[Release Time? (Team)]

Users who are viewing this thread

Elenmmare

Hey guys.

The mod has come a long way. It started with some minor doodling and has risen to a team of, if I recall correctly

• 3 Modellers, Texturers (ElvenBow, Huskarl, Khandrak)
  • 2 Scene Artists (Why.So.Serious.a?, Eumoplus)
  • 2 Coders, Ideas-men, and gatherers. (Kardio and I)

So yes, its come a long way. When I first released it, I'd thrown some textures on and set up some factions. Now, after half a dozen bug fixes, we've finally got some great content for a real release.

According to my tally, we've got over 27 models, and a number of great quests by Kardio. We've also got tons of tweaks and bug fixes by him, a bit of fixes and a couple easter-eggs from me.

So, team, do you think its about time for a release? I say we gather whatever models we have textured, rigged or whatever (sadly, about 10 probably), Kardio and I combine our scripts, and we get ready for a release.

Still, I haven't seen all your plans or your work, so if you've got anything in particular that you'd like to get into the release, it can wait for sure.

Thanks.

If you give me a couple of days, I can wrap up some of the orc models so that those can be incorporated into a release. As is, they aren't quite ready. I can't guarantee that I'll have any armor good to go, but I should be able to get the basic orc body looking good enough to be released.

Great. Even a week wait is fine, its just useful to have plan.

Do you rig your armour as well?

Well, I am rigging it, but that's not to say that it's going well as of yet. I'm still brand new to rigging, and doing skirt/kilt areas around the legs are a pain in the ass. I'm going to see if I can take a look at some of the native models and see how exactly they are rigged to get an idea for areas like that.

Hey, I feel your pain. Rigging is damn hard; that and UV mapping are the bane of modelling to me.

if you do want to release it, i won't be sending you my scenes.... yet, as Eumoplus and I are far from done and thus, we will probably send you once we are pretty much done.

or maybe we could just send you the scenes one by one, but i wish you would release them with everything else some time later on once we've done everything else(scripts, items, scenes)

I'll need a week or two to test the Feron questline for balance and bugs.  Aside from that I am implementing a few new features to spice things up for people choosing to join the other factions.  I'd love to say I'll be ready in a week, but that may be pushing it.  I'd ideally like to see the new Feron armor models in game for this release, since it is mainly the Feron edition this time around.  Giving Khandrak some extra time will also allow me some extra time to get a few of these ideas of mine tested and implemented.

How many code changes have you made since the latest release on your end Elenmmare?  If it is just a few, it might be easier for me to insert them into my code, as I have made changes across many of the module files now.  If not, that's ok, I can still transplant my changes into your code, it may just take some tweaking.  I've commented all of my changes... I think.    :wink:

Next faction should be quite a bit quicker as I had to figure out a lot regarding the Mount & Blade module system in the course of implementing the quests I have so far.  Now that I have acquired more knowledge about how things work, my coding speed and syntax has increased quite a bit.

i'll be leaving for Singapore in 3 days and i'll be making meshes that will be needing texturing... i guess all i can do is make meshes and ask someone else to texture it if i ever wish to see it in game... i'll be sending meshes to the others in the team... sry for being a slob at the last second

I can't say I'm certain how many changes I've made, but obviously nothing but a few party re-sizes. When I'm near my module system I'll just check whichever files have been opened and modified since the last release.

Regardless, you can add them to yours as it no doubt has far more changes.

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
i'll be leaving for Singapore in 3 days and i'll be making meshes that will be needing texturing... i guess all i can do is make meshes and ask someone else to texture it if i ever wish to see it in game... i'll be sending meshes to the others in the team... sry for being a slob at the last second

No worries.

Rigging is still a pain in the ass. I've got a body model with bigger arms and whatnot for the orcs, but it needs to be rigged properly, and that will take time. So it will probably take me a few more days to have it all ready for a release.

completed 4 equipments for low tier feron troops... pls tell me if making a shield is necessary... if needed... i'll complete mesh tomorrow 

I don't have any plans to include shields on any of the feron troops at this time, nor do I plan to give them horses.  They will be given moderatly high athletics to reflect their natural body strength and lifestyle.  They will survive based on reaching the enemy quickly to engage in hand to hand or short ranged encounters.

Shields will probably be used by Asaleth ground troops, Illoriaon, and the blighted plague (some type of bone shield).  The Asaleth mounted troops I would like to have use polearms, and they won't couch properly if I give them a shield, so probably only their ground troops will have them. 

