Adila's Banner creation

Users who are viewing this thread

adila

Regular
i figured i'd be pretty much spamming the topic with "we need banner artists" kinda name so i made this one since like i already sayed, i'd be spamming it since im for sure gonna continue making ALOT of new banners.

I'm gonna update this first post regulary so that it can always be on top of the topic and not lost in oh so many (i hope atleast) comments.

Feron Tribe -
DualSword.jpg

SwordNbattleaxe.jpg

FeronHeadsSword-1.jpg

FeronHead-2.jpg

FeronHead1.jpg

Blighted Plague -
skull5swordsNormal.jpg

DeadEyes.jpg

Undead1.jpg

Illoraion -
ShieldHammer2.jpg

IllanoianMosaic-1.jpg

IllanoianHammer.jpg

The Planelords -
MagicBook.jpg

Asaleth -
dvorac.jpg

Random -
WingedSword.jpg

all of those except for the leaf and skull (only parts) are made by me. so yes i did make the warhammer... took me good 1h to make it >.<

Hey Adila. First off, thanks for putting in the effort to help this mod.

One of the biggest issues with banners is consistency, so that different themes aren't flying all over the place. Since some of your banners have very clear images on them, how about you try adding a mosaic filter to them?

Most of your banners would look good for personal use; if the player can choose them to represent his army. While the factions already have banners made, these could be used for the player to select.

An example of consistency:

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh122/Elenmmare/Elf1.jpg

See, I took your original banner and spiced it up so it'd fit in with the other banners.

allright. sounds reasonable. could you or someone in team send me rar'ed/zip'ed pics of current banner distribution pls? So i can see the consistency and try to make banners with similar themes as those already set in place and hopefully to replace most if not all of them.

[email protected]

Having a large selection of banners for the player to choose from would be great.  That way, they can either choose to show their faction banner, if they choose, or strike out on their own with their own unique banner that while not the same, fits the same theme.

Nice work guys, and thanks for be willing to put some time in.  We really appreciate it! 

adila said:
allright. sounds reasonable. could you or someone in team send me rar'ed/zip'ed pics of current banner distribution pls? So i can see the consistency and try to make banners with similar themes as those already set in place and hopefully to replace most if not all of them.

[email protected]

Well, all the banners we've made so far are in the banner creation thread. When more are made, they will be posted their too.

sorry to say im using fireworks not photoshop hence if you need filter like that u showed me u'll need to do it urself lol sry!

but thats why fireworks eased my job with the sword and souch that i done 10 times faster than i would in photoshop.

Ah, I see. No worries, I'll help you touch up your stuff.

By the way, I use Gimp; its free, and in my opinion better than photoshop.

Gimp sounds... Gimp... i hope the name doesn't suite it at all LoL!

also people should keep in mind im updating first post constantly with new content as i make it, or remember i made it some time ago and then put it in lolz

ok so i'll make low quality banners for lords and souch but someone just post with explenation how it should look like.

other than that ill make high quality banners for players.

that is if HQ banners can also goto lords im up for that, same thing for me.

(also i installed the Gimp program so i can work with mosaic and stuff BUT HQ banners realy look bad in mosaic imo >.<)

also i'd like to post my own :razz:

An example of consistency:
Feron Tribes: colors: black,bloody-red, fiery,gray
                  equ: swords, axes

Blighted Plague: colors: deathish, bloody-red, black
                      equ: decayed swords (claw of the sovereign is a sword so i guess that should be their main thing)

Illoraion: colors : gold, silver,blue
            equ: shield,mace's,hammer's

The Plainlords: colors: green, magic (many colors trying to provide an effect of magic), purple
                    wepons: staff,book, bow(im bad at making bows , help plox)

Asaleth: i have no idea about em, they are well balanced i guess, stone kinda textures, gold , all equ if any at all.

ermm... the undead claws actually ain't viking sword implants... thats kinda like a placeholder while i find time to design a model that looks like a katar with a protective layer on top

doesnt realy matter... its just that i made the sword look decayed and undead-ish thats all hehe. guess i should modify it in *decayed wepons* kinda thing

The lords will all be sharing their king's banner.  Unlike native, which is based on feudal times, these lords are all servants of their king, and not just a loose group of nobles who come together to create a defense.  That said, the faction's will only need one banner each for enemy lords to use.  I want to create the vision of united kingdoms fighting each other.

