. But I had to fight for my village so I charge for the enemy. I got a good start but after a while they had almost killed or knocked all of my soldiers. It was only me and a Hired Blade left against sixteen of them. I charged with my horse and sliced them one after one with my twohanded sword. Then i see my hired blade surounded of almost all the enemys that where left. I dismounted my horse and tried to fight my way to him, but there was to many. I got surounded to, I kept swinging my sword against them but they owerpowered me. And when I thought that this was the end of the fight I see my Hired Blade slice them down one after one, until there was only two left that we took down together.

And that my friends was the story when I got saved by one single soldier that never gived up and only kept on fighting for he`s master.

Kazzan said:
The Hired Blade was a true hero... Wish I could name soldiers who has done valiant deeds.

Then I have a good one for you
This was back in the old mount and blade was still awesome
It was me and 40 hurscarls 50 swad knights and 40 vaegire archers defending ourselves against of course
THe most hated faction the Khanate.
The Khan himself was walking our way with his archers
so I had my archers hold fire.....waited for them then we charged all the infantry
so its 130 vs 600
we manage to kill off half the forces
trust me I had to run back a few times not wishing to die wih no shield and just picking shields up lol.
So we all fight my archers shooting into the flanks and all
Huscarl axe's and khergit swords clash
Swadian knights with there bastard swords after so many collisions (since the fight was long most of the shields broke..If I remember only 5 knights had their shields)
But then I get shoved off the ladder (fortunately few enemies to fight my way back YES)
I run up the ladder ,stupid 1 ladder, with my arming sword and shield i picked up and we are now 120 men
but my men are clogged up because  of bodies I suppose.
but I have 2 knights with me we hacked and slashed the rest of the khanates
2 bastard swords and an axe now gashing heads and slashing ribs open. I remember getting 1 lord who came later to the skirmish
with a throwing knife ( :grin: BOOYAH ). arows still flying but those arrows supporting us 3 valiant men.
the stupid khergs had to run away like dogs when we where done it was a win or die moments and we won
quite a good battle.
that they ran away when King Harluas came.
(To save my ass)

this was on warband but i was goin back to a town of my faction when im interceptedby a khergit lord during the fight i was on the horse when i see a khergit on the horse runin from 3 of my knights and i just tought what the hell i fired an arrow (didnt aim) and i kept goin to slash their lancers when i see a message on the corner of my screen

Head Shot!
delivered x damage
shot dificulty 6.1

Sir.Dell awoke and pulled his sword from its scabbard as a mountain bandant rushed him he slashed and downed the bandit he grabbed his holy garb and cry-ed to his fellow crusaders "Rise my crusaders now is the time for us to be the sword of god" his men came charging out and slaughtered the bandits the rode hard to a poor village and razed and plundered it in the name of god.when all was over only Sir.Dell was standing and an arrow had pierced his heart he heard the voice of god as he died"killing is not my way but peace is fighting in my name is how you fight for satin be peaceful and preach only defend yourself but do not fight in my name"

"One mistake, just one mistake, and your dead". That was what my Master used to tell me. But those days are gone. Those days are long gone.

I lifted my gaze to the sky and sighed. It had been a long day walking across the cold, harsh mountains of the Vaegir Empire. I pulled my fur coat tighter around me and continued on my journey. I'd been sent by Them. Them who I do not know.

"There once once a warrior, hardy stuff was he, who travled the world, and saw all there was to see."
That was part of the song, but I can't remember the rest. I doubt I ever will remember. The only thing I know about it is that my Mother made it. I sang this over and over when I was sent by Them. It keeps me going.

Back
Top Bottom