Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 14317 times)

Cloud Breaker

• He who summoned KoC
  • Master Knight
  • Hear Me Roar.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2008, 09:52:58 AM »
A question first.

Is tournament implemented here already?
ALICE: Thank you for the clarification.
Human: good man
ALICE: Thanks for the compliment. Thanks for telling me your gender, unknown person. You are a " he".
Human: no, I am a woman.
ALICE: Are you serious? Me too. I am a she.
Human: I don't have a cock
ALICE: Are you looking for a cock?

-Peter-

• View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • M&BWBVC
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2008, 11:27:28 AM »
A question first.

Is tournament implemented here already?

They're just the Native tournaments at the moment.

Cloud Breaker

• He who summoned KoC
  • Master Knight
  • Hear Me Roar.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2008, 11:29:49 AM »
Do you plan to improve them?
ALICE: Thank you for the clarification.
Human: good man
ALICE: Thanks for the compliment. Thanks for telling me your gender, unknown person. You are a " he".
Human: no, I am a woman.
ALICE: Are you serious? Me too. I am a she.
Human: I don't have a cock
ALICE: Are you looking for a cock?

-Peter-

• View Profile
  • M&BWBVC
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2008, 11:34:03 AM »
Yep, nothing drastic though, just changes in equipment, rounds and the tournament scenes.

Selothi

• Baron
  • Bipolar bastard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2008, 03:04:24 PM »
If I may, I'd suggest making the armies spawn farther away from each other. At the moment, fighting against the English armies, I barely have time to find a close-by hill, and organise my archers and infantry on it that I can already hear English cavalry right next to me. It's just annoying, and then there's also their actual tactics. So far I've seen two different ones for the English: charge like a bunch of barbarians, or advance ten paces every few seconds, going (their) left each time, except that they sometimes end up hugging the edge of the map ... Also, make it so that England is more hilly. I don't actually live there, but I go there frequently, and it needs a few more hills, as well as a few more trees, and overall remember that in those days, there were many more forests, so you might want to add some, or make the already-present ones bigger.

Aside from that, could you tell me the benefits of the various factions. English seems the best overall faction, having numbers, and all around units (they've got archers, spearmen, heavy cavalry and infantry, very well-rounded), the Scots have good infantry, but some of their lower tier cavalry is surprisingly bad, getting killed at every fights. I don't know about their archers, but they should be good, right ? The Irish have good archers, haven't tried their infantry much, but their horsemen suck big time, while I haven't had a single loss for their knights ... I don't know about the welsh, but they seem alright ... despite being welsh.

A few other things: if possible, change the Sea Raiders to something less Viking-ish, make the foot-based troops have more athletics (I'm thinking Scots mostly, they'd need to be quick having little cavalry) and perhaps stick the claymore on the back ? And give it a sheathed model and scabbard ? At the moment, it looks like a normal bastard sword when sheathed.

Other than that, great job man, this is a very good mod !

Boomie

• Knight at Arms
  • Santa's a thief
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2008, 12:06:07 PM »
I'd really like some upgraded Claymores, they're not performing the way I imagined them when in the hands of the Scottish (frankly due to my fanaticism to Braveheart).

What would also be cool is some in-battle music, like Scotsmen on bagpipes, Welsh and Englishmen on flutes or trumpets and Irishmen on small lyres. Would it be that hard to implement in-battle bagpipe music?  :P

robinthehood

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2008, 05:14:27 AM »
how about french the english and french fought a lot
You cant kill me if you cant find me

Folcan

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2008, 05:59:56 AM »
how about french the english and french fought a lot
This Is called Britain, if you want some good fights between English and French play the HYW mod Its really great.

And a question:
Is it normal that the welsh suck very very very bad?
I mean really, they have no advantage with the english, the welsh have longbows which Is supposed to be the strong side of Wales, the english too (and I sometimes think they are better than welsh in terms of skill but they DO are better equipped), the welsh have cavalry until mounted seargets... which kinda suck, the english normal cavalry are quite strong not to mention their knights which easily kill about 5-8 welsh veteran infantry until I get to hit him, welsh infantry are average but english are quite strong.