Right now in my current thinking, horses may only be used by Asaleth, Illoriaon, and probably mercenaries (merc cavalary archers perhaps).  The Planelords will be using a lot of range to fight with to make up for it (and will prefer forested terrain), and the blighted plague will just be very numerous and hardy. 

Khandrak said:
Rigging is still a pain in the ass. I've got a body model with bigger arms and whatnot for the orcs, but it needs to be rigged properly, and that will take time. So it will probably take me a few more days to have it all ready for a release.

You have plenty of time.  I won't be ready for a while yet.  I have a fair amount of stuff still to do to get my work up to my standard.

I've got something ready... and alot not :razz:

As u probably know i got seriously problems at the texture part :razz:

But i'll send the files that look... well... Usable to... Elenmmare?

Elvenbow123 said:
I've got something ready... and alot not :razz:

As u probably know i got seriously problems at the texture part :razz:

But i'll send the files that look... well... Usable to... Elenmmare?

If you want to send them to both of us that would be fine.  That way Elenmmare and I can keep in touch about what models we have and how we want to use them.

ermm... the low tier one handed axe, two handed axe, throwing axe, and bow are sent to khandrak for texturing... now i'm thinking of making a low tier spear and spiked club for the tribesman... who do not have proper equipments... the spear would like a stick with a dagger tied up in front and the spiked club would be a deformed piece of wood with nails on it... agree?? if u do i'll start making... and if u have any suggestions to improve the looks... bring it on :grin:

ermm... the low tier one handed axe, two handed axe, throwing axe, and bow are sent to khandrak for texturing... now i'm thinking of making a low tier spear and spiked club for the tribesman... who do not have proper equipments... the spear would like a stick with a dagger tied up in front and the spiked club would be a deformed piece of wood with nails on it... agree?? if u do i'll start making... and if u have any suggestions to improve the looks... bring it on :grin:

I'll probably be using one handed axes for the tribesman, possibly with a spear.  If you want to make a model for them, that'd be great.  Nope, no other suggestions right now.  Feron are waiting on armor at this point.  If you want to make anything for any of the other factions, go for it, since we don't know which one will be next yet.

Right, re-bumping this post for a sort of progress check. How's it going on all fronts?

For me, I've:

• Given all banners to Kardio, they've been implemented.
  • Revamped the map, sent to Kardio

Currently, the only things I'm still working on are the scenes.

How are the rest of you all holding up?

Elenmmare said:
Right, re-bumping this post for a sort of progress check. How's it going on all fronts?

For me, I've:

• Given all banners to Kardio, they've been implemented.
  • Revamped the map, sent to Kardio

Currently, the only things I'm still working on are the scenes.

How are the rest of you all holding up?

Recently Completed -

Banner implemenation and two additional designs
Implemented new map
Minor balance fixes I came across

Working on -

Miscellaneous quest
(requires new lorebook entries, new dialog, and some quest mechanics.  I have written a lot of the dialog out thankfully, though there is still some to do.  Implementing the quest shouldn't be too bad as I have a lot of experience with this.)
Balance testing - fixing faction vs faction balance and quest balance
Screenshots - promotional shots
Music - adding more high quality and theme fitting tracks.  I have enough to go live with now though.

Waiting on -

New Models (updated Feron tier 2 and 3 heads with brightened face paint, Krug's war paint face, Player Feron artifact helmet, textured Feron Axes)
Scene Fixes or Updates
Any other new graphics you want to implement, such as a new title screen

Alright, I'll get to work on the title screen. To be honest, I'm a bit apprehensive about dealing with all the alpha-layers and trying to make it look right.

Elenmmare said:
Alright, I'll get to work on the title screen. To be honest, I'm a bit apprehensive about dealing with all the alpha-layers and trying to make it look right.

It's no problem, it doesn't have to be in this first release necessarily.  I thought maybe you could just replace the mounted rider with the Talera logo you had already created for the mod selection screen.  I'd have no idea what else to put there.  Maybe just changing Mount & Blade to Chronicles of Talera at the top would be enough.  The scenes are certainly a more pressing issue, especially if some areas are unsiegable without cheats.

Besides, I'll be needing you for some pre-release battle balance testing before too long.  :wink:  That will be fun work though!

Back
Top Bottom