The Roots of Yggdrassil (General Discussion and Download)

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello this is a very fun mod and im trying to edit the items and such as to my liking but everything i change stays the same.

other mods dont have this problem and I realized maybe you just do not want me editing it or something.

so...yeah

Nasferatu said:
Hello this is a very fun mod and im trying to edit the items and such as to my liking but everything i change stays the same.

other mods dont have this problem and I realized maybe you just do not want me editing it or something.

so...yeah

The module system came with the last version. Just edit the module system and compile it.

Also any unofficial item editor should work so long as it works for the old M&B.

thank you i edited things to my liking :smile: helped balanced everything i changed the name wine to mead first time i modded anything so im happy as hell

also to help with old norse heres some insults/cursewords

Here are some phrases in Norse/English for your use, or you can make your own from the list at the end of this post.
"Hon varr Draconian, gamla vis Hruga uskit'r."
I am a Draconian and thou art less than a heap of s__t.
"Gamla lombungr, sugandi toti tik madr."
Thou art morons, sucking at the teat of your ***** dog mother.
"Mikill Wotan! Doni langaspjot viti!"
Praise Odin! They're downwind of us!

a friends favorite:
"Kringlaugd wierd, ein spadi for qvoki ne skeifr drpr munni ne svinhqfdi!"
Gaze upon thy destiny, with this sword I will cleave your lying maggot mouth from your swine head!

I hope you many Northmen can use this lesson in language, even if it is for the purpose of insults. In the saga of Eyrbygga Snarrasonar, Eyrbygga beat a warrior of consumate skill by cursing him while they fought, causing him to get angry and make mistakes. Egil, in his saga, cursed a bersserker until he was so mad he began to chew on his shield, and with a mighty kick, Egil drove the shield up though the berserker's skull. Grettis Asmundarsonar cursed an unknown (at the time) warrior from across a river. When they meet, the man is so impressed by his courage, he gives Grettis a long boat and later you find out he was a Hertodi, or the equivalent of a duke.
In the Middle Kingdom I witnessed a fight between two Norsemen, which lasted ten minutes and each minute had about 20 blows. From the time of the "lay on" until the bloody end they called each other everything from "drinker of sheep's piss" to "eater of Axemoor food" (honest!).
Here are some solitary words so you can put together your own memorable curses or use singly for effect.

alicarl = fat churl, fatso,
bacraut = *******,
baulufotr = cow foot,
beiskaldi = gripe, *****,
blatqnn = black tooth,
burlufotr = clumsy foot,
bqllr = ball, glans penis,
braudnefr = breadnose,
brusi = he-goat,
dofni = dopey,
daufi = deaf-mute, stupid,
dragi = slowpoke,
ergi = coward/gay boy,
fretr = fart,
galti = boar (wild),
gargan = snake,
gaugbrojotr = grave robber,
gellir= yeller, screamer,
gleidr = bowlegged,
griss = piglet,
haensa = chicken,
halftroll = halftroll,
hauknefr = hawknose,
hausakljufr = skull cleaver,
hladhqnd = clean hands,
hqfdi = head,
hrafnasueltir = raven starver (coward),
hrodi = snot,
huglausi = cowardly,
inoborna = unborn,
istrumagi = fat gut,
kamphundr = carrion eater,
kerling = old hag,
kuensami = skirt chaser,
ledrhals= leather neck,
lodinkinni = shaggy hair,
lqngubak = fishbelly,
matarilli = food stingy,
meinfretr = stinkfart,
merr = mare,
meyla = little girl,
miklimunnr = big, loud mouth,
mjonefr = stingy, thin nose,
murtr = a small fish,
musa = mouse,
oflati = dandy, gaudy person,
ormstunga = serpent tongue,
oskilgetinn = born out of wedlock,
qlfuss = drunkard,
rella = gripe,
sipill = potlicker,
skirja = young cow,
skreyja = incompetent,
slefja = dribbler,
tik = a female dog,
tunga = tongue,
vifill = beetle,
vitskertr = shortwit,

Ergi is probably the most common which insults a man's honour and sexuality

Homosexuallity was worth an axe inside the skull at the time.

Hi Ruthven! I really like your mod. I was just wondering where this mod takes place? I was guessing by the geography that it was Belgium, but I am still unsure. Also, I want to suggest adding horses back in, but just to increase party map speed.
Thanks! I am a big fan of the Dark Ages and Saxons! Now, back to ripping those Rus Invaders and Boyar-Son twins a new one!  :mrgreen:

I am reinstalling this mod, hope it will work this time, last time it wouldn't load because of some weird file (and i hav the newest M&B version) xD Hope it work this time, because this mod dosen't just look awesome... It looks SOO AWESOME! : ) Love the fact that theres boats instead of horses!

I can see that the way u get vassals here not are the same way as you do it in the M&B: Warband? how does it work in this mod?

Ruthven, question. RoY crashes constantly, can you help me? When I say constantly, around 6 seconds in, the peasants that come to you for the kingdom thing will come in by sea, hit me when they're a boat, and crash me. Sometimes it just crashes on it's own, it's infuriating, because I love this mod so far. So help?

>:::EDIT:::< It stopped crashing when I reinstalled it.

Slavs are already a faction.. you just have to wait for the inevitable invasion. Not sure if you can join them, because I've never tried. I always fight against them :smile:

hey guys, i wanted to download Roots Of Yggdrassil but the download link doesn't work. is there a new link? or isn't there any download anymore?

Aethlwulf said:
hey guys, i wanted to download Roots Of Yggdrassil but the download link doesn't work. is there a new link? or isn't there any download anymore?
Heh, thanks for noticing that. I updated the links in the first post, I guess the mbrepository servers got played around with or something. For your convenience, here are the two links you'll need:

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1167 (Version 0.3)
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1399 (Patch to 0.311)

I regret to inform you that if you experience any problems, I won't be able to fix anything - I stopped working on the mod a long time ago. It should still work fine though.

I tried to play it but it says

"RGL ERROR - Unable to open file: CommonRes\costumes_a.brf"

What does that mean? Is there anything I can do to fix this? I know you're not working on this mod anymore, but is there anything you can do to help?

Does this mod make it so I am unable to plat native after I set it up?

No, what woud make you think so?

Put it into your modules folder and just start it up, no problems at all. Don't forget the latest patch posted at the top of this page.

Back
Top Bottom