Lords and Realms - Old Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
W.T.F. said:
i have battle size changer but am not talkig about it if i have 300 troops and enemy 115 when i befor starting buttle system says u have for example 125 troops fit for battle against enemys 115 ut i do have more and  i have buttle sizer limit 170
have you checked that your vassal actually "joined the battle"?

you know, at the begining of th dialog with the enemy, you can see "lord Something has joined the battle on your size" for every lord around; except sometime the chicken out.

W.T.F. said:
i changed  culture into rodokcs but i do not know why sistem chooses nords what the hell is it?  and  also want to know when my vassals accompaning me and we have toghet 300 troops in a battle appears that we are 120 or 130 and why i do not know is it bug or that?

Rhoddok culture is Nords and Nords is Rhoodok. It's a mistake.

Sometimes lords are not joining a battle, maybe he was too far?

I've noticed a discrepancy also in the battle forces display sometimes also when joining any battle. but all forces seem to show up during the battle, for some reason i think it only shows the first wave and doesn't count all the reinforcement waves as being available.

---------------------------------------------

in my game i finally struck out on my own. and i wish i could make peace cuz when i broke away my original lord was at war with 2 forces so now i'm at war with 3, is there a way to make peace with any of them in this mod?

Hey i have conquered a castle and got the knight altman i think his name is.

then i gave him the castle so i could find him to make him help me get more castle's

then when i got back from gathering new soldiers my castle or rather the knight altmans castle.

it said that the khergit khatan had the castle but i havent lost the estate or joined the khergit why do they suddenly have

taken my castle and how ? then when i captured another one to give him instead they got it to wtf is up ? any1 please tell

Bali You probably gave him a castle before You saw the information that Knight Altman joined your kingdom. Wait a little after you recruit lords untill you assign fiefs.

AlaricRoald said:
I've noticed a discrepancy also in the battle forces display sometimes also when joining any battle. but all forces seem to show up during the battle, for some reason i think it only shows the first wave and doesn't count all the reinforcement waves as being available.

---------------------------------------------

in my game i finally struck out on my own. and i wish i could make peace cuz when i broke away my original lord was at war with 2 forces so now i'm at war with 3, is there a way to make peace with any of them in this mod?
no no they are joining but not with hole troops that is my problem  actually a have 80 troops and my vassals 300 when they join we together have 125 troops not more  and it hase no sense to have vasals in this case

vonmistont said:
Bali You probably gave him a castle before You saw the information that Knight Altman joined your kingdom. Wait a little after you recruit lords untill you assign fiefs.

Well i have captured 2 castles and both went to the khergit but still why would it go to khergit when i give it to my vassal

OK, here are my impressions:

Over all, a very good mod that still needs tuning.

The good:
I really like how many of the weapons are not useable of horseback - as it should be.
I love polearms. This mod delivers and puts the two handed swords in their right context: They were never main weapons on the battle field - polearms ruled.
Awsome recruitment system, both the taverns and the bandits. Can we do the same for the sea raiders?

The bad:
The new equipment in particular is all over the board.

- Pikes are too good. I like pikes and polearms very much, but 60+ piercing damage is a little too much.
- Damage types are wrong on some weapons. I suppose you didn't intend some swords to do pierce damage on swing.
- Many new weapons have reach stat that is way off from the graphic model. You can use BRFedit to measure the length.
- Many inconsistencies between new and old weapon stats. If you meant axes to do pierce damage (which is fine), the old ones should follow this rule. Also the scale of the stats should make more sense between old and new.
- Some animations are probably wrong (the large scimitar uses polearm block animation for example).
- Some swingable polearms are akwardly held - by that I mean too high up the pole and when you swing overhead, you scratch the floor with the butt end and hit your nuts with the shaft. The zero position should be shifted down the pole (in BRFedit). I guess the rule of thumb is 1/4 of the pole length from the butt end.
- Axes (at least the new ones) are carried upside-down. The axe head should be up, or not carried on the back at all (carried in hand).

How about some new spears, since this mod is so much about pole arms? The 130-140 reach range need some fast polearms and spears will fit perfectly.
Please reconsider some of the classification of the weapons. For example, I think the new long shaft bardiche is every bit a polearm. The shorter ones are in principle also pole arms as are all the axes. How about defining every thing with a pole and reach over 100 or 110 as a polearms? Shorter poles can go into 2H category, just make sure to make some unusable from horseback so you don't couch a bardiche or a long axe.

Once the weapons are balanced, the troops can be looked into and balanced between the factions. Currently some types are too good due to their equipment being too good.

Yes, the balance in this mod is incredible screwy (especially with the 60~ damage pike, I went back to native and though "Wow, my horse is actually a target again")

Another thing is, there should be a release of the troop trees and what equipment they have, or at least more consistency. Crusaders just blow, their armour never gets better and it starts off fairly sucky, and all high end troops die to archers right away since no one has shields anymore.

The weapon ranges + lack of shields make castle assaults more annoying then fun now anyways, as you basically see your entire line die right away when they climb on the lader. Since no one has shields, the only real way to win is with 40-50 crossbowmen and parking them right behind your infantry to soak up the damage.

olliewilliams01 said:
It keeps quitting and saying "RGL ERROR: unable to locate vortex buffer"
could one of you guys translate that into english?

Do you have 1.011 Mount and Blade version?
If it's not that reinstall the mod or whole MnB.

vonmistont said:
olliewilliams01 said:

Aye brother, I am back. I traveled half of Europe. Gambaled, won, drank, skyed my ass off, survived and was off line!

I think this bug is due to having wrong M&B or some texture add on or something like that.

NICK.ALTMAN said:
vonmistont said:
olliewilliams01 said:

Aye brother, I am back. I traveled half of Europe. Gambaled, won, drank, skyed my ass off, survived and was off line!

I think this bug is due to having wrong M&B or some texture add on or something like that.

you should get your own forum. this thread will surely grow larger as time goes by (noticeably, since it's already at page 17) and you might have some trouble sorting things out then.

plus i can't wait for a screenshots thread, haha!

would you mind putting up a troop tree? I'm looking for the archers with the long bow and tabard with your faction ensemble on it (the one from your screenshot).

great job btw :grin: I'm lovin it. great customization and blending of mods.

Wow this mod has such a massive list of features and options. It really lets you throw yourself into the world and be, or play, anyway you like. Insanely good.

Like stated above a bit the only thing I could see making it better is balancing/fixing the new weapons and some better troop balance. I got a kick out of the crusader branch but they got raped pretty hard when I tried a castle siege.

Zulgaines said:
Wow this mod has such a massive list of features and options. It really lets you throw yourself into the world and be, or play, anyway you like. Insanely good.

Like stated above a bit the only thing I could see making it better is balancing/fixing the new weapons and some better troop balance. I got a kick out of the crusader branch but they got raped pretty hard when I tried a castle siege.

True, crusaders miss more pikes. Thats why they should be used carefully. I am gonna make Teutonic knight tree for 1.2.

I will not release the troop tree. Consider it exploring.

I have one question about the Pikes you are using in this mod.
Did you make them yourself and if not, where can I get them, to build them into other mods I am playing?

I got so used to them, that I can hardly play without them anymore in other mods. They are just too awesome.

Sarganto said:
I have one question about the Pikes you are using in this mod.
Did you make them yourself and if not, where can I get them, to build them into other mods I am playing?

I got so used to them, that I can hardly play without them anymore in other mods. They are just too awesome.

Got hooked, ey?  :lol:

It's a pikey world in Lords and Realms. Well it's luigis work. From Medieval Dukes and Mercenaries Mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom