I am gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Phoenixheart said:
I don't see my health bar when I play  :cry: Is it supposed to be like this?

Yes it is.

P.s. - Ben, i think i'll need to re do the import of the Gers, and not change the names to see if it works then.  If it STILL doesn't work, even after the import, then..it cannot be a BRF problem.

Phoenixheart said:
I don't see my health bar when I play  :cry: Is it supposed to be like this?

if you dont like it, try this :

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,43874.0.html

i use the normal health bar and critical shield (invisible until reached critical status)

Using Mongol Beta with quickfix.

Bugs I've come across:
Kerayids cannot upgrade beyond Kerayid Hunter.
Jadaran Elite Warrior is level 25, Jadaran Tarkhan is level 16 without an armoured warhorse?
Same problem with the Borjigin Tarkhan.
Naiman Tarkhan is also cheaper.
Naiman first upgrade can be a level 11 armoured archer? And the final one is only level 15?
Naiman light horseman is level 28 but upgrades to a level 11 armoured archer?
Merkit BeRSerkers are called Merkit BeSerkers
Borchutai refers to Khergits in his story.
Prison and castle guards are as vanilla.

Gripes:
It takes a long time to find out which bandits are beatable (Merkits) and generally they're only beatable with a full party.
Not much armour choice. Once you've got the Nomad suit the Lamellar is a lot more expensive.
Absolutely no foot soldiers at all apart from the 4000+ Chin?
Mongol horses better at charging than European knights?
Need more spears.

But overall it seems to be a good mod. Now, time to go take over the world with Naiman level 11 armoured archers!

Well after level 16, with probably about 15-20 being Veteran horse archers (speaking from Namian side), you can take down 80 Merkits with a party of just 35. Although it's always better to even the battles so your party death toll doesnt pile too high. Depends on how quick you are, id recommend not using armoured horses but the fastest ones (43+ speed). I can handle 60 soldiers in my party, i can take down well over 100 merkits with only losing at the most 5 soldiers. It gets better as your level progresses, which i can safely say plays out better than Native when lvl 20 makes you god.... I havent tested it out on Chin armies yet, but i imagine the results would look simular.... but with a more chance of losing half your troops since the Chin army is heavily armoured.

1. The trainers at all training grounds all say "Surrender or die" and you say "I'll fight" then leave. ???
2. All townspeople think they are guards and say "Mind you manners within these walls and there'll be no trouble". ???

(These are on gamma release)

Actually one trainer offers to buy prisoners from you  :???:
Apart from that, great mod, good work guys :wink:

Only tried it for five minutes, but it seems a promising scenario.

However, it seems 2 out of 3 characters have the wrong script. In Alzah (?), the first town, the guild master thinks he's a horse merchant, the book merchant a traveler, the townspeoplle guards -this one was already pointed out- and the armorer thinks she's the arena trainer!

That one was particularly useful because I could enter the melees by her dialogue and get my bounty by speaking to the armorer again.

Anyway, the lack of a guildmaster can make the mod quite unplayable, IMHO. Anyone ran into this bug?

On a side note, the two strange swords are still there  :grin:. What's the mongol name for the other town with the chest, please?

Thanks

Maybe I'll replace the Japanese items with Jin items.

As for the wierd script errors, I think I have an idea, but I'm not sure.

The good thing about these errors is, even though they are hard to root out, it is usually one small thing that is easily fixed, and then all is well.  I'm going to be gone for most of the day tomorrow though, so don't expect a fix any time in the next day or two.

I'm having trouble with the game, loading it to be exact. Every time I try to play the Mod, an RGL error keep coming up saying "unable to open textures file Textures/Viking_Axe_James_weapons.dds" or some sort like that. I've never had trouble like this for any Mod, except those with the James_Weapons in it. Do you think by any possible chance, you can somehow remove the weapons from the Mod for people who can not use them? Because I seriously, seriously want to play this Mod, I've always been wanting a full Khergit-like Mod, and this is my offering. Unfortunately, I can't accept it because of the small mishap. But from what I hear it's otherwise great. So much would be appreciated if you could help me with this. Thanks again. :grin:

Please read around, that has been a known issue and has been fixed a while back, you need to download the fixable patch. however in this case Mongol Gamma was released and it should have already fixed that error, but for some reason the download thread does not have the Mongol Gamma link - wait for Ben to put it up.

Sound files sound buggy to me. It sounds perfect when it works, but most of the time i dont hear the impact of a weapon hitting a shield when I am blocking with a shield or when the enemy is. It cant be missing a file because it works sometimes.... hmm...

Back
Top Bottom