Wei.Xiadi - Textures

Users who are viewing this thread

Wei.Xiadi

Knight at Arms
This is Wei.Xiadi's thread for discussion of the new textures in Mongol, Great Khan, and Mongol Invasion.

So we offer a HUGE thank you to <Knight> for his generosity and support.

We WILL be usiing 8 of his meshes for sure, including his gers (after being tweaked to lower poly count, as I heard they can make the game lag)

I'll also be working on adding in the armours and weapons I'm permitted to use.  I'll be adding in the new screenshots as soon as I convert them over to our brfs and get everything up and running.

Expect to see some new things fairly soon though, including weapons that I modelled myself. :smile:

So far we have a small team of moddelers and texturers.  if you're interested in offering us a model you've made, then please just show it me or PM it me directly.  I'll be dealing with the majority if not all of the items and models/textures.  Of course anything you contribute to this mod, no matter what the size will place your name among our contributors list.  if you make several models for us you'll also become a team member to help our mod.  The more people help us the better, I have no cap on how many join us or not. We're also not bothered how 'good' you are, we care more about the eagerness to learn and assist then how perfect your models have become. :smile:

Current Moddelers:
-
Wei Xiadi
Lord Rings

Current Texturers:
-
Wei Xiadi
Mertbey (faces)

Thanks in advance
Wei Xiadi

SCREENSHOTS

and..other boring information.

Ger
- All thew Ger models and textures wil lbe displayed here.  The models are lent to us by the Rise of Khergit Modification. (Yes permission has been obtained and confirmed by Knight himself).  However, the texture has been re done to fit a more Mongolian theme.  So model is Knights, texture is MINE.

GerInterior.jpg

GerNo1.jpg

GerNo2.jpg

Armours
- Models by Knight (i think), as are some of the textures. (I've left the originals in the brf/game to show our respect for his textures and work)

Armour1.jpg

Armour2.jpg

Armour3.jpg
- That texture is the original, i plan to change it soon though.

I'll be adding screenshots to the list on a regular basis, but i'll let people know when I have.  Please leave feedback and let me know if some of the textures need more work.  i have a habbit of turning lazy mid-way through a job, so...just go OI if you feel I need to add more variation in the styles or textures.  remember however that Mongolian gers are very plain, which is what I went for, using a nice texture that was the closest I could get for the picture I wa sbasing it off of.

Hmm... If i not mistaken, mongol gers are plain milk colour.. This ger look expensive though..  :razz: 

Yeah, that's what I said, too fancy.  But he seeemed to want to stick with it, and we can edit them more once we get them working ingame.

Also, to Wei.Xiadi, it is involved with the .brf file somehow, Maw says that that kind of error is usually only found with .brfs and .dds'.

I think i found out the BRf error.  So that should be fixed now.

As for the Gers, I did change them an awful lot - but I didn't really want to change some of the patterns and I did leave a slightly modifed version of the original up, just to show our respects to the awesome texture Knight DID do, maybe the tribes near Jin can have those, they did ltos of trade with the Jin so maybe they even upgraded their gers somewhat.  The chinese had advanced (beauty) in their patterns and designs before the era i study which is 184 AD and above.  so yeah, it COULD work :grin:

My next update will include.

10 weapons - varied, 3 of these are modelled by Lord Rings.

a tent - Modelled by Valthord, textured by Knight and myself (gradiant/leather textures are my additions to add originality and mongol themes)
a small ger - same as above basically.
large ger - 2 types, one which is 70% knight's texture, 30% mine and the other which is like 80% mine and 20% his.

I feel obliged to share that i do use patterns on his original texture, they're persian looking - very pretty, and just TOO orgasmic not to stare at.

Also, the chin will have some BRAND new armour from the rise of khergits models, though the textures WILL be 90%/100% different to reflect Jin armour.

In total we'll have about..5 new sets of armour, plus the variations I'll make so you'll see about, 10/20 new pieces of armour in game.

erm..I think thats about it...I'll update the screenshots asap to add more of the things we'l lbe having.

