The Horde Lands v1.22 released!!

Users who are viewing this thread

OK I got tired of waiting for the File Repository to get its act together, so I found an alternate upload site. Version 1.19 of the mod is now available for download from here:http://files.filefront.com/HordeLandsAlpha119rar/;13375305;/fileinfo.html

Here's a quick list of changes in this version:
1. Once per battle (and also in the dungeon), players can hit the M key to call for reinforcements.
2. Players who start their own kingdom can now change their kingdom's name.
3. Players can now control any companions in their party by changing the battle commander prior to starting the battle.
4. There is now a wider variety of "bandits" that can ambush a player when entering a town. The same is true for the bandit infested village quests.
5. When visiting any town arena, players can now setup sparring matches with their troops.
6. Players can now also talk to their troops or companions and challenge them to a 1-on-1 duel.
7. Dark Elves' equipment has been updated with two new sets of armor and a variety of new katanas, wakizashis, and no-dachis.
8. The Dragon's Death Dungeon has been slightly expanded, but no new encounters or treasures yet.
9. Several small bugs have been fixed. The gender bug which referred to all of the males of the new races as females, has been fixed. However, there may be some references that I missed.

There might be some other small changes I am forgetting.

Sounds good.

Might be a few more days before I do that drive thing.  Due to a master/slave error (caused by having that third drive unplugged during the last XP reinstall), my current installation is attached to an IDE drive.  Now, I know from experience, when the dying drive fails, it fails hard enough to take down the whole IDE drive - possibly because it was the master on that line, I don't know for sure.  So I'm thinking that, I have to be delicate here.  If it fails and takes the IDE line, that means XP will crash while transferring files, which probably means a third trip to the bad neighborhood of reinstall town.  I'll probably have to move the dying to the other PC and copy the data out there, just to be safe.

Gohda said:
Sounds good.

Might be a few more days before I do that drive thing.  Due to a master/slave error (caused by having that third drive unplugged during the last XP reinstall), my current installation is attached to an IDE drive.  Now, I know from experience, when the dying drive fails, it fails hard enough to take down the whole IDE drive - possibly because it was the master on that line, I don't know for sure.  So I'm thinking that, I have to be delicate here.  If it fails and takes the IDE line, that means XP will crash while transferring files, which probably means a third trip to the bad neighborhood of reinstall town.  I'll probably have to move the dying to the other PC and copy the data out there, just to be safe.

You have far more patience than I. :mrgreen: If it were my computer acting that way I would have backed up as much data as I could on an external and then thrown the hard drives out the window. But since I couldn't really afford to replace them right now, it's lucky for me that my computer has been behaving itself. :cool:

this mod is really good i just downloaded the new version and it is really good the only bug i noticed is that the equipment of queen Megumi is all white whitout any textures that happens with anyone else??

EDIT:from what i saw all the new dark elf armors have no texture

I think you can fix the texture problem by changing the order in module.ini to:

load_mod_resource = texture_samurai_tex
load_mod_resource = material_samurai_mat
load_mod_resource = arme_samurai_arm
load_mod_resource = armure_samurai_arm

Well, it worked for me anyway.

By the way, the autoloot doesn't seem to work properly in my game. They strip off everything if I tell them to auto-loot from the pool.
(Perhaps a slot error in module_constants.py ?)

this mod is really good i just downloaded the new version and it is really good the only bug i noticed is that the equipment of queen Megumi is all white whitout any textures that happens with anyone else??

EDIT:from what i saw all the new dark elf armors have no texture
Thank you. And thanks for the heads up about the textures. I didn't really take much time to playtest it before I uploaded it. I made sure there were no errors loading and starting a game, but beyond that, it was late and I was tired. :razz:

Osori said:
I think you can fix the texture problem by changing the order in module.ini to:

load_mod_resource = texture_samurai_tex
load_mod_resource = material_samurai_mat
load_mod_resource = arme_samurai_arm
load_mod_resource = armure_samurai_arm

Well, it worked for me anyway.

