Applicants Needed (Story Writers)

Users who are viewing this thread

hey guys, I dont have ANY experience in coding,moding texturing etc. but it would please me if i could be a tester... testing the functions and everything.

I found this map:
http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/willow/history-of-asia2.gif

Thank you sirs, for all your offers.  Unfortunately, we already have a tester, Locke Carnelia, but he rarely gets work as we usually test the work ourselves, and it is more efficient that way.

However, if anyone would be interested in writing some stories for companions and claimants, we would be more than happy to accept a writer.  The applicant should have at least some knowledge of Asian history and a decent vocabulary.  Lord Corentin is looking to be the best candidate so far for THIS particular job.

Wu-long said:
Pali Gap said:
if anybody can either draw or find a drawing of an ancient Chinese army, that'd be greatly appreciated.

During what year?

Kongol Khan said:
The storyline would probably be best worked on by someone with good knowledge of mongolian history. Off the top of my head I can name 3 people who are already helping us with historical accuracy.

There is no size limit for the team, some people specialize in just texturizing more than anything else, some with modeling. I personally am only good at mapping and maybe Asian faces if i keep working at it. So every little can be good.

Could I help? I know a minimum of Mongolian history but I love to learn more about them :smile: So i would go through research :smile:

heres some history for ya...Mongolians will kill me for saying this but:
Mongolia was nominally part of China until it became independent in 1946 after the China-Russian treaty. The nationalist's party (KMT)of Taiwan still regard mongolia and Tuva as Chinese territory and never renouced sovereignty over Tuva and Mongolia. Its the communists who recognized mongolia's independence 

Pali Gap said:
Thank you sirs, for all your offers.  Unfortunately, we already have a tester, Locke Carnelia, but he rarely gets work as we usually test the work ourselves, and it is more efficient that way.

However, if anyone would be interested in writing some stories for companions and claimants, we would be more than happy to accept a writer.  The applicant should have at least some knowledge of Asian history and a decent vocabulary.  Lord Corentin is looking to be the best candidate so far for THIS particular job.
You can't write stories?

Heh, figures.  :razz:

Thing is, I'm getting tired of writing stories. xD

And I lost my imagination and spirit a long time ago, and it is quite difficult for a cynic to write fictional stories. xD

Pali Gap said:
Thing is, I'm getting tired of writing stories. xD

And I lost my imagination and spirit a long time ago, and it is quite difficult for a cynic to write fictional stories. xD
Yeah. I was so pleased with myself after overhauling all the starting game menus in Roots of Yggdrasil, until I tested it out and realized how little work was actually done despite how long it took.  :lol:

Same here, I decided to pretty much stick with the native layout for the character creation because mine didn't really do as much as I'd hope.

You guys need peaple to create stories about characters? Tell me wich ones and male/female and il write what i can, il send the stories VIA private message and you can copy and paste into the mod or whatever.

So tell me....wich ones need stories.. (Need Names/Genders/Skills)

Just any, I base the character's stats and genders off of their stories.

Just go wild. :razz:

I need around twelve more of them, but I can do a few in my spare time, though.  It takes forever for me to do them.

Greetings, traveler!

{player}: What can I do for you?
{player_reject}: Get away, scum! (close_window)

Oh, I just wanted to talk to somebody to whittle away the time!

{player}: *sigh* What can I really do for you?
{player_reject}: There's a very friendly man over there, I think! (close_window)

Haha! My, but you are clever! I will have you know that I am, in fact, a veteran hunter.

{player}: Is that right?
{player_reject}: Then you should have no problem taking care of yourself. (close_window)

Yes it is. I have spent five years, living off the land, with nothing but a horse, my bow, and the clothes on my back! All my time hunting I have learned many things, like tracking and shooting a bow. Why, I'm so good with a bow, I can hit a marmot from more than a hundred paces away! But recently, I have been looking to employ my skills with a horse and bow to somebody that could find a different use for them...

{player}: Hmm, perhaps you could be useful to me...
{player_reject}: Well, good luck! (close_window)

Oh I could, could I? Well, for a man of my talent, I could accept no less than {reg3} coins as a down payment for my employment, and then another payment every week. What do you say?

{player}: Good, you're hired! Get your things together, we'll be leaving shortly.
{player_reject}: I think that I could get better soldiers for that much money. (close_window)

Great!

Does that work?

I was bored so I wrote this up.

Wonderful, every mod needs an arrogent bastard like that. :razz:

Thanks for writing it all up in the format, it eliminates the whole process of having to organize loose paragraphs into the right lines.

Aha! You fell for it hook, line and sinker! Now that I've done a favor for you, I have increased my chances of guilt-tripping you into doing me a favor!  :razz:

Anyways, you're welcome. I like writing, and I actually had that story in my head the second I saw the "(Story Writers)" part of this thread's title.

If it is actually possible for me to helpfully assist you, then I will certainly oblige.  However, you far surpass me in coding, and I can't think of anything else you'd ask me to do.

Pali Gap said:
If it is actually possible for me to helpfully assist you, then I will certainly oblige.  However, you far surpass me in coding, and I can't think of anything else you'd ask me to do.
Can you model or texture?

Are you a very good scene editor?!?

I can edit scenes very quickly and by my own standards well, and Steve is the one to ask for textures.  Models, don't ask, because Steve and I can't make them right, and when Haas makes them they have thousands of polys that are so small you will never see them ingame.

Good day

{player}: What do you want? Speak up!
{player_reject}: Excuse me i am busy! (close_window)

Hey i noticed you and your horsemen were armed....you are a war party are you not?

{player}: We have been in a brawl or two...
{player_reject}: No sorry. (close_window)

Well Me and my brother Suebiji were employed as Caravan Gaurds, unfortunatly while traveling through the Gobi desert we were ambushed by a massive jin army, we fought for hours but eventually the Jin got be so numerous that we knew victory was impossible, we surenderd unfortunatly...and were sold off to Tangut slavers, wich i was lucky enough to escape from in the dead of night. Now i wish to re-claim my honor and never surender again...and one day find my brother and free him.

{player}: Wow that is quite a story..
{player_reject}: Well...Good luck! (close_window)

Yes it is. The problem is i have no money and no army....so i was wondering if perhaps you were looking for a pair of hands that can handle a sword...because i might have just those hands.

{player}: Hmm...it is very dangerous on the Steppes.....i think i may want you...
{player_reject}: I have all the hands i want, I'll keep you in mind, and I'll keep an eye out for Suebiji.. (close_window)

Excellent! I can taste the blood and my brothers freedom now! But i unfortunatly need {reg3} coins to settle a debt i owe to a merchant here in town, i cannot leave untill i pay him, and of course il need paid weekly...

{player}: Your hired, saddle your horse and collect your blade, well be riding out soon enough.
{player_reject}: On second thought, i dont need you at the moment..perhaps later. (close_window)

Then off we shall go...to war...

Back
Top Bottom