Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

I'd really like some upgraded Claymores, they're not performing the way I imagined them when in the hands of the Scottish (frankly due to my fanaticism to Braveheart).

What would also be cool is some in-battle music, like Scotsmen on bagpipes, Welsh and Englishmen on flutes or trumpets and Irishmen on small lyres. Would it be that hard to implement in-battle bagpipe music?  :razz:

robinthehood said:
how about french the english and french fought a lot
This Is called Britain, if you want some good fights between English and French play the HYW mod Its really great.

And a question:
Is it normal that the welsh suck very very very bad?
I mean really, they have no advantage with the english, the welsh have longbows which Is supposed to be the strong side of Wales, the english too (and I sometimes think they are better than welsh in terms of skill but they DO are better equipped), the welsh have cavalry until mounted seargets... which kinda suck, the english normal cavalry are quite strong not to mention their knights which easily kill about 5-8 welsh veteran infantry until I get to hit him, welsh infantry are average but english are quite strong.

I think what Its needed Is to reform their troop tree, make cavalry apart from infantry and the welsh longbowmen MUST be better (in skill) than the english, I don't know If this is historical accurate but the welsh used the longbow before the english and I think that a lot of the english army longbowmen were actually welsh.

You forgot one crucial thing about the scots, Linlithgow Castle
at the time it was there royal palace im sure...
And theres no way Livingston should be there since thats a new town lol...
Livingston was created in the 60's not in the 1300 rofl

Playing this mod for the first time today, I was slightly disappointed.  First off was the map.  The shore lines are all square and are evidently the result of not enough effort or attention.  The "highlands" have no mountains, there are not enough forests and some bandits are still called steppe raiders.  The troops trees are also a bit strange. I only checked out the scot one, but the, for example, highest tier footman has only a kilt, despite being dubbed "nobles", and they, in turn upgrade to scouts for some vague and mysterious reason, who are a lower tier than them,

Alright heres a few suggestions having a minor in european history.

Irish: First off the irish heavily used Spears, and adapted the viking axe from the 200 years the scandinavians occupied Dublin. Irish soldiers didn't have much for calvary but had strong peltists (Spear throwers) and finely made chainmail and eventually plate. ( chainmail adapted from vikings, plate from english). There where some irish swordsman, but swords were usually only given to higher ranking soldiers so thats an idea for the higher tiers, same with calvary. And irish army with horses only very high ranked officers had them or a leaders personal bodyguard.

Scottish: The scottish are similar to the irish in weapons being that scottish are technically irish if you go far enough back. Anywho, they favor the spears, axes and bastard swords. But being in direct contact with english on the main island they had horses available. So scottish horseman aren't a bad idea.

English: The english are done pretty accurately, they had platemail at the time period, and they used only spears for the lower ranks and swords with shields for the higher ranks until knights. The english had fine archers to boot, but I suggest that the higher rank archers be kind of hard to reach along with the knights because that would kind of nerf the english.

Welsh: Don't know to much about the welsh, I know they had a similar cultural background to the celts/irish so something along the lines stated above.

Any questions pm me or e-mail me at [email protected]

You should consider adding the north of France and adding France in as a faction.
You could have a few cites and England controling a city or 2.

Just think would be a good idea if you want to add another faction.

Morale?

Nice to see some crusaders, they look quite intimidating when you play with the Scotts!  :shock:

More shields for english cavalry/knight/crusader?

Please, longer pikes .

Many types of pikes, wooden pike, steel-headed pike, etc .

Because pikemen are used frequently in those decades, and it is hella' fun .

I have two suggestions to make.

England controls about half of the map and Wales about 1/15 and they both have 4 towns. I know this was done for balancing purposes, but it was really not balanced at the time anyway. I think the number (and size, reflected by garrison size if at all possible) of cities should be kept historically accurate, which would make the game unbalanced, but at the same time offer different difficulty levels and varied game play.

Bandit parties should be large enough to take on caravans, not just wander around aimlessly to provide the player with easy loot. This way, they would be a real issue to deal with and since bigger lands would mean more bandits, it would cut down on England's advantage brought about by giving them more towns as mentioned above.

Please make a hardcore option where you can die (permanently) and include this for the NPC characters. I'm guessing it wouldn't be that a complex script. And it would make your mod appeal to all the expert/hardcore players that are currently very limited for choice.

Okey i don't know what kind of mercenaries you got in the game cuz i havn't tried it.
But do you have any viking merceneries

NordMann 2 said:
Okey i don't know what kind of mercenaries you got in the game cuz i havn't tried it.
But do you have any viking merceneries

No, Welsh and Irish mercenaries.

Hello, been playing a good while as the scots because for me the whole mod has a very braveheart feel about it, what I'd like to see would be Kingdom of England and English army intergrated into one faction meaning the Scots and Irish have more of a chance to team up, also the English seem a little underpowered to what they should be. I still fear them but If I see that a lord party has less than 20 cavalry I know my Highlanders can walk all over them. I think Longbows need to be alot more powerful and also that all the welsh should have going for them is that they have good archers rather than insane nord-reminiscent infantry that knock seven tons of faeces out of my scots and me on a regular basis. I think the English cities need to be incredibly wealthy and have lots of lords and fiefdoms, but if there was a way of making Scottish Irish and welsh factions larger that would be good. I read also that some people suggested adding the French in, which I do not disagree with I have to say. Historically accurate, French have always been on the side of the scots and have military force to stand up to English Heavy Cavalry and Longbowmen. Oh and just some small things, I'd like to see Scot, Irish and Welsh troops have higher Ironflesh due to thier chainmail deficiency, and English troops to have no Ironflesh atall just to balance things a little better in combat.

Sounds like im complaining, but im really not, only constructive criticism really I love the mod, best I've played since 867-Lords of War, I think all the graphical work is fantastic, textures and models are brilliant. Basically all I suggest is slightly more dynamic balances in faction power, I.E English should be very hard to win against, Scots should be of average power, welsh should be basically rubbish with good archers and the Irish should be poorly equipped but in high numbers, and english army should be replaced by either French or Duchy of Burgundy/Holy Roman Empire in a very minor edge of the map powerful troops to back up all the rubbish non-english soldiers fighting against the english

Keep up the brilliant work

Would it be possible to implement Archery tournaments? Cause I noticed if you shoot straw targets in a castle they have the code to report distance and score. I think the tournaments fit really well in this time period.

It's probably possible, however I'm not exactly an experienced scripter and wouldn't know where to start. It'd be a great addition, I agree, but it's beyond my ability.

-Peter- said:
Feel free to post any suggestions for changes/additions to the script or any weaponry you'd like to see (preferably accompanied by a reference picture).

Where do I download it?

hunterman52 said:
I dont know if you forogot this but why is london missed on the map isn't that just as improtant...

img_map_large_britian_ireland.gif

Im not saying do them all just put in the main captitials and btw wales has loads of villages in one area try take a few away or keep if you feel like it .....

London was called Westminster in those days, hence Westminster is the capital. If you actually read up on London, the City of Westminster still exists, it's just not as big anymore. Same with most of the other major cities as well. Oh, and this is a great mod and I've been waiting ages for something British. I really like England and Ireland! I would perhaps like to see the English Army and England merge and perhaps an improvement to the English Longbowmen (more damage). The English Crusader, by the way, is level 14. I think that was just some typing mistake when you wrote it but just to let you know that the most powerful English troop is incredibly weak!

Yeah, giving Crusaders horses with no armour was a bad idea. They get pwned by claymores too easily. I usually don't upgrade from Heavy Cav. unless for a quest.

Back
Top Bottom