The Eagle and the Wolves original thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dudro

Knight at Arms
Hi there, :smile:

This mod is to be based around a time period from 400-420-ish A.D.  Part of this time was also known throughout Britain as 'the dark ages', A time period where rival kingdoms grew like weeds from the seeds of the passing roman presence in Britain.  The great eagles and standards of the legions now gone,  people began to look up to these new leaders.  Some men followed these people for protection, loyalty, or because they didn't have a choice.  Among these many great men and heroes, one stood above all others.  Throughout the coming years, he would commit great and valorous deeds.  And then, more than a thousand years later, would be reborn in the form of a legend of a man, godlike and glorious, and of his sword, a legend in itself, fit for an emperor.

This mod, based around a series of books called A Dream of Eagles an incredible yet accurate piece of Historical Fiction to describe what happened all those years ago.

Newest release:
https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=1&id=1126

Features

-There is a large map of Britain and Ireland roughly 1.3 times the size of native

-Archers in melee spawn with an extra club for fighting.

-15+ new horses, and lots of new items, including Roman, Celtic, and Saxon armors, Celtic body dyes and Roman, Saxon, and Celtic swords, shields and weapons.

-All previous items have had stats modified to do slightly more damage

-A bunch of gameplay tweaks from HokieBT and TheMageLord

-A modified version of formations has been implemented

-A slightly changed hunting mod has been added

-An improved type of autoloot has been incorporated

-11 new factions, including the Romano-British, the Romans, the Pendragon, the Picts, three Irish factions, a Cornish faction, Saxons, some Northumbrians and one other minor faction.

-Large new troop trees for each one.

-minamalist HUD has been implemented, so now there is a borderless healthbar, critical shield and smaller reticules.

-Some other things I can't be bothered to remember.

-New animations from MAXHARDMAN

-companions have been redone and no longer argue, though their dialogue remains unchanged.

-new face textures

-Custom battles.  For those too lazy to build an army themselves and scour the countryside looking for enemies.

Credits to:
MAXHARDMAN for some new animations, they're awesome!
Stoned dude for his weapon pack.
Talak for his weapon pack.
Dindi and every one else who contributed to helmets OSP.
Talon for a bunch of different models he made.
Rath0s for his shields pack.
and -peter- for some shields.
HokieBT  the speak with village elder tweak.
Mirethei for his formations.
Highlander for hunting and kingdom management.
Magelord for a bunch of his tweaks.
Rubik and Fisheye for improved autoloot.
RR_Raptor65 for the new roman body armors, greaves, spathas, ect...
Commisar for his woad body dyes.
Jinnai, for customizable sparring matches.
Stelious, for the officer helmet.
If I'm missing somebody, tell me.

MAP
map1.jpg
map2.jpg
map3.jpg
map4.jpg
map5.jpg

Troop trees on page 3!
Pics on page 9

I just got one of the last versions uploaded to the repository.  You should download this one because the next one will be a while.
To do list~
1. Fix companion and Lord dialogues.
2. Let everybody know to let me know what to fix.
3. Fix any glitches or whatever that come up.
4. More tweaks.

Sounds cool. I will definately play it when it is released. If you need any help, I can make a few models.

Deyshawn said:
Sounds cool. I will definately play it when it is released. If you need any help, I can make a few models.
Possibly, but Dudro is quite talented. (although it takes FOREVER to make ONE stupid model of a SWORD!) [/starts stealing Dudro's thread ]

feel free to post any suggestions or other ideas for the enhancement of this mod.

Nice idea. As Bloid said, I am making quite similiar mod. What exact period are you going to make?

Well, 867 AD is chiefly about the Danish conquests of England, not the Germanic conquests of Britain, so a Roman feel in 867 would be out of place. :wink: For this mod, I wonder if splitting the Germanic invaders into their tribes would be worth it (Angles, Saxons, Jutes).

rougly yes.

I wish you good luck and all. I can throw my Arthur mod plans out the window though :sad:
Anyway, if you needed any pics for reference, I have quite a few..:wink:

omzdog said:
King Arthur's time period I belive. Interesting

yep cant wait to put on some late roman legion gear, make my own british legion and kick some saxon backside.

Bloid said:
Well, 867 AD is chiefly about the Danish conquests of England, not the Germanic conquests of Britain, so a Roman feel in 867 would be out of place. :wink: For this mod, I wonder if splitting the Germanic invaders into their tribes would be worth it (Angles, Saxons, Jutes).
Well, what we're probably going to do is make the Saxons a faction, and then have Jutes and such raider bands. (Like Sea Raiders.)

Well... after reading all the other replies this feels useles to say, but I'll say it anyway  :razz:

Seems like a cool mod, I will try this as soon as it's out  :grin:

Bloid said:
I think you should split the Anglo-Saxons into multiple factions, though I suspect a division based on rulers rather than tribes would make more sense.

If you read the series, the time period will be roughly from Eagles Brood to The Sorcerer, after Camulod has grown to a near full fledged city and practically no Romans remain.  There wont be Jutes and Danes, only Saxons because in the series they're by far the dominant invaders from across the sea, and have recently acquired a firm grasp on Britain and have begun to settle, but only some.

This wont be anything like 867 at all as the Romano-British will be near early Roman equipment and and the remaining Romans will be late antiquity equipment.

I'm afraid I know nothing of the series in question. This is the first I've heard of it, in fact. Methinks I'll go a-lookin' for it.

Good luck.

The series is also known as "The Camulod Chronicles". I've read the first. Not my preferred Arthurian historical-style retelling though.

Merlkir said:
I can throw my Arthur mod plans out the window though :sad:

Pity... why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom