Great Khan Information and General Discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

ROFL! This is the funniest attempt at a Mongol accent I've ever heard  :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0VDXxnELiM

But yeah, Mongol vs Samurai would be fun - but we should focus on just the 3 making them top mods as best we can instead of including a fourth to complicate things imo.

Subuatai said:
ROFL! This is the funniest attempt at a Mongol accent I've ever heard  :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0VDXxnELiM

Second that :lol:

-

Mongolian Cataphract vs. Japanese Samurai = Epic :eek:

Ok that accent was funny xD

US..THEY ARE FOOLS xD

But yeah, I will NOT be participating in any Mod after the Mongol invasion of the Middle East.  That's when I pretty much retire from modding, I'm getting to old to concentrate on mods, but I'm determined to put as much time as I can in completing the Mongol trilogy.  Anything after that I will not be in.

Still, let's focus more on the current subject - we're side-tracking a little too much.

So I've been thinking, we might expand the map a little and add in 2 other tribes, I need historians to tell me of 2 other kingdoms, tribes, factions, whatever that were active in this time period.

I want 8 factions in total, we have 5 (altho 3 are the chinese) so I want more Nomadic themed tribes or factions involved.

The map should be larger to add these extra factions in and I'd like a lot of concentration (map wise) for the chinese lands, i can help out there since I know the map 100% after years of studying it lol.

But yeah, 8 factions.....so we need 3 more...

Why so many factions?
Oh well - here's a list for you Wei.Xiadi, I didn't want to mention some because they joined voluntarily and the others were not major factions enough in my opinion, but you asked, and I shall deliver :smile: :

Uriankhai (Later known as Tuvans) = Joined Mongols voluntarily without resistance
Uyghurs = Again joined Mongols voluntarily without resistance
Kyrgyz = They were subjicated by force to join the Mongols
Tibetan Kingdoms = They were subjicated by force to join the Mongols (Yes, this is in the face of CCP propaganda these days who claim they've always owned Tibet)
Kashmir = West of Tibet, I can't find any records yet of any conflict, it would seem they joined without conflict under the Mongols with Tibet
Ghurid Sultanate = Iranic people; south of Tibet, North of India, no conflict with the Mongols, they were overthrown by the Delhi Sultanate (who didn't come in conflict with the Mongols until the 16th century with Babur and Mughals)

There were also Tungusitic tribes to the north east, and various Turkic tribes to the north west as well as Buriyat (Mongolic) tribes near Lake Baikal region.

Subuatai said:
Why so many factions?
Oh well - here's a list for you Wei.Xiadi, I didn't want to mention some because they joined voluntarily and the others were not major factions enough in my opinion, but you asked, and I shall deliver :smile: :

Uriankhai (Later known as Tuvans) = Joined Mongols voluntarily without resistance
Uyghurs = Again joined Mongols voluntarily without resistance
Kyrgyz = They were subjicated by force to join the Mongols
Tibetan Kingdoms = They were subjicated by force to join the Mongols (Yes, this is in the face of CCP propaganda these days who claim they've always owned Tibet)
Kashmir = West of Tibet, I can't find any records yet of any conflict, it would seem they joined without conflict under the Mongols with Tibet
Ghurid Sultanate = Iranic people; south of Tibet, North of India, no conflict with the Mongols, they were overthrown by the Delhi Sultanate (who didn't come in conflict with the Mongols until the 16th century with Babur and Mughals)

There were also Tungusitic tribes to the north east, and various Turkic tribes to the north west as well as Buriyat (Mongolic) tribes near Lake Baikal region.

If not 8..then..AT LEAST 6..pref 7.

So which of these kingdoms/or tribes are up in the table enough to be in the mod.  I played a mod that had 6 kingdoms and I just really liked that extra kingdom, no idea why - just..did..was awesome.

I want that again :grin: so i'll go with 6 or 7...maybe we can change history a little, it isn't like these mods EVER play out historically..we'll just ASSUME a what if scenario.

You cant force tribes to subjugate in this game just like that and at this time period, Mongolia had only conquered its own tribes (not sure about half of these names)...so there had to be another country somewhere that poked their heads into it all.