I think what Its needed Is to reform their troop tree, make cavalry apart from infantry and the welsh longbowmen MUST be better (in skill) than the english, I don't know If this is historical accurate but the welsh used the longbow before the english and I think that a lot of the english army longbowmen were actually welsh.

Sannyboy1

• Recruit
  • Join Forgotten Honor today! www.forgottenhonor.com
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandit
Why not Linlithgow palace?
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2008, 06:32:42 AM »
You forgot one crucial thing about the scots, Linlithgow Castle
at the time it was there royal palace im sure...
And theres no way Livingston should be there since thats a new town lol...
Livingston was created in the 60's not in the 1300 rofl

Dudro

• Knight at Arms
  • -Fortis et Fidus
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2008, 03:08:33 AM »
Playing this mod for the first time today, I was slightly disappointed.  First off was the map.  The shore lines are all square and are evidently the result of not enough effort or attention.  The "highlands" have no mountains, there are not enough forests and some bandits are still called steppe raiders.  The troops trees are also a bit strange. I only checked out the scot one, but the, for example, highest tier footman has only a kilt, despite being dubbed "nobles", and they, in turn upgrade to scouts for some vague and mysterious reason, who are a lower tier than them,

OBrian

• Recruit
  • For the Glory of Ireland, I Fight, I Bleed, I Die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2008, 09:32:17 PM »
Alright heres a few suggestions having a minor in european history.

Irish: First off the irish heavily used Spears, and adapted the viking axe from the 200 years the scandinavians occupied Dublin. Irish soldiers didn't have much for calvary but had strong peltists (Spear throwers) and finely made chainmail and eventually plate. ( chainmail adapted from vikings, plate from english). There where some irish swordsman, but swords were usually only given to higher ranking soldiers so thats an idea for the higher tiers, same with calvary. And irish army with horses only very high ranked officers had them or a leaders personal bodyguard.

Scottish: The scottish are similar to the irish in weapons being that scottish are technically irish if you go far enough back. Anywho, they favor the spears, axes and bastard swords. But being in direct contact with english on the main island they had horses available. So scottish horseman aren't a bad idea.

English: The english are done pretty accurately, they had platemail at the time period, and they used only spears for the lower ranks and swords with shields for the higher ranks until knights. The english had fine archers to boot, but I suggest that the higher rank archers be kind of hard to reach along with the knights because that would kind of nerf the english.

Welsh: Don't know to much about the welsh, I know they had a similar cultural background to the celts/irish so something along the lines stated above.

Any questions pm me or e-mail me at [email protected]

Phoenix

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2008, 05:13:41 PM »
You should consider adding the north of France and adding France in as a faction.
You could have a few cites and England controling a city or 2.

Just think would be a good idea if you want to add another faction.

Latinikon

• Knight
  • Stench weasel!
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: narancha
  • M&BWB
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2008, 07:46:09 PM »
Morale?

Nice to see some crusaders, they look quite intimidating when you play with the Scotts!  :shock:

More shields for english cavalry/knight/crusader?

Taehl

• Squire
  • Permanently Banned
  • üşüyoruz michael reis!
    • View Profile
    • why don't you have a seat ?
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2008, 08:55:09 AM »
Please, longer pikes .

Many types of pikes, wooden pike, steel-headed pike, etc .

Because pikemen are used frequently in those decades, and it is hella' fun .

İkimiz Astronomican'a baksak,
Ben Devoted'sam Psyker'sız da geçerim
Chaos'taki hali sakın unutma,
Emperor'a dil uzatma sebepsiz,
Sen gene Warp'tan çıkardın amma,
Varacağın yer nereydi bilemezdin şerefsiz!
-Comissar Phasen Tevfik

ego

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2008, 04:24:42 PM »
I have two suggestions to make.

England controls about half of the map and Wales about 1/15 and they both have 4 towns. I know this was done for balancing purposes, but it was really not balanced at the time anyway. I think the number (and size, reflected by garrison size if at all possible) of cities should be kept historically accurate, which would make the game unbalanced, but at the same time offer different difficulty levels and varied game play.

Bandit parties should be large enough to take on caravans, not just wander around aimlessly to provide the player with easy loot. This way, they would be a real issue to deal with and since bigger lands would mean more bandits, it would cut down on England's advantage brought about by giving them more towns as mentioned above.