Wei.Xiadi - Textures

Users who are viewing this thread

Decided against using armours from the OSP project, which willl limit the armour you recieve in the next update by only the four (maybe 5) i've done/or shown.

If I feel a little more optimistic I may dig into the BRF with all of the heroes armorus in it and start organising them.  I may even add a piece to the mongol brf.

This is Wei.Xiadi's armor to be used for the new version of the Black Darkhad:

bf7556tmp.jpg

Eumolpus said:
That looks very Chinese...

You are so observant.  Where ever did you learn skills like that ey?

And yeah, it does look kind of chinese.  Although the padded armour (I assure you) Is mongolian.  There will be other smaller details that I'll be adding to it.  But I don't do models, I do textures.  So if the model and Uv map were chinese themed, (which in this case it was) all i can do is try and work with what is presented.

The materials there are Mongolian and it'll work very well with the dark outfit used for those...people.  Still, when you see the whole outfit you'll know why.  If you've watched the Mongol film, those cool dark riders with the two back handed swords who gut everyone near the end.  We're trying to make that.  The armour they wore was very similar to the padded armour I was able to create.  With the helmet we have (which was just created) it should fit more of a Mongol theme then a chinese one.  But we'll see.  Maybe I can have our moddeller edit the mesh a little to add a few new details that we would need.

Thanks for your comment though.

Wei.Xiadi said:
Eumolpus said:

And yeah, it does look kind of chinese.  Although the padded armour (I assure you) Is mongolian.  There will be other smaller details that I'll be adding to it.  But I don't do models, I do textures.  So if the model and Uv map were chinese themed, (which in this case it was) all i can do is try and work with what is presented.

The materials there are Mongolian and it'll work very well with the dark outfit used for those...people.  Still, when you see the whole outfit you'll know why.  If you've watched the Mongol film, those cool dark riders with the two back handed swords who gut everyone near the end.  We're trying to make that.  The armour they wore was very similar to the padded armour I was able to create.  With the helmet we have (which was just created) it should fit more of a Mongol theme then a chinese one.  But we'll see.  Maybe I can have our moddeller edit the mesh a little to add a few new details that we would need.

Cool.
Well, it's quite easy to tell it's Chinese already. And why are you so obsessed with black coloured armour? :???: It doesn't look too good in-game..

Eumolpus said:
Wei.Xiadi said:
Eumolpus said:

Cool.
Well, it's quite easy to tell it's Chinese already. And why are you so obsessed with black coloured armour? :???: It doesn't look too good in-game..

Because Magic the Gathering said my colour was black....

and because lots of the screenshots i recieve on the mongol films have a black-tannish armour.

Though just to justify myself.  That screenshot gives my armour no justice whatsoever.  It's also not too black, its a faded black and red believe it or not (which is visible usually..that pic is just weird (and its zoomed out, not 100%)

So yeah, Hopefully the in-game screenshots will please you more.  As for the chinese theme..i know (weeps) but I can't resist, i've studied china so long i've become OBSESSED with their history.  I'm so sad, I know more about china then I do my own country. :sad:

Ok, I updated the armour a little.

I also re did the Black Lamellar armour that was quite ugly. xD

DarkOutfitfortheNinja.jpg

Black Darkhad (or whatever they're called) Armour.

BlackandGoldLamellar.jpg

Black and Gold Lamellar with a material based undercoat.

Note: I still have editing to do on them, but for now they'll suffice.  I gots college!

Things to expect, model wise and texture wise for the upcoming release: Mongol Epsilon.

Black and Gold plated Lamellar.
Dark Darhad outfit (sp)
Rextextures of Fur_coat, grey_fur_coat and black_fur_coat.
Over 40 new weapons.
A complete rehaul of all basic landscape terrain (created solely by myself using raw materials)
New sceneric textures
New Dark Darhad Masked helmet (themed by the helmet in the film: Mongol) created by Haas and textured by myself.
New Instruments created by haas and textured by myself.
New weapons, spears and special back handed sabres created by Haas and textured by myself.
Possibly other helmets.
Full body suits.
Robes.
Gers created by haas and textured by myself.
And a few other things.

Back
Top Bottom