Kyrgyz and Tibet then, they were the only two that resisted in force. I'll give some more information later - it's 2:45 AM here

You girl, ask ben - I stayed up till gone 4:30 am doing 144 textures in like 1 and a half days (rawr)

But i didnt have college and I was buzzing for the majority of that time....^^

But yes, thank you, we have 7 CONFIRMED FACTIONS

WOOT - such progression, tears build within my EYES

Yeah but you're painting **** which doesn't require much brains at all, I'm the historian with a few beers after a long day's work and now it's 2:58 AM  :lol:

EDIT: Ok, bedtime - seriously, because I missed out on this as well:

jong836 said:
Can you Please add Goryeo Dynasty.
For more info on Goryeo Dynasty please go here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goryeo_Dynasty

Subuatai said:
Yeah but you're painting **** which doesn't require much brains at all, I'm the historian with a few beers after a long day's work and now it's 2:58 AM  :lol:

EDIT: Ok, bedtime - seriously, because I missed out on this as well:

jong836 said:
For more info on Goryeo Dynasty please go here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goryeo_Dynasty

You obviously have no idea how hard 'painting ****' can be.  But hey, lets try and pretend that telling us your countries history is so GOD DAMN HARD...

/rant

Ok, so Goryeo Dynasty should replace..what exactly >.< the tibet or...that other faction xD

jong836 said:

This didnt take place until 1231 and lasted until 1273.  The Mongol vs Chin started in 1206 with the war against the Xi Xia and then again in 1211 when they invaded northern Chin/Jin.

So..how does this fit in...I mean you want history..should we go crazy and pretend the japanese invasion was with the first chinese campaign...theres 20 years difference between these wars/history.  So i'm utterly confused why we'd want to use this dynasty..

Whats that got anything to do with it.  there are lots of countries borderlining Mongolia and china, it doesn't mean we use them.  Also we'd need to add another section to the map to fit in Korea.  You guys didn't want to use tibet and that because they didn't do much historically (they either subjugated or put up small fights)..but surely adding in a dynasty that didn't even fight at this point of time is even worse.

...I didn't mean it like that lol.

But..eh whatever, I have the Mongol beta to work on first and no one seems to know what some good afctions would be, so I'll just wait or i'll research it later since everyone ujust debates, goes off topic and then comes to some conclusion that has no relevance to the topic at hand... so yeah.

Judging from this map:
China_11b.jpg

1. Mongol Empire
2. Western Xia
3. Jin Dynasty
4. Song Dynasty
5. Kingdom of Dali

Bonus. Goryeo Dynasty

M@ster-$ said:
Judging from this map:
China_11b.jpg

1. Mongol Empire
2. Western Xia
3. Jin Dynasty
4. Song Dynasty
5. Kingdom of Dali

Bonus. Goryeo Dynasty

I was going to use the Dali as bandits/war parties.

The Mongol Empire will be divided into 2, Genghis Kahns army and the Naimans which are..the khanate or whatever..Subu mentioned it earlier.

I don't want to use Korea but..i guess i have no choice unless we use the Tibet .... hmm, i'll think about what to use.

Well, Mongol 1 is set before Temujin (but we've altered that) so it's like the (rise of temujin)

The naiman war was way after the rise, it was when there were only 2 tribes left, the alliane and genghis, and Genghis won -> then moved onto the Xi Xia for basically enslaving his people with their money.

The Mongol Expansion reflect that part of history, so the Naimans NEED to be in it, it's the idea of Genghis Kahn having to defeat the Naimans before the Jin dynasty look north with their greedy ideas, but bcause of the great wall i'm adding the Xi Xia will have to die for them to hit mongolia (which altho isn't 100% accurate, helps a lot for the balance of the game)

unfortunately the chinese kingdoms will be allied, so you still might get Jin war parties pwning you for awhile lol.

Hmm, Naimans lived in Western Mongolia and
When last Tayan Khan was killed after a battle with Genghis Khan in 1203, his son Kuchlug with his remaining Naiman troops fled to the Kara-Khitai.

And thinking of it... Temujin didn't become Genghis Khan before he defeated Jamukha, Khan of Kara-Khitan Khanate in 1206.

So it seems to be more related to the history of first mod, where you are becoming Genghis Khan.

So Naimans can be skipped.

Back
Top Bottom