Author Topic: Historical Innacuracies / Bug reports  (Read 26512 times)

PsykoOps

• Master Knight
    • YouTube - PsykoOps
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandit
  • M&BWBWF&S
Re: Historical Innacuracies / Bug reports
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2009, 03:21:56 PM »
Download all the bug fixes from the download thread. There's 2 of them that fix this problem.
With truth comes terror.

The Atheist Knight

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2009, 04:48:29 PM »
Great mod, just wanted to say that the Irish Lords names are mispelled.

Instead of Cheiftain Obrien for example it should be Cheiftain Ò Brien.

I'm Irish, if you want I could get you the correct spellings for all of them?

Aethelred

• Sergeant Knight at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2009, 05:26:12 PM »
I don't think M&B supports any accented letters, so it's not really possible to get them accurate.

The Atheist Knight

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2009, 06:28:48 PM »
Fair enough. "O Brien" would be closer than "Obrien" though.

-Peter-

• View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • M&BWBVC
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2009, 06:22:42 AM »
Fair enough. "O Brien" would be closer than "Obrien" though.

Yeah, there should be a space there. I did originally use the proper spellings but as Aethelred said, the game wouldn't accept them.

Oyubi

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2009, 12:40:12 AM »
Just go this mod a few days back ...  looks pretty good so far although Merseyside would still have been Chester ... the Wirral peninsula and Liverpool which make up Merseyside developed a lot later.

That massive gap in the south east looks strange considering it's always been highly populated compared to the rest of the country and would have been the most populous area from a long time before although I accept it was not the capital until later. Even if you outright refuse to put London in then at least a few towns would help make it seem like someone lives there.

Also for some reason England and the English army seem to start off at war with each other. I don't know if that can be stopped but it definitely seems odd. Finally Edward II wouldn't be called that until he was King ... I spent valuable sucking up minutes on quests for him before I noticed he wasn't the faction leader :(

redsoxpwn123

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2010, 11:35:53 PM »
As much as I hate to say it, but I found both historical inaccuracies and a rather frustrating bug.

I am sure this was previously mentioned, my Scottish ancestors did not wear any sort of kilt during this time period, as they were not created until the late 16th century. They could wear tartan clothing, but alas, not kilts. Also, I noticed the Scottish farmers are wearing military-esque armour. Haha I doubt farmers could afford that kind of equipment even by today's standards, let alone in 1297 Scotland.

Bug: Following a battle with some English deserters, I recieved an RGL error message and the game crashed. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Those aside it is a FANTASTIC mod and I thank you for putting the time and effort into making it.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 11:45:28 PM by redsoxpwn123 »

Rath0s

• Baron
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Rathos/Egil_Haraldson
  • M&BWBNW
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2010, 11:50:19 PM »
Highlanders were pretty poor people, and what were there casual clothes, it was **** with a tartan plaid wrapped over, many of them did not have mail and advanced armor, so they would then basically wear what they had.
+ that the english were in command of almost every village, so I bet they already would have taken all of their most valueble things.

But in the lower lands of Scotland I bet they wore more of the same style as the english.

hedop

• Regular
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • WB
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2010, 12:35:08 PM »
Mod seems pretty nice but not really historical accurate, which seems to be a known issue here.
HONI SOIT QUI MAL Y PENSE

Rath0s

• Baron
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Rathos/Egil_Haraldson
  • M&BWBNW
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2010, 02:52:14 PM »
Peter is not working on this anymore, but I asked if I could continue it, and he said yes, so I will maybe continue this mod.

Whiski

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2010, 09:21:36 PM »
Ok... so i dont know if in the past england was upside down or something... lol
but in my game the uk is upside down.. like scotland is in the south...
i dno mayb earths magnetic field was inversed at that periond xD

Aethelred

• Sergeant Knight at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2010, 12:46:18 AM »
It's an easy trap to fall into when making a map, because on Thorgrim's editor up on the overview thing is South, and down is North. I think it's because that's how the native map is oriented. You basically need to draw the map so it looks upside down in the editor, and if you don't know that from the start I don't think it's possible to flip your map later. I'm no expert at map making, though.

penquin11

• Sergeant
  • Trixy
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • MP nick: Trixy
  • M&BWBWF&SNW
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2010, 11:47:01 PM »
Ok I noticed that 1 of the Irish Lords rode into battle wearing an english plate.... wats up with that?
Also I was wondering if you could add a bit more provinces, as I find that it is waaaaay too easy to win as You only have to take like 5 cities....