By the way, the autoloot doesn't seem to work properly in my game. They strip off everything if I tell them to auto-loot from the pool.
(Perhaps a slot error in module_constants.py ?)
Thanks for clarifying the order of those resources. As for the autoloot script, with the exception of a small change so that the newer recruitable companions (such as the Tavernkeepers) would use the autoloot, the script is otherwise unchanged. The only issues I have ever had with it (even before I included the new recruitables) was that if I gave them anything manually, then anytime I had them use the autoloot, they would take off whatever I gave them and exchange it for something in the loot pool. They also have a tendency to remove their boots when using the autoloot. If I leave them alone and don't mess with their inventory, they seem to eventually start using the boots. Also, sometimes their choice of "upgrades" is questionable. But I've never seen them strip off everything.

This is how it looks in my module_constants:
###################################################################################
# AutoLoot: Modified Constants
# Most of these are slot definitions, make sure they do not clash with your mod's other slot usage

###################################################################################
# This is an item slot
slot_item_difficulty = 5

num_loot_management_menu_heroes = 4

# These are troops slots
slot_upgrade_armor = 153
slot_upgrade_horse = 154
slot_upgrade_wpn_0 = 157
slot_upgrade_wpn_1 = 158
slot_upgrade_wpn_2 = 159
slot_upgrade_wpn_3 = 160
# End Autoloot

yep it worked now this mod is really fun the only complaint i have is about the look of the elves they look too feminine but apart from that everything is fine

Masaky said:
yep it worked now this mod is really fun the only complaint i have is about the look of the elves they look too feminine but apart from that everything is fine

:lol: That is a common complaint. I'm working on getting new skins for all of the new races (except the 3 undead races). If you really want a laugh, find a recruitable male dark elf (such as one of their tavernkeepers) and remove his armor. The male orcs have the same problem. It is why neither race was added to my expansion of the non-tournament arena fighters. I assure you that what you will see was not done on purpose. At least...not by me. I did not make these skins.

i had a dark elf character when i saw what you said about taking out his clothing i thought "it must be nothing" but in the same minute i was "OH MY GOD MY MALE CHARACTER IS A WOMAN"it was funny,but if the male orcs have that problem i remember in the 1.18 version they had shirtless infantry that means that there is allot of men with boobs running around in the orc army?

*fear*

PS:just kidding this mod is so much fun

Well I just remember when I was testing out my changes to the arena fighters, I noticed what appeared to be male orcs wearing the red bikini that the female orcs wear. I never really bothered to check the regular orc troops. But it won't really matter once I have new skins for them.

even if the troops have that problem it is just funny i think i will attack a orc army and see if the troops have that

nice mod..when you can release the finished mod?
here some suggestion:

1)you can create new textures for orcs (like the tld o cronhicles of talera), goblin and dark elfs?

FOR ORCS
https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=6&id=515
orcfacesoresap7.jpg

FOR GOBLIN
Goblin.gif

FOR ELVES
dark elves
dark_elves.gif

elves
elves.gif

fabdis said:
nice mod..when you can release the finished mod?
here some suggestion:

1)you can create new textures for orcs (like the tld o cronhicles of talera), goblin and dark elfs?

Yes, as I have stated numerous times, I am in the process of getting new skins for the orcs, goblins, elves, and dark elves. I want to have unique skins made, and not just take ones from other mods like I did with the current skins (which were taken, with permission, from Nema's Guardians Party). Currently there is someone who says they are working on them, but it's only been a few days, so don't expect anything too soon. As for when I will release a finished mod? Probably never.  :razz: As long as I remain interested in working on the mod and playing M&B, I will continually be attempting to improve it and add more content. But one thing is for certain...until I have implemented a magic system, the mod will not considered complete. Unfortunately I cannot give an eta for that, since I haven't got all the details of it worked out yet. I do have ideas though. :mrgreen:

downloading it now, sounds like it will be fun to play, i'll post a review once i've spent some time with it.  thanks for your efforts!

if you need some 3d model for your faction..in this site you can find some of it:

http://www.3dworldclub.com/

ORCS
http://www.3dworldclub.com/preview.aspx?ModelCode=19322

fabdis said:
if you need some 3d model for your faction..in this site you can find some of it:

http://www.3dworldclub.com/

ORCS
http://www.3dworldclub.com/preview.aspx?ModelCode=19322

Nice. That orc model would make a nice base. It would have to be copied and modified, since I would need a female version as well (unless of course there is already one on that site, I didn't browse for very long). And of course it would still need to be rigged and textured, but having a premade model would certainly save a lot of time. :razz:

Back
Top Bottom