vote for the next faction that should have faction equipments

which faction should be next... after the ferons....

• Illorian

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Asaleth

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Plagued

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Planelord

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay now as you guys know... we have been working on transforming the ferons into mean green fighting machines but i think it would take some time as some of us have unforeseen problems in our everyday lives slowing down progress... but i did finish making meshes for other factions but they are not yet textured yet...

and i also still need ideas for the crusader's helm

so this poll is juz to see in the mean time what direction i should go for while making meshes for different factions... i myself will not vote yet as i would need to first make some textures for the ferons... but i'm out of ideas currently...

if any good texturer stumble by.... pls know that any help would be greatly appreciated as i can't really texture decently

edit : and pls reply some reason as to why u think the faction u voted should be next

edit 2 : ok i went for the planelords.... my reason?? becox there are some models made for them already by elvenbow but not textured yet i assume... and i wanna make fancy bows...

edit 3 : juz for precautions... ur votes might or might not affect the flow of our work i'm not sure... but most of it would be either depending on the availability of ideas for faction items or the codders themselves... so if ur faction did not make first... go prepare ur angry mob with torches and pitch forks and head to kardio for retribution... lol... jk jk... wun wan that to happen :razz:

well i have an idea for ferons head but for crusader... i'd say one already made is good enough imo, the plate one, around 50 head def NOT winged. seems to me like a crusader helm :/

also i got you an idea for ferons helm ^^
war-hornhelmet.jpg
altho longer horns would be better

i voted for the dead guys :razz:
theres alot that can be done for them, from bone equ to mere decayed ancient wepons and making their lords look dread instead of oh so very much alive

adila said:
well i have an idea for ferons head but for crusader... i'd say one already made is good enough imo, the plate one, around 50 head def NOT winged. seems to me like a crusader helm :/

also i got you an idea for ferons helm ^^
war-hornhelmet.jpg
altho longer horns would be better

i voted for the dead guys :razz:
theres alot that can be done for them, from bone equ to mere decayed ancient wepons and making their lords look dread instead of oh so very much alive

hmm... i need a new helm to accompany the new armor mesh i made... the native great helm looks like a booblehed to me...  :grin:

the feron helm looks good... i'll let khandrak know...

dead guys need more... undead guys.... yup ur rite on ur part there

Voted Illoriaon since they will be the next one I write quests for.  All the factions need new equipment though, so any/all stuff would be good. 

I voted plagued for the same reasons above. Also, as they are they get owned by the sheer numbers of the other armies. As soon as one of them gets an acceptable sized army they get mobbed by 10 asaleth and illorian armies.

Defiance said:
I voted plagued for the same reasons above. Also, as they are they get owned by the sheer numbers of the other armies. As soon as one of them gets an acceptable sized army they get mobbed by 10 asaleth and illorian armies.

It is really hard to say that based on the first version of the mod.  Things have, and will change a lot.

The Blighted Plague in my opinion are in the LEAST need of new equipment.  The reasons being:

1. The battered shields are adequate for the damaged items they would have.

2. The weapons they use are mainly stolen from their enemies, so they wouldn't be carrying around ornate stuff not found elsewhere in the game.

Really only their lords need some new gear.  They could use an armor improvement, but they already have an undead body mesh.

Eh, personally I'd like the new gear to be released by faction, and have it coincide with the codework being done.  Next release will be for the Illoriaon faction.  I have most of their quests and ideas already planned out.  I think their gear could use some spice since they would be using a lot of really holy/religious looking gear, and Native really doesn't have this.  It would also offer a stark contrast to the first release,  which is a lot of dark colors and themes with the Feron. 

**** the Blighted Plague. I don't want to do all the brutal/evil stuff all at once. It's time to do something holy.

Khandrak said:
**** the Blighted Plague. I don't want to do all the brutal/evil stuff all at once. It's time to do something holy.

LOL, well, if you don't want to do them, then I guess that about rules out the purpose of this post.  I figured you'd want a break from the dark stuff, which is part of the reason I figured Illoriaon would be a good choice. 

Well, Khandrak did make one new model for the Blighted Plague.  Check out this image to see a sneak peek at the new horseman line. 

headless.jpg

Original image I posted was resized rather then resampled.  Edited to make it look more like it actually does in-game.  The new model is not so much a new model as a lack of one.  These are the headless horsemen.

Haha, yes and it took me about 5 minutes to make and get working correctly. Not exactly a complex model to make >.>

need me to give the horses a meaner look?? and can someone add some fire particle effects to the mane and behind the hooves... headless horsemen need to be riding on nightmares!!

Don't forget fiery eyes.

And that helm linked above is what I'm going to base the player helm off of. Thanks for the link :wink:

*here comes an archer and headshots a headless horseman. how is it possible you ask? its a bug.*

just a quick joke :razz:

i'd love to be a headless horseman tho. wouldnt have to spend money on a helm and i would be lighter ^^

maby make a quick halloween patch and add a Jack o' Lantern instead of their non existing head.

I'd personally much rather have an invisible head that can be shot than a pumpkin head. It just wouldn't feel Talera to me.

Besides, a headless horseman is just cool.

Anyone else agree?

Wow, if you guys could make a "Nightmare" horse, that would be amazing.  There are two ranks of horsemen on the Blighted Plague:

1. Headless Horseman

2. Unholy Disciple

I'd probably keep the horseman on the black saddle horse and upgrade the Unholy Disciple to the Nightmare, if we had one.  Again though, Blighted Plague is of secondary concern to me.  The Illoriaon are next up.  I was  grateful that Khandrak was able to make that headless look for me so quickly though.  It really made this tier of the Blighted Plague happen for me, because I wanted to give them some horses, but at the same time wanted them to be unique as compared to Asaleth and Illoriaon.

so in conclusion they are light or medium calvary with low speed horses... nightmares could be done... it juz needs a blacker than black retexture of the normal horse and some particle effects that i have no idea of doing... i think elenmmare knows more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom