Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

-Peter-

Master Knight
Old Guard
Feel free to post any suggestions for changes/additions to the script or any weaponry you'd like to see (preferably accompanied by a reference picture).

I dont know if you forogot this but why is london missed on the map isn't that just as improtant...

img_map_large_britian_ireland.gif

Im not saying do them all just put in the main captitials and btw wales has loads of villages in one area try take a few away or keep if you feel like it .....

see you have just updated your new update list to do list hope the work goes well ... best of luck im having few problems with my internet conenction so i probley wont be able to post back a few days.

some epic weapons you get from quests?  :mrgreen:

maybe one epic quest you design, and you choose the weapon you want at the end, like a epic 1h sword, bow, spear etc

quest could involve having to search towns for people, persuading, tracking down a party on the world map, maybe a few epic, or one on one fights ?

Unless that'd be all to hard of course

Zendarian said:
-Peter- said:
Why.so.seriousa? said:
it would be great to see some kind of Scandinavian invader faction

Won't happen, too inaccurate really.

Then why are there so many Sea Raiders? Suggestion: rename Forest Bandits to Sherwood Foresters.

The Sea Raiders aren't Scandinavian invaders, just a bunch of bandits that happen to be located near the coast lines.

EDIT: That said, I might change them anyway, most likely into another bandit party with cavalry. Anyone else got any ideas for a new bandit party?

Suggestions:

In my opinion the yellow of "engtun1" is too bright, perhaps you could maybe lower the saturation and make it slightly darker?

Perhaps you could give the shields, rosh1, rosh2, rosh3 and rosh4 a plain wooden backtexture, one that doesn't have a boss just to make it look more professional.

Finally I think the lower tier units should have crappier armour, mainly the recruit level, for example some of my Scottish farmers are wearing blue and white tunics which seems a bit rich for a lowly farmer.

One more, maybe some of the highlanders could have face textures with blue paint on their faces?

Maybe it's just me, but the Midlands and East Anglia feel way too empty, while Wales is all kinds of crowded. Is there any way to add a few more English villages and castles?

I'd suggest increasing the size of the map, and adding more towns/forts/villages, so that everything doesn't feel so crowded in places and so empty in others.

Also: desperately wanted: more variety of hireable mercenaries from taverns. How about some Gallowglasses, English knights/archers, and Continental mercenaries instead of just bland Irish and Welsh troops?

I didn't do alot of testing/playing yet, but imo Longbowmen or archers in general are underpowered. I had about 50 archers (25 Longbow, rest English archers) positioned at a hill, some infantry and cavalry 10 feet behind. The scotts were advancing with mainly heavy and light infantry and had a hard time getting up to my position because of the hills. My archers kept firing but there wasn't a single scott dead after 5 Longbowmen barrages, at which point the regular archers started firing. 10 Barrages later the Scotts were still advancing without losses. Zooming in and juding from the sounds there were plenty of hits... I would say they were about 80m away. Coming to 40-50m suddenly some dropped dead, at 30m 1/3 was gone.

In HYW with a similar archer count I had deaths allready on 200m, at 50m there were 1/5 remaining, so maybe their accuracy could be tweaked abit? Or leave the accuracy and put on some more dmg  :?:

Oh, and nice work on the mod, I really like the many factions  :wink: .

:???: That shouldn't be happening, I've tweaked the archers stats so they "should" be much more effective. I'll look into it and the rest of the suggestions when I get time.

Yep, nothing drastic though, just changes in equipment, rounds and the tournament scenes.

If I may, I'd suggest making the armies spawn farther away from each other. At the moment, fighting against the English armies, I barely have time to find a close-by hill, and organise my archers and infantry on it that I can already hear English cavalry right next to me. It's just annoying, and then there's also their actual tactics. So far I've seen two different ones for the English: charge like a bunch of barbarians, or advance ten paces every few seconds, going (their) left each time, except that they sometimes end up hugging the edge of the map ... Also, make it so that England is more hilly. I don't actually live there, but I go there frequently, and it needs a few more hills, as well as a few more trees, and overall remember that in those days, there were many more forests, so you might want to add some, or make the already-present ones bigger.

Aside from that, could you tell me the benefits of the various factions. English seems the best overall faction, having numbers, and all around units (they've got archers, spearmen, heavy cavalry and infantry, very well-rounded), the Scots have good infantry, but some of their lower tier cavalry is surprisingly bad, getting killed at every fights. I don't know about their archers, but they should be good, right ? The Irish have good archers, haven't tried their infantry much, but their horsemen suck big time, while I haven't had a single loss for their knights ... I don't know about the welsh, but they seem alright ... despite being welsh.

A few other things: if possible, change the Sea Raiders to something less Viking-ish, make the foot-based troops have more athletics (I'm thinking Scots mostly, they'd need to be quick having little cavalry) and perhaps stick the claymore on the back ? And give it a sheathed model and scabbard ? At the moment, it looks like a normal bastard sword when sheathed.

Other than that, great job man, this is a very good mod !

Back
Top Bottom