OSP 3D Art Cloaks - RELEASED

Users who are viewing this thread

OSP:CLOAKS

Includes 30 different cloak items of several different styles and colours

GOOD FOR:
Wearing on foot
NPCs standing around
Infantry

May be clipping issues with some armor of course.

BAD FOR:
(Due to clipping and hardcode issues)
Mounted troops
Wearing on horseback

DOWNLOAD HERE:

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1010

File includes a version of native with the cloaks added (To install, just copy and paste your native module, and drop the files into it), which includes the source, the BRF + texture files and items.txt.

Be sure to turn off multimeshing if you're viewing the BRF.

If textures come out as black when they should be green or brown, it's a question of brightening your monitor or brightening the texture.

Sweet! I definitely want it for OSP.  :grin:

For patterns, I say do a bunch of different colors: browns, dark wooly-looking blues and greens, etc. Not being an expert on cloaks I couldn't tell you about what patterns were used though.

will it be just a tweak or add on? or an actual mod, it'd be very cool to just add to Native or some other Mod, I currently like Native Expansion.

GetAssista said:
Adorno said:
Wow, like the idea  :smile:
- but I imagine they will go straight through the back of the horse when riding...
Rig lower part to the thigh bones and it possibly would not

They're already rigged to the thigh/leg bones so that it moves right when the character walks.

Taimat396 said:
Could they be done to show heraldry, by any chance?

I thought of that. I'll have to look into it!

very cool idea, I like it!  Maybe just put a thin chain around the neck instead of the entire fabric? Right now it somewhat looks like you are cutting his head off.  :wink:  Also, could you make two versions, one with just the cloak, and one with an attached hood from native which uses the same texture?  In terms of the textures, heraldy would be very cool, otherwise just basic colors like grey, green, brown, black, red, etc.  Maybe a generic white one so each mod could easily tweak that texture a bit if they wanted.

Will they be able to show your banner colors?

EDITED*

Sorry my question has already been answered.  :wink:

Will these capes have associated safety issues (cf Edna Mode :cool:) eg getting caught in siege ladders, horses bridles etc? It'd be great to shoot a Khergit lord in the face and see him dragged along by his horse as his cape gets caught in the harness...

Seriously though - this is a great idea

I'm interested to hear how you worked around the horse problem with such a long cloaks? Rigging the cloak to legs probably works just fine when walking but if you mount a horse, won't they make the cloak look weird? Have you tried using hand bones with low weight instead or in combination with the thigh bones?

...if only we could add bones to the skeleton...  :cry:

BTW. is it possible to use some sort of special coding to check if the player is mounted to change the animations for a object? And was I just dreaming or did I read somewhere that there might be coming a new tool from the taleworlds team to tinker with the animations easier?

Good luck with the project :smile:

pentagathus said:
If cloaks go in the helmet slot will it be possible to buy a cloak with a helmet?

Yes. Not sure if multimeshing could make things easier and add some variation to this.. if it can't be used, all the helmet/cloak combinations must be models of their own. So you couldn't have any type of helmet with any type of cloak.

I haven't. I really offer no support to the cloaks when mounted because not only do they clip horribly, but through some bizzare piece of hard coding, a rigged helmet shifts downwards when mounted. They look fine on foot though.

Yes you were dreaming. Taleworlds haven't even given us their own version of BRF edit to let us look at their animations, let alone a magic tool which a bunch of people seem to think we'll get. I'd be really happy with the same amount of animation functionality we had a few versions back where I could export animations as SMDs.

No it won't be possible to wear a cloak and helmet at the same time unless you specifically model a cloak model with that helmet.

Back
Top Bottom