Lords and Realms - Old Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boldric said:
One thing I was watching and thinking was maybe a little to easy was that when your own castle is sieged if you are weak all you need to do is run around the castle and they will follow you forever until you put enough distance between yourself and their party. Makes it really easy to take away sieges your castle wouldn't be able to survive.

I just released patch to fix this issue. Here are instructions:
1) Wait till your castle is sieged.
2) Try to self control yourself and don't exploit this game feature.
:wink:

Heh, just kidding, it's native feature and good new for all those without self control is that i know how to get rid of it, though i'm not sure if making that kind of code is worth wasting a time.

Lord Awensky said:
I have a question....

1. i have managed to change my village from very poor - to average but my castle's prosperity isnt changing...
2. what are tools for?

1. Honestly i didn't look into what changes prosperity of castles, but good that you pointed that problem. There should be a way to increase prosperity of castles in my opinion. Maybe a new building...
2. It's just commodity but your question just gave me excellent idea...

Cheers

i have another question..
sometimes i see a catapult when im sieging a castle.. doest it work? or is there a way to activate it?
also ..  does the number of prisoners increase the amount of money you'll receive from castles?

Lord Awensky said:
i have another question..
sometimes i see a catapult when im sieging a castle.. doest it work? or is there a way to activate it?
also ..  does the number of prisoners increase the amount of money you'll receive from castles?

No and No. Age of Machinery is developing siege machines feature, but it's not yet fully functional.

lastly..
i find it difficult to siege a rhodok castle
i used swadian knights and archers but still failed...
the castle only had 101 men evenly matched for my army of 100 . .
is there any tip?

Lord Awensky said:
lastly..
i find it difficult to siege a rhodok castle
i used swadian knights and archers but still failed...
the castle only had 101 men evenly matched for my army of 100 . .
is there any tip?

Well... 3 ways of winning sieges, already tested in human history come to my mind:

1) Siege with superior forces (it still doesn't guarantee sucess). Sieging a castle with 1:1 ratio wasn't tested by any general yet.
2) Crush walls with trumpets :wink:
3) Build large wooden horse, put your men in there and give the horse to garrison :wink:

And seriously in Native you could and have to win sieges with only your army. And Swadian Knights were so overpowered that you could take 300 garrison towns with 1:3 on your disadventage ratio, but with new equipement and soldiers that Lord's and Realms bring you i suppose you have to bring more man. And the new features of this mod, like Patrols and player aligned Lords allow you to finally have numeral adventage over computer.

Cheers

Moss said:
The obvious thing I guess would be if you were trying to use a "cannot be used on horseback weapon", if you're mounted try jumping off then trying to draw the sword.

Now that you mention it I'm pretty sure that's what the deal was. I just wasn't used to seeing swords that couldn't be used on horseback.

Hey man, I have a very important question regarding the mod.

In your signature, why is the knight missing a fraction of health?

Or he added in a subtle religious influence, causing a damage over time if you refuse to serve the fire-breathing, antlered unicorn of golden faith.

So anyone been able to conquer the world on 150% difficulty? Gotta say max I have gotten is two castles so far and I lost both of those within the month. Awesome mod btw and great choices on recommended settings.

vonmistont said:
Boldric said:
One thing I was watching and thinking was maybe a little to easy was that when your own castle is sieged if you are weak all you need to do is run around the castle and they will follow you forever until you put enough distance between yourself and their party. Makes it really easy to take away sieges your castle wouldn't be able to survive.

I just released patch to fix this issue. Here are instructions:
1) Wait till your castle is sieged.
2) Try to self control yourself and don't exploit this game feature.
:wink:

Heh, just kidding, it's native feature and good new for all those without self control is that i know how to get rid of it, though i'm not sure if making that kind of code is worth wasting a time.

Lord Awensky said:
I have a question....

1. i have managed to change my village from very poor - to average but my castle's prosperity isnt changing...
2. what are tools for?

1. Honestly i didn't look into what changes prosperity of castles, but good that you pointed that problem. There should be a way to increase prosperity of castles in my opinion. Maybe a new building...
2. It's just commodity but your question just gave me excellent idea...

Cheers

Vonmiston answered most of the question but here I go anyways.

Nice one vonmistont. I am still laughing. A fix.. he he  :grin:

And village develops by building improvment and kingdom prosperity which are brought by caravans and villagers going to the market and comming back.

Tools are just for trade for now.

Sieges can by one by one game exploit. Attack and retreat and hit them with your own siege crossbow. It can take a while. But large numbers of upgraded troop sare always and advantage .

And thanks about the setting. I think its the only way to go. Otherways you are to powerfull and it's to easy. For vetrean players that like a challenge that settings give them a multyplayer feeling. To comming back to saved points make you think deeply about your next move.

Cheers

BTW

I made a new sig. So we have 2 now. Grab it on the first page.

I like this mod, but... intanrry or footman so stronger, i can't play with dam nomal, AL good ( 'cause they 1 hit kill my trp T_T)
i tried place mod Armed rebalance into this mod, ( cause i like item musket and skill firearm) but i can't, my game away crash
if who can do this, plz give me :grin:
sorry cause my bad English, i'm Vietnamese ....

hey!  :mrgreen:

thanks for making this mod it is amazing!

i have a question though... how would i go about moving certain features such as the patrol creating function or the ability to have vassals to another mod? or would this be too difficult to try? any help appreciated! :grin:

First of all I got to say congratulations on making a supreme mod :grin:, I enjoy playing it.

Just a couple of questions here. First of the heraldry on the armour on the knight to the left in your sig, where is it from?, I dont recognise it from the list of banners you can choose. And secondly is there any way you can change your banner/heraldry playing this mod?

Odieman said:
First of all I got to say congratulations on making a supreme mod :grin:, I enjoy playing it.

Just a couple of questions here. First of the heraldry on the armour on the knight to the left in your sig, where is it from?, I dont recognise it from the list of banners you can choose. And secondly is there any way you can change your banner/heraldry playing this mod?

That flag unfortunatly is not in the mod. I use it for myself but I can't release it. I didn't get the OK sign.

And there is a tweak in the Magelords compilation that alows you to change banners ingame.

Also I got hold of some nice flags. I think I will release in the following patch.

Thanks mate, Yeah some additional banners would be cool.
EDIT: Scratch that I thought I had found the answer but as it turned out I hadnt.
See I wanted to decide what my kingdom name should be, instead of it beeing kingdom of the castle/town name you capture. And I went to the 82 tweaks and found an easy way to do it ( http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46290.msg1223331.html#msg1223331 )
But this didnt work.

However had this been the Native version or native expansion for example, this would have worked. Now I believe its because youve altered the way the kingdom name is given.

So basically what I was wondering about, is whether you know how I can get this to work, alternatively could you tell me what youve changed in regards to the kingdom name so I might reverse it?

I wanted to know how you coded starting your own faction and recruiting lords, thats what makes this mod my favorite to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom