Mongol Invasion Information and General Discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

A Babur invasion would be good but it really won't be a "Babur invasion" without artillery and I'm guessing that may be a pain for the relevant modders.

Artillary is present in Age of Machinery.  If we included those scripts, then we might as well take the whole lot and do hunting mod and kingdom owership.  Which makes perfect sense.

What map shall we have?

middle_east.jpg

or is there a way to attach India?

You could have other Turkic Invasions of India that are closer to the time period at hand.
Mahmud Ghaznavi - 11th century CE (Seventeen forays into India)
Muhammad Ghori - 12th century CE (Second battle of Tarain 1192 CE)

Of course you could always have Amir Timurs invasion of the 14th century CE...

Personally I was thinking more along the lines of the mongol pursuit of the Shah of Khorzems son, Jalaluddin, into India. It was said that mongol forces had cornered him at a cliff of the edge of either the Indus or the Jhelum rivers and he had jumped off into the river, mount and all. The Mongol commander was so impressed by this that he had remarked "To only such a Father can such a son be born" and forbade his archers from firing at him. I think this scene was redone in "Spirit:Stallion of the Cimarron".

good idea. Great Khan could be the most detailed of the 3 maps. or at least it'll have more "neat" stuff in it.

I have yet to start on it, so if Wei is starting on the mod already please send me the module you're working on so i may use it.

As for Mongol Invasion.... I think a renaming is in order.

I'll set a poll later.

Well we havent really gotten into Mongol Invasion quite yet.  Since thats part of 3 of our Trilogy.

We are currently concentrating on Part 1, rise of the mongols.

SaracenX said:
Hows bout you go to one of the Crusader mod threads and ask for a mongol faction there? :grin:

Hmm? ;o  Mongol Invasion is the second expansion.  We don't just want a name to pop up and smile.  We want to tell a story, that is directly related to the mongols.

Back
Top Bottom