The Roots of Yggdrassil (General Discussion and Download)

Users who are viewing this thread

Ruthven said:
It just doesn't have that subtle savagery to it.

They're good, but they just don't fit...

Well in referance to odin, perhaps, The Hammer, The Thunder: A Viking Epic just throwin out some ideas.

omzdog said:
Ruthven said:
It just doesn't have that subtle savagery to it.

They're good, but they just don't fit...

Well in referance to odin, perhaps, The Hammer, The Thunder: A Viking Epic just throwin out some ideas.
How does that reference Odin?

Spudmeister said:
How will units cross from one ship to the other?
It's set up so that the ships will drift towards each other, then stop when they're side by side. For now, the soldiers just stand at the edge of the ship slashint at the other one, but with some editing I can make some boarding planks and such so they can go from one ship to the other.

if it's to be a prequel to fury of odin, how about
"The Way of Loki"

with a lot of references to how the influence of the Son of Lifey is creating chaos and evil in MIdgaard?

Would also give you a nice central plank to the whole thing, a bit of structure etc...

Odin was known as Val-father ("Father of the Slains"), since he received half of the fallen heroes in battles, known as the Einherjar. These heroes wait for the coming of Ragnarök (Ragnarok), in Odin's great hall, called Valhalla ("Hall of the Slains").

Odin had another great hall, which was called Valaskialf

Father of the Slain
Blood of the Einherjar
Father of the Dead
Feast of Odin
Norse Wrath
Odins Revenge
Einherjar
the fallen
Slayer: a Viking Sagga
Beserker

Fury of Odin will be so hard to top, it is so simple and to the point

I think it would be a shame if you remove the horsemen!
During the 8-9-1000 th century the danes was particulary famous for using hosemen as flanking troops.
The word Huskarl actuarly means "a karl who rides for the house" (it makes more sense in danish)
A great part of the british islands was conquered med mounted vikings.

Yeah, I want this mod! I believe that it has a little better chance to be made than Viking mod I planned to make... I'm not so good in modding and too lazy. So if you make it I don't have to think about it. Well I would like try to do something myself but result wouldn't most likely be so good...

But you should remember that vikings were merchants too. Atleast I don't like the idea of only slaughtering... Although there have to be much of that too in a viking mod of course.

Tyr BloodAxe said:
Feast of Odin

Somehow I like that. :wink:

Ruthven said:
xcskiguy said:
Why don't you just elaborate on fury of Odin... And drop those damn kyrgites
That's sort of one possible idea, is just to make it take place in the Northman's homeland.

However, historical mods are always fun, so...

Got it.  Then why not add a little twist on the Nords homeland.  Instead of it just being in Denmark why not make a back story in the Calradian world, but on another continent where "Nordland" is and why the Nords decided to come to Calradia or were forced there because someone else started invading them or something.  You know just for "Creative Leeway"

Tyr BloodAxe said:
Odin was known as Val-father ("Father of the Slains"), since he received half of the fallen heroes in battles, known as the Einherjar. These heroes wait for the coming of Ragnarök (Ragnarok), in Odin's great hall, called Valhalla ("Hall of the Slains").

Odin had another great hall, which was called Valaskialf

Father of the Slain
Blood of the Einherjar
Father of the Dead
Feast of Odin
Norse Wrath
Odins Revenge
Einherjar
the fallen
Slayer: a Viking Sagga
Beserker

Fury of Odin will be so hard to top, it is so simple and to the point
I know, I would consider myself quite well-learned in Norse mythology for somebody of only 13 years of age. I'm mauling "Search for Valhalla" or "Journey to Valhalla" over in my head as possible names, but they are a little long.

Actually, as I was writing this I got another idea; "The Roots of Yggdrassil". Any thoughts on that?

DamHove said:
During the 8-9-1000 th century the danes was particulary famous for using hosemen as flanking troops.
The word Huskarl actuarly means "a karl who rides for the house" (it makes more sense in danish)
I know, however, if this was going to be based on history, the troops would all be off the top of my head. Only the map, equipment etc would be historical.

Also, I want to remove horses to make the game more difficult for a beginner, forcing them to recruit armies, making the battles much more massive and bloody.  :twisted:

Ruthven said:
DamHove said:
I know, however, if this was going to be based on history, the troops would all be off the top of my head. Only the map, equipment etc would be historical.

Also, I want to remove horses to make the game more difficult for a beginner, forcing them to recruit armies, making the battles much more massive and bloody.  :twisted:

I thought that the Danes and other Scandinavians would ride to battle, but dismount when they got their?

Valhalla was where the slain vikings were supposed to got to right?
So why not name it like "The Sending To Valhalla"?
Put all that mythiological knowledge into work.
(I know thats not a word. :roll:)

Brudelas said:
Valhalla was where the slain vikings were supposed to got to right?
So why not name it like "The Sending To Valhalla"?
Put all that mythiological knowledge into work.
(I know thats not a word. :roll:)
No offense, but it sounds a bit like the name of a cheesy horror movie.

Back
Top Bottom