On the mosaic issue, personally, I like the mosaic look the way Elenmmare has done it.   

The player can choose whichever one they want, and if you want to work on replacements for the selection of native banners for the player, that's great, we appreciate it.     

ahhhh now ya tell me lolz. allright i got it.

but most of those (all xept the *leaf* one) pretty much look realy bad if in mosaic. but after what ya told me i know what kind of them should i make.

think ill add a bow and staff to the book one and it should look pretty neat for what you need for Plainlords, ahh and maby a tree as background.. i'll see about it right away

Alright. Some comments :smile::

The Feron banners seem a bit too civilized to me. In my opinion, they'd look better if they had rougher edges, colours, or even different weapons.

The first Blighted Plague banners looks good, but it too crisp and clean. It also doesn't follow their main colour scheme. The rest... well, because of the, err, certain resemblance in design, might lead to some hilarity and questioning of sexual preference on the battlefield.

The Illoriaon banner is a good design, but doesn't really follow their scheme; the colours are a bit off, and a hammer isn't really their type of weapon.

The first Planelord's banner has already been commented on, but the image is too pixelized to look like a banner. The second is simply a joke, I'm guessing, and the final looks actually quite good. I wouldn't change it much, unless a lot of it has been taken from other pictures..?

Asaleth's banner seems to be too bright in colour, and I'm not sure what the design is supposed to be.

You're making progress, but remember, theme is the most important thing.

Elenmmare said:
Alright. Some comments :smile::

The Feron banners seem a bit too civilized to me. In my opinion, they'd look better if they had rougher edges, colours, or even different weapons.

The first Blighted Plague banners looks good, but it too crisp and clean. It also doesn't follow their main colour scheme. The rest... well, because of the, err, certain resemblance in design, might lead to some hilarity and questioning of sexual preference on the battlefield.

The Illoriaon banner is a good design, but doesn't really follow their scheme; the colours are a bit off, and a hammer isn't really their type of weapon.

The first Planelord's banner has already been commented on, but the image is too pixelized to look like a banner. The second is simply a joke, I'm guessing, and the final looks actually quite good. I wouldn't change it much, unless a lot of it has been taken from other pictures..?

Asaleth's banner seems to be too bright in colour, and I'm not sure what the design is supposed to be.

You're making progress, but remember, theme is the most important thing.

well i just put in wepons ferons use, maby different designs of wepons but tottaly different kinds of wepons like idn a bow or hammer wouldnt fit the game since they dont even use them

well im not sure what you mean by "because of the, err, certain resemblance in design, might lead to some hilarity and questioning of sexual preference on the battlefield." so cant say much heh

"hammer isn't really their type of weapon." from what i figured crusaders wepon gonna be changed intro a warhammer, and since crusaders from what i seen are spit image of paladins i dunno why not have same wepons. (currently using a 2h mace 70 swing 15 str req. sold for 5k in market :razz:)

yeah second one is just a joke ^^ and yea 1st one is too pixelized but the mosaic looks cool (since i didint make the mosaic i didint list it)
if last as in the book, its made whole by me, didint use anything from other pics. but the other pic with the tree i didint make hence aint listed here.

i dont even know for sure what to make for asaleth since they seem to be some kinda economic kingdom, they do have hill clans but... you merged 2 tottaly different kingdoms into one so... dunno.

Still, you've made some very nice banners, especially the book one, the tree in the other thread, and the original leaf which I tweaked a bit.

next stop is feron since i got an idea for em. just gotta make proper raged face pic then add some stuff... there is something like it in feron section but imo the sword doesnt fit and its too high lvl detail.

EDIT: managed to make something like it. but just cant seem to get the right color for the face...

The 4th/last Feron one is my favorite of the Feron ones.  The swords just don't fit them since they aren't refined enough to be using those. 

could you or well, anyone get the 4th one ingame and make screenshot and post it here so i can see what i need to do to modify it.

preferaby how it looks like a banner and how it looks as an image on shield. thx in front.

Back
Top Bottom