Graphical problems with some of the new armor textures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Couched

Squire
Ive allready posted this in the tech help forums, but as most people doesnt bother to read anything in there unless they are having problems themselves im just going to post it here as well, as its this particular mod im having problems with. I hope thats ok..

Have had this problem with other mods once in a while but it hasnt really bothered me much untill now. Been waiting for this mod since i first spotted the thread and i damn near jumped of the balcony when i realized i was having problems with it (That would have been really embaressing since i live on the first floor).

My problem is that some of the armors, including the armors of my precious highlanders that ive been waiting to play forever, get a wierd graphics bug where the "shadowed" part of the armor go completely black. The armors ive seen so far that has this problem are the scottish kilt type armors and the english leather armor in the picture below, guessing there are more of them though that i just havent seen yet.

http://img291.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mountblade2008112507262co4.jpg

My gfx card is a NVIDIA GeForce 7800 gtx, using the latest avaliable drivers, allthough the problem has been present with the previous driver versions as well.
This is only a problem with dx9 though. Dx7 works fine but the graphics in general look so bad with dx7 that i'd just rather not play at all. Its hard to tolerate when you know how good it COULD look with dx9 working properly.

If anyone has had the same problem i would be gratefull to hear your sollution to this as its completely ruining things for me atm.

Oh, i almost forgot the whole "great mod!! über work!!" part!  so here it goes...    great mod!! über work!!!!    :grin:

Looks like a problem with shadows. Check on configure and see what your shadow quality is set to, mine is on low like and I don't get that problem but it's the only thing I can think of that could be causing it. If that fails then check your NVIDIA settings, other than that I've no idea what's causing it.

Well, its not the shadow setting, or any other of the games graphics setting either. 99% sure about that. Tried just about every combination of settings possible. Had a look at my gfx cards settings as you suggested. Nothing obvious there at least.
Im not exactly a computer wiz though, so unless there's a box i can check in there called "remove annoying black texture bug in M&B" i wouldnt bet on me finding anything. ^^

Thanks for the reply though, its apreciated. =)

Problem solved. Poked around and changed the all iron_shader_skin shaders to skeleton_shaders. Works just fine now  :grin:

Strangest thing. As i said ive had this problem with a few mods before but only a few. Also from what i can tell im pretty much alone to have this problem. Dunno. Could it be that i use my gfx card to keep my coffee hot while im playing?  :roll:

Either way, now i can enjoy this mod the way it was supposed to be enjoyed, so im off to play. Just wanted to say that all is well in the highlands now, no more anti-matter kilts.  :smile:

Couched said:
Problem solved. Poked around and changed the all iron_shader_skin shaders to skeleton_shaders. Works just fine now  :grin:

Strangest thing. As i said ive had this problem with a few mods before but only a few. Also from what i can tell im pretty much alone to have this problem. Dunno. Could it be that i use my gfx card to keep my coffee hot while im playing?  :roll:

Either way, now i can enjoy this mod the way it was supposed to be enjoyed, so im off to play. Just wanted to say that all is well in the highlands now, no more anti-matter kilts.  :smile:

Hang on, hang on, hang on... I have this problem too and i hate it :grin:. What did you say it was that you did? TEACH ME :grin:

Back
Top Bottom