Regards
Wei

p.s. Thanks to everyone who has commented on the models and textures and another big thank you to Kight for giving us the opportunity to do this. :smile:

<knight> said:
Wei.Xiadi said:
p.s. Thanks to everyone who has commented on the models and textures and another big thank you to Kight for giving us the opportunity to do this. :smile:

No problem men,but tent model is Valthord's :roll: Texture is mine :smile:

I was just going to say the same thing. :razz:

Seriously, it doesn't matter. But I also have five or six (untextured) different tents, one is a large one which can be used as a Khan's or commander's tent. If you are interested, i may give them as well.

Valthord said:
<knight> said:
Wei.Xiadi said:

No problem men,but tent model is Valthord's :roll: Texture is mine :smile:

I was just going to say the same thing. :razz:

Seriously, it doesn't matter. But I also have five or six (untextured) different tents, one is a large one which can be used as a Khan's or commander's tent. If you are interested, i may give them as well.

That would be brilliant, I'm always looking for new gers/tents.  Just make sure the Tri count isn't too high before you send them.  With the countless other features we have I don't want to bog down the system with high defined models lol.

But yeah, i'm definately interested, you'd be credited of course for anything you contribute to the mod. :smile:

Wei.Xiadi said:
I think i found out the BRf error.  So that should be fixed now.

As for the Gers, I did change them an awful lot - but I didn't really want to change some of the patterns and I did leave a slightly modifed version of the original up, just to show our respects to the awesome texture Knight DID do, maybe the tribes near Jin can have those, they did ltos of trade with the Jin so maybe they even upgraded their gers somewhat.  The chinese had advanced (beauty) in their patterns and designs before the era i study which is 184 AD and above.  so yeah, it COULD work :grin:

It that case.. I agree... And i also notice that Ongirads also have table, chair, pillow, bed sheet, etc which make young Temujin confuse what are they for...  :smile:

Wei.Xiadi said:
My next update will include.

10 weapons - varied, 3 of these are modelled by Lord Rings.

a tent - Modelled by Valthord, textured by Knight and myself (gradiant/leather textures are my additions to add originality and mongol themes)
a small ger - same as above basically.
large ger - 2 types, one which is 70% knight's texture, 30% mine and the other which is like 80% mine and 20% his.

I feel obliged to share that i do use patterns on his original texture, they're persian looking - very pretty, and just TOO orgasmic not to stare at.

Also, the chin will have some BRAND new armour from the rise of khergits models, though the textures WILL be 90%/100% different to reflect Jin armour.

In total we'll have about..5 new sets of armour, plus the variations I'll make so you'll see about, 10/20 new pieces of armour in game.

erm..I think thats about it...I'll update the screenshots asap to add more of the things we'l lbe having.

Regards
Wei

:shock: Can't wait!!

Updated the Screen shots, the first 2 are my textures, last 1 isn't.

Also - Thanks to Knight or his team for doing the models or the originals or whatever it is they did.  We love you all for sharing the work!  :grin:

I'll be adding screens for more armours, weapons and the gers later.  I have assignments to get done...

Nice! Btw, can you pull the first armor shoulder pads longer? so it will make it look more chinese...  :grin:

SirAndre said:
Nice! Btw, can you pull the first armor shoulder pads longer? so it will make it look more chinese...  :grin:

Nope, I cannot edit any of these models.  To edit any model you need to Rig it back  - and i havent learnt how to do that yet, but as soon as I have learned how to rig, i'll be sure to make these armours more chinese like.

We have plently of models and textures to work with because of Wei.Xiadi,  and we should be able to continue work in his absence.  Starting Saturday, I have the rest of the month off, but unfortunately Wei.Xiadi will be gone for this entire period.

It's been awhile since I last posted anything here.  So here are some new armour revamps I did for Mongol Epilson..or whatever it'll be called.

Note : There will also be other armours.  These textures are original I think.  Raw materials have been used except for the odd piece, and we should be the only mod with the black lamellar plating.  I'd tell you why but, you should be able to figure it out.

Anyways - enjoy. 

MyRevamp.jpg

BlackLamellaronaRobe.jpg

BlackLamellar.jpg

BlackLamellaronaLeatherRobe.jpg

Edit: Sorry.  I added the same picture twice, it's been fixed and a new armour has been placed there in its stead.

First and last image are the same thing, but I decided to just say so rather than delete the last one on my own in case you had a reason.

Back
Top Bottom